Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 361 362 [363] 364 365 ... 3563

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4152159 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile

You think Trump was born that way, or did he suffer major brain trauma somewhere along the path of his life? Perhaps it was oxygen deprivation during extreme golden showers.
I'm a little tired of this "Trump brain-damage" thing. He talks exactly like my granddad; he uses simple words, he repeats himself, and he simplifies away a lot of history. Trump's an old man, and he talks like one.

PS: My grandpa isn't senile. Also, he's a New Yakker, so sometimes it's hard for me to tell them apart.

Would you elect your grandad to the highest office in the land?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile

You think Trump was born that way, or did he suffer major brain trauma somewhere along the path of his life? Perhaps it was oxygen deprivation during extreme golden showers.
I'm a little tired of this "Trump brain-damage" thing. He talks exactly like my granddad; he uses simple words, he repeats himself, and he simplifies away a lot of history. Trump's an old man, and he talks like one.

PS: My grandpa isn't senile. Also, he's a New Yakker, so sometimes it's hard for me to tell them apart.

No, but can we stop with the tired "hur hur Trump's brain-damaged." Ignoring the hypocrisy of getting offended about all sorts of things, and then turning around and using brain-damaged as an insult, it really doesn't add anything to the conversation at this point.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No, but can we stop with the tired "hur hur Trump's brain-damaged." Ignoring the hypocrisy of getting offended about all sorts of things, and then turning around and using brain-damaged as an insult, it really doesn't add anything to the conversation at this point.

I don't think he is brain-damaged. I just don't think he is particularly bright, I would be seriously surprised if his IQ is above 110.
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile

He has the best IQ.  The highest IQ.  He has good friends that tell him how impressed they are about his IQ.  Nobody's IQ quite compares, not nearly as high.  Especially that crook Hillary.  Sad!
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile

The point is that memes and allegations of brain damage do nothing except make the person saying them feel better for a bit. It's the discussion equivalent of posting "one like = one pray" after a disaster. Does nothing, adds nothing except a little imaginary virtue boost for the participants, in an ecosystem where most people agree (in broad strokes, I don't keep a profile of every individual poster) that Trump is dangerously unqualified.

I swear we just had a discussion about virtue-signalling several pages back. Maybe it was another thread, dunno.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile

Nothing in the 300 or so pages of this thread does anything.

Nonetheless, Trump's incompetency and his general display of it is still of importance.  Like it or not, its how much of the world sees the US, and they see a fat old orange man who speaks in circles, constantly alters his opinion to match the situation, often steers the conversation to himself, seeks more valuable information out of his cronies' tabloid magazines rather than the intelligence agencies he is surrounded by, and is more concerned about his weekly golf score than the people he campaigned to serve.  And if you want to see him, you have to (Literally) pay him a visit on the golf course he owns.  He has insulted several countries via diarrhea of the mouth by now, some of which before he ever stepped into the white house.  If he wanted to make America great again, he could certainly start with its self image, not that he ever would.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

It's pretty usual for a President to have a particular cadence and frequent phrases, it comes with the territory of speaking publicly so much. Trump is odd because he developed it for a non-political context and it involves throwing out a wall of words without progressing much in information. It's how you hold a stage indefinitely no matter how much you actually have to talk about, I learned a similar trick as a debater, though I don't think any of us sound quite like Orange Slice.

Anyway, he probably can't change it now even if he wants to, after so many years of use it is definitely sunk into his brain. It may change slowly, I'd have to check his early primary speeches to compare.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile

In order for it to change at all, he'd need to actually admit something's wrong.  He won't do that.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Trump reminds me of my stepdad. A selfish asshole, who thinks that not only does the entire universe revolve around them, that the universe actually changes to conform to their beliefs, and is a vindictive bastard who will take the most petty form of revenge over even completely imagined offenses.

By the way, today while digging my bicycle out from under the pile of stuff my stepdad buried it under after yesterday's incident, I found several Trump/Pence election signs.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile

I agree.  Its the same reason I try not to insult Trump's appearance, cause at the end of the day that's not my actual problem with him.  The fact that he's old, out of shape, and has a bad tan really is not worth insulting him for and we catch other people in the crosshairs when we do.  (Ok the tan is maybe slightly worthy of insult)

Like some people out there do have brain damage.  I will say tho I insulting Trump for his lack of knowledge is fair.  He should know these things if he's going to be president (plus he has near-infinite access to expert advisors, even if he chooses not to use that access).
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile

u focking wot m8?

I've already stated my thoughts on Trump semi-extensively. At this point we should consider what he's doing and not play psych (and that's rich coming from me).

But anyway, two things from the land of the setting Presidency: Congress manages to avoid a shutdown, largely by bypassing Trump priorities, and there are reports of the chamber developing something resembling a backbone; while in the House, Republicans continue their quixotic quest to pass Healthcare reform. Because they are relying entirely on budgetary rules that I don't claim to understand at all, they apparently need to do so now (or soonish), or they'll miss their chance to do so without needing a 60-vote majority in the Senate (they want to do this entirely with budgetary reconciliation, which requires 51 votes, but to do that it has to happen alongside the current budget deal, or something like that.)
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile

I wonder how fast the democrats will be blamed for the zero dollars spared for the mexican wall.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile

Yeah, those democrats need to step back and let the party of fiscal responsibility handle the budget.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Part of me hates filibusters when they are used only as a "WHAAAA we want our way! Give in to us! Compromise is for wusses!"

Then again if the vote really is split that way...

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

Unfortunately, a lot of people fall for "golden mean" arguments that will always favor the Republicans because of what whiny bitches they are. When in opposition it's the Democrats refusing to accept they don't rule this nation as royalty and gods without opposition, when in government it's the Democrats flaunting reason and influence to be petulant towards the Republicans.

One of the biggest problems of the Dems is that they won't grow quite enough spine. In a tit-for-tat game the most frequently cheating competitor sets the effective mean. Hopefully this will be the turnaround of that.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 361 362 [363] 364 365 ... 3563