Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 399 400 [401] 402 403 ... 3563

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4150777 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile

Meanwhile, the US decided to supply the Syrian Kurds with heavier weapons, against the wishes of Turkey. Next week, Erdogan will visit the US to meet with Trump.
http://www.volkskrant.nl/buitenland/vs-levert-zwaardere-wapens-aan-koerden-ondanks-bezwaar-turkije~a4493599/

Trump would slightly rise in my opinion if he would play this old song as background music in the entry hall of the White House when welcoming Erdogan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7S94ohyErSw
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile

This came shortly after the FBI released a statement that Comey's letter to Congress about Clinton's emails just before the election(that might very well have been the final decider, as it coincided with a massive drop in Clinton's polling) was essentially groundless. Firing him is one of the most presidential things Trump's done yet.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This came shortly after the FBI released a statement that Comey's letter to Congress about Clinton's emails just before the election(that might very well have been the final decider, as it coincided with a massive drop in Clinton's polling) was essentially groundless. Firing him is one of the most presidential things Trump's done yet.

Yeah but unfortunately it may have a BIT more to do with the fact that Trump himself is under investigation by the FBI.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile

That's less important - Trump being under investigation isn't new, so this won't look like he's lashing out at them for it. Instead, it looks like he is firing Comey purely because he abused his office and potentially affected the outcome of an election. Considering that there is a real possibility that he won because of what Comey did, it looks like an act of integrity and principle. Appearances are an extremely important part of being presidential.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Rusty Shackleford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Clinton is a piece of shit and so is Trump. Figures somebody honestly investigating their corrupt asses would be punished and fired.

Least it wasn't Clinton around to remove him from office, he'd probably be mysteriously killed by now.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile

Looked up the reason after posting and... yeah, I actually agree he should have been fired there.  I can't believe I just said that but there it is.

Still raises the question of who gets nominated to appoint him.  After Betsy Devos I have basically zero faith in this senate's ability to vet candidates, but... somewhere in the senate there have to be at least two Republicans that care about such an important position.  McCain surely at the very least.

It'll be interesting to see what if anything gets leaked about ongoing investigations now that the FBI is headless.  I have absolutely no historical knowledge about this, has there ever been a similar case to this?  God things are happening so quickly.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile

Least it wasn't Clinton around to remove him from office, he'd probably be mysteriously killed by now.

You actually believe that idiotic and thoroughly debunked conspiracy theory that has absolutely no basis in fact whatsoever? I find it difficult to believe anybody that stupid could manage to use a computer.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile

FBI Director James Comey has been terminated from his post as FBI Director. Huh.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Rusty Shackleford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You actually believe that idiotic and thoroughly debunked conspiracy theory that has absolutely no basis in fact whatsoever? I find it difficult to believe anybody that stupid could manage to use a computer.

I'm obviously joking about that last part, please, this is a classy place, there is no need for personal attacks.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile

I'm obviously joking about that last part, please, this is a classy place, there is no need for personal attacks.

If that was intended as a joke, then I apologize. I see too much conspiracy bullshit seeping into public discourse not to attack it whenever I see it.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile

I sense the firing is going to be one of those "everyone agrees for entirely different reasons" moments. Perhaps diametrically opposed reasons, in fact.

(Meanwhile, Wikipedia has already been updated with the information, before half of the news-sites. Madness.)
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I sense the firing is going to be one of those "everyone agrees for entirely different reasons" moments. Perhaps diametrically opposed reasons, in fact.

(Meanwhile, Wikipedia has already been updated with the information, before half of the news-sites. Madness.)

The problem I have is that Trump typically only hires sycophants... so I WONDER what will happen to that FBI investigation.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah... I'm not sure whether you should take your meds or stop taking your meds.

(ETA: ditto as per Lord Shonus.)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 05:29:45 pm by Starver »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah... I'm not sure whether you should take your meds or stop taking your meds.

As Hillary Clinton ever made someone... disappear?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Holy shit.  During a massive active investigation.

What the actual fuck.  I bet he'll lose half a percentage point on his Republican approval rating that's how bad this is.

Trump will probably get a bit of a boost from both parties since Comey isn't real popular with either.

Now we are going to have to REALLY watch who is picked to replace him because of the all too obvious massive conflict of interest right there.
Pages: 1 ... 399 400 [401] 402 403 ... 3563