Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 328 329 [330] 331 332 ... 3569

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4244604 times)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile

https://www.whitehouse.gov/reorganizing-the-executive-branch

Interesting development.  Has the white house ever asked for public opinion on this kind of thing before?  If I'm understanding this correctly this is a survey by the white house asking us which departments and such to reform or remove.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Interesting development.  Has the white house ever asked for public opinion on this kind of thing before?  If I'm understanding this correctly this is a survey by the white house asking us which departments and such to reform or remove.
I'm going to guess the #1 suggestion is going to be get rid of Trump.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I actually did see the white house in the list.  Though it's probably a quick way to get your answers thrown out.

Yep, under 'other agencies boards and commissions' 'The Executive office of the president: The White House'.  Probably even if they took any answers saying to eliminate that seriously it probably wouldn't be read as get rid of the president.  More probably turning the white house into a historical monument and having the prez live elsewhere.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 01:53:59 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

Welp. The executive branch is now attempting to crowdsource its organizational duties. Think about that for a second. A year of campaigning on organizational reform, among other things. Three months in office, with significant access to resources and, if they had stopped trying to navigate with their head shoved up their own defecation pipe, some of the relatively few actual experts in managing a continent wide organization. And it comes to this. Empty words, no explicit direction or even suggestion of intended methodology, and a call to the american people, "We want you to save our asses do our work for us know what you think!" 2017 still truckin'.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Here's an idea.  For defensive purposes we could always transition the white house to be a mobile location. A semi and trailer from the outside but on the inside it's actually a compact mobile base of operations for the executive branch.  Sleeping in the sleeper cab of a semi truck for 4 years oughta put a dampener on the whole idea of WANTING to be the president.  When it becomes public what semi truck is the mobile ops center they just drive to the nearest airport and take air force one to another truck somewhere else in the country that was just shut down waiting to be used.

I mean trump's already gone on vacation to his personal resort, (supposedly from an unverifiable source) 6 times since coming into office?  He's already pretty mobile, why pay a power bill for the white house all the time when he's not even there?  Downside is the prez is only allowed to leave the truck for airport transitions and international visits.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 02:35:48 pm by Greiger »

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Note that the question is basically "what shall we get rid of?", with a side order of "what should we fiddle with?", and no opportunity for people to say "Hands off the Department Of Foo! It's doing its job!" to balance against the inevitable calls to cull or castrate the DoF that someone will suggest...  (Yeah, even the DoD or Treasury or Homeland Security.) Thus there'll be stats to back up "95% of correspondents thought that DoF should be downsized, 5% thought it should be abolished", or something equally falacious, for any troublesome Dept they want (while ignoring for those they don't want to mess with).

Weasel survey, utterly biased towards detractors and complaints.  Bad survey. Bigly badly!

(Also https://www.whitehouse.gov/obamacare-share-your-story is blatantly the same. Haven't bothered checking the other links.)

ETA:
« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 03:35:45 pm by Starver »

Ricky

• Bay Watcher
  • Ancient Wizard Dance.
    • View Profile

I've have half a mind to ctrl+a the whole elimination list for shits and giggles
Ah, I wish I had been lucky enough to be scum.
I'd make such great scum...

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'd honestly be more happy that a President is actually asking the people what they want...

But the problem is that I HIGHLY SUPER DOUBT he is doing this in order to actually get our opinions, wants, and desires...

And more because he is going to use this as an excuse

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've have half a mind to ctrl+a the whole elimination list for shits and giggles
<groucho>If you have half a mind, you're overqualified...</groucho>

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile

About that survey at https://www.whitehouse.gov/reorganizing-the-executive-branch

I don't understand what the problem is with this survey. It's completely nonspecific. There's no option to say don't mess with anything because the decision has already been made to make changes. That part is past.

Like I totes understand that one might feel that we shouldn't mess with a thing, but you could absolutely put that into the blank, nonspecific field. Click "Dept. of Agriculture" or whatever, put in "don't change anything, I like it", and hit submit. I feel like there are few if any parts of the government that need absolutely no change.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Because it is a quite clear and transparent attempt to fish or sift for support... typically to justify anything they do.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile

Trump will take a double barrel shotgun, a chainsaw, and three bottles of vodka to the government regardless of what I think anyways.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't understand what the problem is with this survey. It's completely nonspecific. There's no option to say don't mess with anything because the decision has already been made to make changes. That part is past.
Table-flipping! Change everything!

What you might want to do is find the biggest, most consistent majority bone of contention and if it's not a knee-jerk reaction to something non-existent ("Hey, you know that Agriculture doesn't let us spray radium on crops, so that we can harvest them in the dark... " "That's just Government Overreach...  Let's demand thatvthey remove all of Agriculture's powers!") then work out how to get the contentions resolved without make bg things worse.

Not "tell us any minor griefs or oppositions based upon misconceptions, and we'll go and ruin it for those who know why the Department Of Commerce has overwatch of the Census Bureau", or whatever it happens to be, who may in turn have issues with Energy that none of the legitimate defenders get a voice in, over the random shouting from beyond the relevent fields...

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile

About that survey at https://www.whitehouse.gov/reorganizing-the-executive-branch

Like I totes understand that one might feel that we shouldn't mess with a thing, but you could absolutely put that into the blank, nonspecific field. Click "Dept. of Agriculture" or whatever, put in "don't change anything, I like it", and hit submit. I feel like there are few if any parts of the government that need absolutely no change.
Cause that's not how you do surveys.  You don't presuppose anything about the opinions of the person taking the survey.  It would be like giving a survey where the only question was "How are you killing yourself tomorrow?"  And then going like "100% of Americans are going to commit suicide in a 24 hour period!"

Its so statistics 101 that I can only assume the survey was written by an intern.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

Cause that's not how you do surveys.  You don't presuppose anything about the opinions of the person taking the survey.  It would be like giving a survey where the only question was "How are you killing yourself tomorrow?"  And then going like "100% of Americans are going to commit suicide in a 24 hour period!"

Its so statistics 101 that I can only assume the survey was written by an intern.
The survey was written by someone who wanted to stack the results.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 328 329 [330] 331 332 ... 3569