Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 406 407 [408] 409 410 ... 3563

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4151568 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread: Trump fires FBI Dir. Comey, sheneinighans abound
« Reply #6105 on: May 10, 2017, 07:31:07 pm »

Honestly, if you gave me a choice between a Donald and a Dwayne, I'd choose the Dwayne.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6106 on: May 10, 2017, 07:38:40 pm »

Choose Dwayne. He's not that bad a guy.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6107 on: May 10, 2017, 07:43:30 pm »

Dwayne, definitely. Hoping for a Teddy Roosevelt inspired Dwayne that turns his presidency into Walking Tall 2: Electoral College Boogaloo

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6108 on: May 10, 2017, 07:44:21 pm »

I'd certainly rather have The Rock than the Trumpet.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6109 on: May 10, 2017, 07:45:31 pm »

Dwayne Johnson is a Republican, he even spoke at the 2000 RNC convention.

He might be the only notable Republican I could be persuaded to vote for, by way of his strength of character. But I'd still choose most Democrats over him.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6110 on: May 10, 2017, 07:47:42 pm »

He also spoke at the 2000 Democratic National Convention.  He is an independent, and chooses not to affiliate himself with either party beyond urging people to vote.

Edit: He WAS registered Republican, at least up to 2012.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 07:50:15 pm by NullForceOmega »
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #6111 on: May 10, 2017, 07:49:16 pm »

He's a nice guy. But that has fuck all to do with his politics. As a celebrity he's in the business of marketing himself, just like Donald. It's dangerous to assume that persona reflects how he would be in office.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6112 on: May 10, 2017, 07:52:12 pm »

Don't be constrained by the two party system! That's what they want!

VOTE VIN DIESEL.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6113 on: May 10, 2017, 07:54:08 pm »

Please, Vin clearly plays a min-maxed Rogue/Sorceror, you can't let a guy like that run the government.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #6114 on: May 10, 2017, 07:56:00 pm »

Vin Diesel actually plays D&D. Maybe that's the joke you were making.

At this rate the 2020 presidential cabinent is going to look the Expendables 2.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6115 on: May 10, 2017, 07:56:52 pm »

He's a nice guy. But that has fuck all to do with his politics. As a celebrity he's in the business of marketing himself, just like Donald. It's dangerous to assume that persona reflects how he would be in office.

Look... I have 100% confidence that if he were elected president he'd solve all domestic problems with a subtle, "Ahem... fix yourselves. Before I have to." He's then proceed to grab Israel and Palestine... not their leadership, the entire countries and with a simple raise of his eyebrow they'd get the message and be hugging within a few minutes. After that he'd travel to the Korean DMZ and flex, both sides being so at awe that they agree to melt down all the Kim statues and cast a new The Rock statue, massive in stature, one foot in Pyongyang, one foot in Seoul. And he'd finish it off with a simple meal of 3 dozen potstickers in China and working out a trade deal which benefits everyone while washing it down with several gallons of steaming tea. For dessert he stops at Hawaii and finished off a pineapple orchard. The entire world lives in a golden age of peace for several weeks until we all realize he's eaten the ENTIRE world supply of food and we all starve to death.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6116 on: May 10, 2017, 08:09:28 pm »

Please, Vin clearly plays a min-maxed Rogue/Sorceror, you can't let a guy like that run the government.

THAT IS FAKE NEWS.

Vin plays a witch hunter, a class specifically geared towards eliminating the misuse of power! He will assassinate the swamp in his first week. His constantly-in-effect true seeing will reveal what's REALLY going on in Washington! WMD's? He knows for sure! Russian Hacks? He can detect them instantly! His immunity to mind-affecting abilities means he CAN'T be controlled by the corrupt media.

Also, He'll take care of any pesky witch infestations that might crop up. Vote Vin.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6117 on: May 10, 2017, 09:26:59 pm »

lol

What the heck does Vin Diesel have to do with politics anyway?

Anyhow, apparently Trump is agitated over the investigation and apparently a day or two before Trump fired him, Comey had requested (to who? not sure here) more resources for the investigation.

This whole thing is smelling to higher and higher high heaven (which has an infinite number of planes) of scandal and conspiracy. Also, the Senate wants to interview Comey tomorrow. It's suddenly unravelling at a high rate of speed.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6118 on: May 10, 2017, 09:32:22 pm »

It should be said that Trumps Approval rating with his voters stays strong, only falling 5 points.

So he is still doing a great job.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #6119 on: May 10, 2017, 10:48:42 pm »

Yo Neo, you looking for a job as one of Trump's mouthpieces? They might well take you, they're pretty severely undermanned at the moment and could use a fresh face to get on TV and tell us how things aren't really the way the public thinks they are, for reasons we won't tell you. I'm not even kidding, they might even do it.

Anyway, there's a legitimate question I think about these Russia things, but at the same time, I have, to be honest: I don't know what there is behind all this Russia conspiracy. Perhaps there's nothng. There are missing pieces that don't really sit right with me, like what Russia got out of all this. On its own, I don't know if there would be nearly as much interest for the scandal itself except for the way he (Trump) has handled it. He acts suspicious. For all we know, isn't it possible that's just because he can't admit to faults? A politico article called Trump "A human smoke machine", and I think that is an entirely apt description. He breathes distraction, deflection, and confusion. He freaking revels in it. That's been clear since literally his first campaign speech on. That man is not only the master of misrepresenting the record, but I'd bet he does it impulsively too.

But where does this Russia investigation end? I don't know, and Trump seems determined to muck the waters. It's possible, in my mind, that he might be genuinely innocent of genuine collusion (although definitely guilty of being shady, alla "I want people to hack Clinton"). But he and his administration are so dedicated to compromising the process that if there isn't a real connection, it would be hard to even believe because it would be so tempting (and reasonable!) to believe that he is hiding the real results. Or put another way, the administration response to the accusation of smoke is to close the windows. The smoke never clears, regardless of whether there's fire. He'd be under perpetual low-level scandal.

Until he goes too far, of course. It's always possible he decides to go Nixon for ultimately trivial reasons. I'd believe it. He's not exactly very far from thinking "Well when the President does it, that means that it is not illegal", after all. He might so thoroughly muck up his handling of this it metastasizes into genuine Nixonian criminality. Not the strangest story we could get from 2017.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 11:07:23 pm by misko27 »
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now
Pages: 1 ... 406 407 [408] 409 410 ... 3563