Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 347 348 [349] 350 351 ... 3563

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4154776 times)

Azzuro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And whether China as a state has existed continuously throughout history or not, that's a resounding no in my view, and I'm not offended if people claim otherwise. I just find it funny that the long arm of CCP media efforts have reached all the way to here.

Yes... Curse my brainwashed mind for knowing something about Chinese History and not just imagining it was a desolate wasteland like Azzuro[citation needed].

Ok, I still don't understand you. Where did I say China was a desolate wasteland? I've been there a couple of times, and can 100% confirm some parts of it are not.

P.S.
I'd like to see how you explain "China was technically still China when it owned Korea" and "a supposition that it was a forever kingdom...something I will never support" together, please.

United Forenia Forever!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok, I still don't understand you. Where did I say China was a desolate wasteland? I've been there a couple of times, and can 100% confirm some parts of it are not.

180 degrees folks! Well 80 degrees. Since still says a tiny minority of it isn't wasteland.

"China was technically still China when it owned Korea"

Well... ignoring that I was wrong about the tributary system... That would be around the 1700s... and they held a direct political sway over it and were answerable to them (Apparently Ming policed their politics to a certain extent)

Though Korea being Korea is... arguable (and usually it is more that it was "South Korea") and had an entirely different name and had an entirely different capital.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 12:59:06 pm by Neonivek »

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile

Paris is occupied North Korean land
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Paris is occupied North Korean land

I think at a certain point you have to kind of let it go.

Though yeah, things get complicated especially with how we teach and remember history. What with the Grand Narrative and all that.

(Grand Narrative history is the teaching/telling of history as if it was always going to happen. It has... problematic aspects... and yes the USA, and Canada, both teach Grand Narrative History)

---

JIC Azzuro I am not being serious about you thinking China is all wasteland. I am showing how it feels like to have a weird viewpoint thrust upon you...
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 01:04:29 pm by Neonivek »

Azzuro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

180 degrees folks! Well 80 degrees. Since still says a tiny minority of it isn't wasteland.

Alright folks, I'm done, got my quote for posterity. Sorry for shitting up your AmeriPol thread with a pointless argument, please continue legitimate discussion.

Ok more to the point, do you guys think Xi said that just to make Trump look stupid(er) when it inevitably came out, or because he was setting up the pieces for a Putin-Crimea MoveTM?

United Forenia Forever!

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alright folks, I'm done, got my quote for posterity. Sorry for shitting up your AmeriPol thread with a pointless argument, please continue legitimate discussion.

Ok more to the point, do you guys think Xi said that just to make Trump look stupid(er) when it inevitably came out, or because he was setting up the pieces for a Putin-Crimea MoveTM?

I figure it went something like this:

Trump: You know, KJU is getting kinda uppity.
Xi: Yes, I agree.
Trump: US might have to do something about it.
Xi: We agree something has to be done, but they are China's responsibility.
Trump: What do you mean?
Xi: Korea belongs to China traditionally.
Trump: I've never heard that.
Xi: *Goes into Party Approved History Lesson to Trump, of which very little actually sticks and Trump just leaves with...*

Trump to Reporters: Korea belongs to China!

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So no the argument doesn't stand up to a cursory google

Well less argument. But that is interesting.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/argument

3. a process of reasoning; series of reasons:
I couldn't follow his argument.

4. a statement, reason, or fact for or against a point:
This is a strong argument in favor of her theory.

5. an address or composition intended to convince or persuade; persuasive discourse.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 01:32:30 pm by Reelya »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So no the argument doesn't stand up to a cursory google

Well less argument. But that is interesting.

I didn't mean argument in the sense of conflict, but argument in the sense of point -> conclusion, i.e. as in a debate argument.

X is true because Y, is called an argument.

I forgot I actually supported my supposition.

Anyhow I heard on the news that Trump apparently was the cause of a lot of strikes because Scientists and people in general are pissed at him for pissing on science or something.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

An unsupported supposition is still an argument. You only need point -> conclusion, and you had that.

"The moon is made of green cheese, because I said it is". Is still and argument.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 01:41:49 pm by Reelya »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

An unsupported supposition is still an argument. You only need point -> conclusion, and you had that.

"The moon is made of green cheese, because I said it is". Is still and argument.

Well... that is because you said "because I said it is".

"The moon is made of green cheese" is... a statement.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

But you did have the "because" clause, dude. You said it was part of China because it was a tributary of China. Standard "argument" form, you have the conclusion and the premise.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

But you did have the "because" clause, dude. You said it was part of China because it was a tributary of China. Standard "argument" form, you have the conclusion and the premise.

Yes I did :P hence why I said I forgot I did it :P

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I thought you were being sarcastic when you said you 'forgot'.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Can we just s/AmeriPol/AsiaHist/ in the title, please..?  ;)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile

Hahahahaha. Weed killed unemployement.
In Colorado, the legalisation of weed has provided so many jobs, that unemployment has dropped to a historical low of 2.6%.
It's starting to become a problem for some sectors, which are having trouble filling vacancies. Apparently trimming weed buds if a much preferred occupation for many folks over harvesting crops, or washing dishes in a restaurant.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479
Pages: 1 ... 347 348 [349] 350 351 ... 3563