Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 334 335 [336] 337 338 ... 3569

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4245165 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

Aye.

We've mostly been Trumpwatching.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

We've only been Trumpwatching. With one brief detour to Pepsi

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

Further proof that Pepsi is the only thing that will unite us more than Trump will divide us.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

I prefer tea...
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile

Then be damned! Go, fetch the Ritual Chuggers, this soul must damned for turning their back on the True Soda!

I prefer tea...
Enjoy the refreshing taste of new PepsiTeaTM. Available in regular or diet flavors! Coming soon to locations near you.

The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

Apparently last year, the senate made today National Lineman Appreciation day.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile

Wait, Linemen as in football? (american football not those unfortunate enough to not live in best country evarr)

Now I know I hear a lot about those guys taking horrible injuries and literally beating themselves stupid due to brain trauma but.... isn't there better things to dedicate a national day to?
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

Wait, Linemen as in football? (american football not those unfortunate enough to not live in best country evarr)

Now I know I hear a lot about those guys taking horrible injuries and literally beating themselves stupid due to brain trauma but.... isn't there better things to dedicate a national day to?

Not that kind of lineman.  This kind of lineman.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

Then be damned! Go, fetch the Ritual Chuggers, this soul must damned for turning their back on the True Soda!

I prefer tea...
Enjoy the refreshing taste of new PepsiTeaTM. Available in regular or diet flavors! Coming soon to locations near you.
If your tea comes in diet flavors, something is horribly wrong.
Sigtext

Pwnzerfaust

• Bay Watcher
  • It's evolution, baby!
    • View Profile

No right-winger here, but it's pretty amusing to watch the "Punch a Nazi (which is anyone to the right of Trotsky)" antifa getting wrecked at their own game.
Give an elf a fire and he's warm for a night. Drop an elf in magma and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Tbh I suppose it is nice to appreciate linesmen and all they do to ensure our world's communication lines are functioning

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wow... I had no idea Hilary Clinton was going to create a one world government... Thank goodness Donald Trump saved us

https://www.lifesitenews.com/blogs/the-main-reason-for-the-hate-against-donald-trump

Believe it or not I was actually trying to research if there was a non-biblical reason why a one world government is a bad thing (even if properly implemented). Since... I always thought that is kind of the final stage of lasting world peace.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile

I'm sure the reason people object to it varies a lot, but from personal experience in the southeast US, I can say that religion is a big part of it for many.  Although, those people will find anything to point at as the signs of the times, and I'll refrain from retreading that ground yet again.

Otherwise, I'm assuming it's like the whole States' Rights thing that people parrot about in the US, where having big government is just bad, and world government is just the worst possible natural conclusion to more government.  I'm not sure why that is exactly.  I can't actually think of very many examples of things that are legitimately a matter that each individual state should do differently.

More seriously, it's probably more akin to the situation with Brexit.  People take the notion of national sovereignty seriously for various reasons, and are afraid to give up control to any outside agency that they think might make them do something they wouldn't want to.

I think it's all arbitrary anyway and that we really should be pushing for a world government, but I can't see that happening even in the distant future.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Mostly because any approach to it would be the typical hamhanded greedy shitfest that is situation normal. Look at the national-level politics of all the nations of Earth. Now look at how they interact on the international stage. Try to tell me that a world government can work like that.

It's what radicals on the left have never understood. You don't seize power and force change down people's throats, you work to change society in ways which will lead to the (re)formation of the high-level institutions you desire. You'll never get a world government that's anything other than a powerless symbol or an authoritarian plutocracy when you can't even effectively reconcile divisions within single nations, no matter how hard you hammer that NWO-shaped peg into the shattered-mosaic shaped hole.

If people can't get along well enough for decently cordial international relations, you're a great many steps short of world government being a realistic goal.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 10:00:30 pm by Flying Dice »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Kind of like how when the UK started to do Brexit... They realized... they had no real reason to do Brexit... but are going to do it anyway.

It was, in the end, an objection to the idea of Brexit more than the policies and government of it... (Which yes, they complained about... But don't... actually want to change it)

Brexit is WEIRD!!!

Basically imagine if the South left America due to the abolishment of Slavery... and in the process of writing the documents to leave... abolished slavery anyway... and you get the general area of Brexit.

I think it amounts to not wanted to be told what to do as well as the knowledge that they couldn't back out of policies.

If people can't get along well enough for decently cordial international relations, you're a great many steps short of world government being a realistic goal.

Yeah I can understand it NOW being a bad idea... but why is it a sort of end times entity?

Why is it a freeken boogeyman?
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 10:04:36 pm by Neonivek »
Pages: 1 ... 334 335 [336] 337 338 ... 3569