Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 349 350 [351] 352 353 ... 3563

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4153418 times)

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile

This reality is not nearly happy enough to allow us the wonder of a real liberal crime squad, merely glimpses of what could be. When hippies wielding stolen assault rifles start running into battle with the police shouting "We Need A Slogan!", maybe the time will have come.
*mastahcheese starts handing out posters and pot brownies*
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

* Starver tries to flirt with Gorsuch, playing the long game...

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile

You freaking crypto-scrubs with your Conservative jokes, everyone knows that L+ stuff is in Liberal Lime.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile

TempAcc performs the secret Liberal Crime Squad hand sign!
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile

TempAcc performs the secret Liberal Crime Squad hand sign!

Which is shouting "we need a hand sign!"
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

Get hype for government shutdown? Shutdown threats fizzle more than they explode, but this one is gearing up towards a similar conflict that fell on the AHCA. Trump wants extra funding for new programs (finally including THE WALL), the Freedom Caucus responds "Funding!? REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-", and the Democrats are trolling with their kingmaker potential.

Could become a nasty fight.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yea, the WH is saying that they don't want a shutdown and yet at the same time, are pushing for wall funding in the budget bill. I've also seen in at least one place, that Trump floated the idea of vetoing it if the bill doesn't include wall funding, but that seems more posturing rather than an actual threat.

The Republicans also really don't want to do a shutdown, so....

Is it so hard to simply fund the basics for government? :P

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile

Yea, the WH is saying that they don't want a shutdown and yet at the same time, are pushing for wall funding in the budget bill. I've also seen in at least one place, that Trump floated the idea of vetoing it if the bill doesn't include wall funding, but that seems more posturing rather than an actual threat.

The Republicans also really don't want to do a shutdown, so....

I remember one time in NJ we had no state gov for like 3 months because budget arguments.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile

Its all getting funneled into more MOABs for the middle east and bigger armadas for asia.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile

Its all getting funneled into more MOABs for the middle east and bigger armadas for asia Australia.

FTFY
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile

I want to say "with congress and the WH both in Republican hands a shutdown would be political suicide", but.  What would Republican political suicide even look like at this point?  What could they say or do that they haven't already said or done?  Cause by my count the list pretty much includes "insult their voters" and "break with party policy."  That's it.

I also want to say "shutting down the government would hurt Republican interests because it limits their ability to accomplish things before 2018, and it would also make the US even more vulnerable if a genuine crisis comes along."  But... again, do they care?  They're in full bridge burning mode and they ain't looking back.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Trump wants extra funding for new programs (finally including THE WALL)

But.. Mexico was going to pay for that wall weren't they?

Also, it will still be dwarfed by the Great wall of China. It is too tiny.  Not a real mega-project.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 04:58:46 pm by Bralbaard »

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, it will still be dwarfed by the Great wall of China. It is too tiny.  Not a real mega-project.

I'm sure the check is in the mail. No worries. They will.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile

He changed that to a slightly less bold claim that Mexico will reimburse us for the wall.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm just waiting for the point where they try to blame it on the democrats for not supporting their idiotic proposals that they are fundamentally against and also have the republicans still failing to agree on anything at the same time. it shall be glorious in its train wreckitude.
Pages: 1 ... 349 350 [351] 352 353 ... 3563