Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 405 406 [407] 408 409 ... 3563

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4151369 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread: Trump fires FBI Dir. Comey, sheneinighans abound
« Reply #6090 on: May 10, 2017, 05:26:32 pm »

Trump on Order 66:

"Jedi are not good for the galaxy! Very bad! Clones are doing good job taking them out. This will make the Republic Great Again!"

I cannot fucking believe we have a half-assed Emperor Palpatine for a president, and literally nothing is being done about the blatantly shifty, borderline illegal shit he is doing.
counter-argument: the empire under palpatine is a 100+ times better than the republic.

think of it like syria: the only reason palpatine does literally anything evil is because of the rebels. sure the death star is evil supreme, but rebel scum.

the republic is a mess of corruption, crime, and scheming political factions that killed a shitload of innocents in the crossfire. the empire is corrupt, but it's stable, and more prosperous for 99% of the people (besides aliens, but who cares about aliens amirite.)

Oppression and common-place massacres of innocents, justified by, "Well they didn't do what the jack-booted thugs told them to." Is in no fucking way anywhere near even 1% better than corruption, crime, and scheming political factions. Your counter argument is absurdly offensive to me. In the Star Wars sense, that is. IRL metaphor sense, not so much. Trump isn't smart enough to be Palpy.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6091 on: May 10, 2017, 05:26:42 pm »

why are you suddenly discussing star wars in ye ameripol thread

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6092 on: May 10, 2017, 05:27:37 pm »

We've been averaging about one derail per fifty posts, so I think it's fine if I segue into Star Wars.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6093 on: May 10, 2017, 05:51:59 pm »

It seems that trump had wanted Comey gone for about a week.

New yourk times:
"WASHINGTON — The countdown to President Trump’s dismissal of James B. Comey, the F.B.I. director, began last weekend with an enraged president stewing over Mr. Comey’s testimony to Congress last week, when he admitted to being “slightly nauseous” about doing anything to get Mr. Trump elected.

Mr. Trump, according to people close to the president, had been openly talking about firing Mr. Comey for at least a week. Despite the objections from some of his aides about the optics and the lack of an obvious successor, the grumbling evolved into a tentative plan as he angrily watched the Sunday news shows at his Bedminster, N.J., golf resort.

By Monday, capping off months of festering grievances, Mr. Trump told people around him that he wanted Mr. Comey gone, repeatedly questioning Mr. Comey’s fitness for the job and telling aides there was “something wrong” with him, several people familiar with the discussions said."
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6094 on: May 10, 2017, 06:06:35 pm »

"I want this man off my TV". With Trump it's come full circle from Nixon. Nixon was a pioneer in using television to campaign, it was really mastered under Reagan, became just commonplace by the time of Bush, and now Trump just watches TV as his means of governance.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6095 on: May 10, 2017, 06:08:14 pm »

SERIOUSLY TRUMP! Stop being the most suspicious man in the universe!

Pretend you are a great president. Pretend for me! AND GET OFF TWITTER!

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6096 on: May 10, 2017, 06:15:06 pm »

Spicer news.

Apparently Spicer "hid in the bushes" to avoid questions about the Comey sacking.

Except delete the quotes from that last sentence, because the news is pointing out that he literally hid in some shrubbery to avoid the press.

He only emerged from the bushes after an executive assistant in the press office, Janet Montesi, reportedly confirmed that he would answer reporters’ questions so long as they didn’t film him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ud-eiDxeJj4
« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 06:18:31 pm by Reelya »

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6097 on: May 10, 2017, 06:19:12 pm »

"I want this man off my TV". With Trump it's come full circle from Nixon. Nixon was a pioneer in using television to campaign, it was really mastered under Reagan, became just commonplace by the time of Bush, and now Trump just watches TV as his means of governance.

What did you expect from a reality TV star?
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6098 on: May 10, 2017, 06:23:40 pm »

On that topic, the latest in my news links is that Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson has just announced his presidential ambitions. How would you be, folks, if the next election you had to pick between D-Kanye West and R-Dwayne Johnson?

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6099 on: May 10, 2017, 06:25:11 pm »

On that topic, the latest in my news links is that Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson has just announced his presidential ambitions. How would you be, folks, if the next election you had to pick between D-Kanye West and R-Dwayne Johnson?
I'd probably move to Canada if that happened.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6100 on: May 10, 2017, 06:27:59 pm »

I choose death.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6101 on: May 10, 2017, 06:30:18 pm »

I'd defect to Russia.
He's fucking with us.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6102 on: May 10, 2017, 06:33:26 pm »

I'd vote for trump
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6103 on: May 10, 2017, 07:18:21 pm »

I believe it would be "Dwayne the R Johnson." Not "R Dwayne Johnson".

And I would jump ship so fast. Like... So fast. Goodbye USA!
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6104 on: May 10, 2017, 07:27:50 pm »

Do you even know anything about the man?  Seems pretty superficial to go "Oh, he's a wrestler/movie star, there's no way he could be an acceptable president!"  Anyway, he's not a Republican, he's an independent, and the US actually has had surprising luck with former wrestlers turned politicians.

But the Kayne West part of that could burn in hell, that man shouldn't even be allowed to communicate with other human beings.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.
Pages: 1 ... 405 406 [407] 408 409 ... 3563