Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 348 349 [350] 351 352 ... 3563

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4153414 times)

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hahahahaha. Weed killed unemployement.
In Colorado, the legalisation of weed has provided so many jobs, that unemployment has dropped to a historical low of 2.6%.
It's starting to become a problem for some sectors, which are having trouble filling vacancies. Apparently trimming weed buds if a much preferred occupation for many folks over harvesting crops, or washing dishes in a restaurant.
i see where your going but careful trying to extend that logic out. their is such a thing as limited demand for said product and creating another tobacco lobby is something you don't want to do. its also not something i think should be promoted for mass consumption for a multitude of reasons.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile

Funny that you mention alcohol. Restaurants are not just complaining that their staff is running away to marijuana greenhouses and marijuana candy shops, which pay about double what they can offer, they are also complaining that their profits from selling booze have gone down substantially since weed was legalized 3 years ago.

EDIT: whoops, you only mentioned tobacco, thought you mentioned alcohol as well
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

what happens when the Mexicans steal all your weed jobs? :P

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile

In that case Trump will publicly kill a puppy
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
That's technically an action, not a speech... Well it was only a matter of time before I had to write another scene of utter and horrifying perversion.

King of Candy Island.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In all Fairness isn't ANTIFA what people refer to when they talk about the right to bare arms?

That if the government becomes corrupt that the people could rise up and take the law into their own hands?

:P (sorry I am just drinking in irony... Which is also double irony... maybe triple... because all sides... this is depressing actually...)

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile

MFW

"Accused of rape by at least 20 women"

Oh, amurica left, why so rapey?

Edit: Aw shit, this was supposed to go into the WTF thread, I missed :C
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 07:12:40 pm by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile

In all Fairness isn't ANTIFA what people refer to when they talk about the right to bare arms?

That if the government becomes corrupt that the people could rise up and take the law into their own hands?

:P (sorry I am just drinking in irony... Which is also double irony... maybe triple... because all sides... this is depressing actually...)

I just am worried about that issue due to their tendency to silence anyone that does not agree with them. If you are even a moderate you are a target.
That's technically an action, not a speech... Well it was only a matter of time before I had to write another scene of utter and horrifying perversion.

King of Candy Island.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I just am worried about that issue due to their tendency to silence anyone that does not agree with them. If you are even a moderate you are a target.

Moderates tend to be treated as worse than extremists anyway... isn't there an old saying "Those in the middle of the road tend to be run over"?

wobbly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Are they though? I've always noticed the people complaining the most about being silenced always tend me be some of the loudest in society.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile

ANTIFA is coming in with firearms now...
these kids with their AKs.

anyone actually serious about revolution or even street fighting uses an AR. the ammo supply + spare parts advantage is simply too huge to use anything else.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile

anyone actually serious about revolution or even street fighting uses an AR. the ammo supply + spare parts advantage is simply too huge to use anything else.

You would be surprised about the shear amount of russian made weapons in the U.S.

King of Candy Island.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile

You would be surprised about the shear amount of russian made weapons in the U.S.
No, I wouldn't be. I know there's an insane number of them, but that doesn't change the fact that 5.56 is miles more common than 7.62, and there are a crapload of AR-patterns in the country.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile

This reality is not nearly happy enough to allow us the wonder of a real liberal crime squad, merely glimpses of what could be. When hippies wielding stolen assault rifles start running into battle with the police shouting "We Need A Slogan!", maybe the time will have come.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now
Pages: 1 ... 348 349 [350] 351 352 ... 3563