Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 350 351 [352] 353 354 ... 3563

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4153273 times)

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile

Trump wants extra funding for new programs (finally including THE WALL)

But.. Mexico was going to pay for that wall weren't they?

He changed that to a slightly less bold claim that Mexico will reimburse us for the wall.
I kinda assumed that was what he meant originally. I mean, I didn't expect Mexico to swipe a card whenever some new expense came up.

I also want to say "shutting down the government would hurt Republican interests because it limits their ability to accomplish things before 2018, and it would also make the US even more vulnerable if a genuine crisis comes along."  But... again, do they care?  They're in full bridge burning mode and they ain't looking back.
Yeah, this is the problem democrats have: they don't understand that "Republican interests" don't exist.

I mean, fuck. Right now, the President basically agrees with maybe two members of congress. The Republican party is split between the Christian Conservatives, the libertarians, the political establishment, the tea party, the alt-right, the Trump supporters, and so, so much more.

I mean, the democrats aren't very stable either...but they're a lot more stable than the Republicans. The GOP has always been a very dangerous coalition of people who don't agree on jack shit.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile

Also, it will still be dwarfed by the Great wall of China. It is too tiny.  Not a real mega-project.

Unimpressed. Call me when he starts construction on a 500ft tall statue of himself made entirely out of handmade animal soap.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm just waiting for the point where they try to blame it on the democrats for not supporting their idiotic proposals that they are fundamentally against and also have the republicans still failing to agree on anything at the same time. it shall be glorious in its train wreckitude.

People have been claiming that the republican party is in full train wreckitude since around the time McCain lost. Haven't seen much shrapnel.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm just waiting for the point where they try to blame it on the democrats for not supporting their idiotic proposals that they are fundamentally against and also have the republicans still failing to agree on anything at the same time. it shall be glorious in its train wreckitude.

People have been claiming that the republican party is in full train wreckitude since around the time McCain lost. Haven't seen much shrapnel.
probably not full train wreck unfortunately but aca repeal levels of fail is what I'm expecting.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile

I wonder how well trump did at golf last weekend.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile

Was the ACA repeal not full trainwreck? I mean it looked pretty train wreck to me.

I mean, fuck. Right now, the President basically agrees with maybe two members of congress. The Republican party is split between the Christian Conservatives, the libertarians, the political establishment, the tea party, the alt-right, the Trump supporters, and so, so much more.
I disagree. Trump has shown he's entirely willing to believe the first person to talk to him about anything. There was some great anecdote about one of the very, very rare moderates floating around (I think one of the democrats from the south? That narrows it down to like three people) who got into a meeting with Trump. The moderate presented his pet project to Trump, Trump said: "This looks good to me, I like it. I think we should do it. What do you think Preibus?" And Priebus agreed to take the bill into consideration, despite it being a rather liberal bill that Republicans have shut down before. The point is that having Trump's ear is directly equivalent to influence on him. So it's wrong to think of him as agreeing or disagreeing with concrete positions, so much as being swayed to a certain position for a while by his gut and influential voices.

I mean, the democrats aren't very stable either...but they're a lot more stable than the Republicans. The GOP has always been a very dangerous coalition of people who don't agree on jack shit.
Democrats currently have all the stability of the Pentagon. Being in the wilderness is really good at beating people into line, as it turns out. The entire party is unified on the "Fuck Trump" platform, and the base expects nothing less.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

The only aspects of AHCA that avoided being trainwrecked were:

A. Voting on AHCA and failing.

B. Repealing ACA without a replacement and having the above happen.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Whether or not the ACA repeal was a full trainwreck, it was definetly a major fail at trying to come up with major legislation.

Trump is now saying that he is willing to put off border wall funding until September. Only problem is, the NEXT funding fight is October 1st, so, he's just setting Congress up for another funding fight.

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
That's technically an action, not a speech... Well it was only a matter of time before I had to write another scene of utter and horrifying perversion.

King of Candy Island.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, it will still be dwarfed by the Great wall of China. It is too tiny.  Not a real mega-project.

Unimpressed. Call me when he starts construction on a 500ft tall statue of himself made entirely out of handmade animal soap.

Indeed. I'm increasingly seeing this as a real-life succession game.
It's Trump's turn now, and we all know he absolutely sucks at Dwarf Fortress.

What can possibly go wrong?

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile

Squatch, if you want to have a good faith discussion, then by all means do so. But if you're just here to repost /pol/ garbage of the week (and yes, it's extremely obvious), I would request you cut it out, as it's making no more of a contribution to actual discussions than a bot posting links selling kitchen appliances.

Whether or not the ACA repeal was a full trainwreck, it was definetly a major fail at trying to come up with major legislation.

Trump is now saying that he is willing to put off border wall funding until September. Only problem is, the NEXT funding fight is October 1st, so, he's just setting Congress up for another funding fight.
This has sort of been the status quo ever since Republicans started doing this tactic to Obama though. It's mostly just them kicking the can down the road repeatedly on their unrealistic promises while making enough noise about them that they can pretend they will still be fulfilled. At this point, there really isn't anything you can read into with these moves because it's just what they do now.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile

Its very convenient for him to say hat Mexico will reimburse it later because then if it isnt its some other president's fault
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Its very convenient for him to say hat Mexico will reimburse it later because then if it isnt its some other president's fault

And you know... Germany owes the USA money because we are, in fact, running a protection racket.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

So apparently the entire Senate is being called to the White House to discuss North Korea? Oh boy, DPRK Thread might be undergoing some radical resyngergizing soon...
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile

That's worrisome. Perhaps NK sank the aircraft carrier a week ago, which is why no one can acertain it's exact position. :P
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479
Pages: 1 ... 350 351 [352] 353 354 ... 3563