Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 379 380 [381] 382 383 ... 3563

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4150386 times)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@Neonivek: Chock full, not "chalked" full...

yeah, I noticed that too.

Also you "co-opt" something not "co-op"

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Do they really need to drag this shitty attempt at making healthcare a thing they "improved" back up? We have enough stupid to deal with as it is with the president and the FCC chairman.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Here's a more recent analysis, which is from the first Trumpcare proposal I believe: link.

The results are similar and for similar reasons.  Doing away with the individual mandate would mean that a lot of people would no longer get insurance, which would in turn cause premiums to increase due to health insurers shifting costs to the fewer people who do get insurance, which in turn causes some of them to stop getting it due to costs.

Rinse and repeat. No idea if that's the problem that was behind the crisis that led to Obama trying to fix it, but it seems like something that would lead to a crisis down the line.

Do they really need to drag this shitty attempt at making healthcare a thing they "improved" back up? We have enough stupid to deal with as it is with the president and the FCC chairman.

Yes, because they promised their consistuents for 6 years that they would repeal Obamacare and replace it with.... something. So, they're between a rock and a hard place.

Why can't they just leave the Obamacare framework there and try to fix whatever is wrong with it.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Yes, because they promised their consistuents for 6 years that they would repeal Obamacare and replace it with.... something. So, they're between a rock and a hard place.

Why can't they just leave the Obamacare framework there and try to fix whatever is wrong with it.
Well then they come up with something actually better or they shut the fuck up. They have enough shit to ruin as it is.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well then they come up with something actually better or they shut the fuck up. They have enough shit to ruin as it is.

Somehow they can't come up with something better. :P They had years to come up with something.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Frankly I'm amazed that people actually believed them when they said that.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

"Hope is a dangerous thing. Hope can drive a man crazy."
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile

Well, to those demanding armed revolution, it's never been easier in this country to buy a gun.

No. Just, no.

We don't shoot people who disagree with us, even if they do really stupid shit while doing so. There are few, very few, crimes worthy of armed retribution.
nobody here's saying "behead those who disagree" Draig.

we're just saying that the corrupt government pigs must be guillotined.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile

Here's a more recent analysis, which is from the first Trumpcare proposal I believe: link.

The results are similar and for similar reasons.  Doing away with the individual mandate would mean that a lot of people would no longer get insurance, which would in turn cause premiums to increase due to health insurers shifting costs to the fewer people who do get insurance, which in turn causes some of them to stop getting it due to costs.

There are other reasons listed in the analysis, linked to changes in subsidies and Medicare expansion.  I'm less versed on the details of those, so I'll just trust the CBO report.
In addition, IIRC, various estimates put the corpse count as a result of Trumpcare at somewhere in the range of 24,000 to 42,000 a year (and that was before they made it more extreme by dropping preexisting condition protection); or about 100 dead a day. Probably thousands a day maimed. If they left Obamacare in place, and opted to simply set off a car bomb every day in a crowded city instead, it would almost certainly be the less violent option.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 07:37:24 pm by alway »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes but you are forgetting something.

They deserve it for not paying for insurgence. Trump pays for his insurance.

Well ok, he doesn't actually pay his own health insurance he gets his business to pay for it for him...

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There are other reasons listed in the analysis, linked to changes in subsidies and Medicare expansion.  I'm less versed on the details of those, so I'll just trust the CBO report.
In addition, IIRC, various estimates put the corpse count as a result of Trumpcare at somewhere in the range of 24,000 to 42,000 a year (and that was before they made it more extreme by dropping preexisting condition protection); or about 100 dead a day. Probably thousands a day maimed. If they left Obamacare in place, and opted to simply set off a car bomb every day in a crowded city instead, it would almost certainly be the less violent option.

Projections that put Trumpcare at over 1% of deaths in the US and taking the number 10th spot for "by cause"?

Lemee throw a citation needed on that.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile

Projections that put Trumpcare at over 1% of deaths in the US and taking the number 10th spot for "by cause"?

Lemee throw a citation needed on that.
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/3/14/14921962/ahca-mortality-gun-homicides
Studies cited on the second half of that article.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile

Well, to those demanding armed revolution, it's never been easier in this country to buy a gun.

No. Just, no.

We don't shoot people who disagree with us, even if they do really stupid shit while doing so. There are few, very few, crimes worthy of armed retribution.
nobody here's saying "behead those who disagree" Draig.

we're just saying that the corrupt government pigs must be guillotined.
I wasn't even saying that. I was saying "piss or get off the pot".
I've got plenty of guns, but I also know that John Parker got shot. Somebody else can go first.  ;D

Edit: huh, John Parker actually wasn't shot...maybe I will start that revolution then.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 08:44:31 pm by Playergamer »
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's some torturing of numbers equal to Twain's quote. Statistics founded on assumption based on comparing the lost coverage as a result of an unfinished bill based on the decrease in mortality in States that expanded medicaid coverage.
Even the avatars expire eventually.
Pages: 1 ... 379 380 [381] 382 383 ... 3563