Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 409 410 [411] 412 413 ... 3563

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4152077 times)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread: Trump fires FBI Dir. Comey, sheneinighans abound
« Reply #6150 on: May 11, 2017, 01:03:57 pm »

Hokey religions are no substitute for a good blaster at your side, kid.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6151 on: May 11, 2017, 01:06:12 pm »

I find your lack of faith disturbing.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6152 on: May 11, 2017, 01:08:19 pm »

This Thread's Journey to the dark side is now complete.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #6153 on: May 11, 2017, 01:08:54 pm »

I find your lack of 20 prototype weapon systems disturbing enough that I'm ending your contract.

Sadly, the Darth Vaders in real life are all rather mundane in their menace.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6154 on: May 11, 2017, 01:28:06 pm »

Lets Dark Side this topic back on the rails....  lol

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6155 on: May 11, 2017, 01:51:37 pm »

Indeed. It takes years to train a Jedi, while you can make someone profficient in the use of a M203 in a couple of weeks.
Quicker, easier, more seductive, then..?

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6156 on: May 11, 2017, 02:01:42 pm »

XM-25 program just got cancelled! This weapon was very effective and proven itself in combat. The only beneficiary of such an action is Russia... they probably ordered to do it, too.
orrrrrr... maybe it was any of the usual reasons why these get canceled.

overdue
overbudget
unreliable
etc.

how do you live your daily life when literally everything that happens is because of some russian involvement?
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6158 on: May 11, 2017, 02:12:45 pm »

That was never in question. Did people think the FBI would just *forget* about their jobs once comey was fired?
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #6159 on: May 11, 2017, 02:14:14 pm »

So more details emerge.

Most recent and obvious is the now acting director for the FBI, McKabe, has gone on record contradicting the Attorney General's memorandum, stating the Comey has the trust of the rank-and-file (which is confirmed by other reports from within the FBI: there was some disagreement with Comey, particularly regarding Clinton, but he enjoys the support of the agents and they sound pretty pissed with how he was fired.) He said Comey holds "broad support" within the bureau. He also said the investigation into Trump's campaign was "highly significant", contradicting claims by White House deputy press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders that it was, quote "one of the smallest things that they've got going on their plate." Note that this hearing was not supposed to be about Comey's firing (national security hearing), but Comey was supposed to testify at it himself, leading to the discussion.

In addition, Trump has gone on record contradicting Mike Pence about the reason for the firing: Pence said it was on the advice of the deputy attorney general, while Trump stated in an interview with NBC today that he planned to fire Comey no matter what Rosenstein said. He also called Comey a "showboat".

Overall, it's a similar pattern to other scandals: those opposed to Trump are as opposed as ever, moderates express grave concerns, and few Republicans break ranks to criticize. Trump's base always loses a small few each time, but most back the President (NY times has an article on the reaction to the firing in Trump country, which is pretty much what I said here).
how do you live your daily life when literally everything that happens is because of some russian involvement?
Sergarr is russian, so everything he does is Russian involvement. There's russian involvement in this very forum!!!1!
Acting FBI director informs Congress that the Russia investigation remains top priority, that there is "no chance" that it will be stalled, and that the White House is not receiving information about the probe.
Oh hey, neat. I was expecting that this post ninja'd me, but instead, it supplements what I've said! Marvellous.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6160 on: May 11, 2017, 02:16:39 pm »

That was never in question. Did people think the FBI would just *forget* about their jobs once comey was fired?

Maybe Trump was hoping that. Though he said that he was going to fire Comey regardless.

Also, I wonder if Sarah Huckabee Sanders is going to be the new Press Sec.? Spicer was supposedly doing naval reserve stuff and was supposed to be back this monday.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 02:18:19 pm by smjjames »

muldrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6161 on: May 11, 2017, 02:17:04 pm »

As much as the timing of this is clearly suspicious and the justification for that timing a transparently laughable ruse, the fact is this guy needed to go.  The level of response to it approaches hysteria.  It's not a hill I'd want to die (or impeach) on.  Many of the very people flipping out about him being fired now were screaming for the guy's head since before November.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6162 on: May 11, 2017, 02:26:23 pm »

As much as the timing of this is clearly suspicious and the justification for that timing a transparently laughable ruse, the fact is this guy needed to go.  The level of response to it approaches hysteria.  It's not a hill I'd want to die (or impeach) on.  Many of the very people flipping out about him being fired now were screaming for the guy's head since before November.

Yeah, there is some hypocrisy going around, but you just don't fire the person investigating you without it looking like a coverup or something.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #6163 on: May 11, 2017, 02:37:31 pm »

Funny you mention that. But yeah, I'm not losing any sleep over Comey getting bitten while he feeds Trump, but it does open up the spot for future manipulation by the President.

I suspect the new head of the FBI will be... someone with extremely close ties to the freedom caucus. But that's the fun thing about Trump, it could be anyone. Kushner, maybe Barron, maybe Bannon. Or nobody.

But I suspect it will be a moron who paid Trump a great deal of money, both proving that the new FBI head is loyal, and also taking a favor off of Trump's books.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6164 on: May 11, 2017, 02:58:24 pm »

The XM25 is just the latest guise of the boondoggle that is the OICW system. Someone should be smart enough to bury the damn thing in running water with a stake in its heart this time.
Even the avatars expire eventually.
Pages: 1 ... 409 410 [411] 412 413 ... 3563