Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 289 290 [291] 292 293 ... 3567

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4231645 times)

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ugh, there were plenty of Trump supporters who said that Hillary would start a nuclear war over Syria.

Now we have Trump steering the USA into war with a nuclear armed North Korea.

I just knew that idiot would do something like this.
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

Ugh, there were plenty of Trump supporters who said that Hillary would start a nuclear war over Syria.

Well, he's also escalating in Syria.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It was all funny while it was only the USA he was ruining.
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And to think that Russia probably really most wanted an injured and limping President Clinton, and what they got was a "that crazy cousin that you wish didn't turn up at family gatherings" President Trump...

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hilariously, I do not believe that the conflict with NK was ever officially resolved/concluded. It was just bandaged up with a semi-permanent ceasefire, intended to hold the peace until a permanent peaceful accord can be reached. No such such permanent peaceful accord has yet to date been reached with NK, and instead NK has been engaging in ever increasingly hostile displays and nuclear weapons tests.

While shaky, Trump could declare that Glorious Leader's nuclear dildo posturing constitutes an act of aggression, and violates the accord-- paving the way to resumption of open hostilities.

No declaration of war required-- the last war never officially ended.

Correct, it was only an armistice, no peace treaty was ever signed.

And to think that Russia probably really most wanted an injured and limping President Clinton, and what they got was a "that crazy cousin that you wish didn't turn up at family gatherings" President Trump...

You made me think initially of Bill Clinton when he hurt his knee, heh.

Well, he's also escalating in Syria.

The imagined nuclear standoff over Syria was with Clinton in a standoff with the Russians, that hasn't happened yet. Plus, you forget that they're building up and preparing for an attack/siege on Raqqa, this looks like a buildup that would have happened under Obama anyway.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

The imagined nuclear standoff over Syria was with Clinton in a standoff with the Russians, that hasn't happened yet. Plus, you forget that they're building up and preparing for an attack/siege on Raqqa, this looks like a buildup that would have happened under Obama anyway.

He, not so sure about that. Obama was really into letting local allies do the heavy lifting, Trump wanted to speed things up much more.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

He, not so sure about that. Obama was really into letting local allies do the heavy lifting, Trump wanted to speed things up much more.

Either way, it's not the imagined showdown with Russia.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Moved on? (click to show/hide)
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

So it turns out, to the surprise of no one, that trump's promises to divest himself of his businesses while in the position of POTUS were bald faced lies. The conflict of interest pile grows yet more as trump is shown to have pissed yet again on the traditions and dignity of the presidency, ha. Also seems like some of the businesses that are funneling into the trust are receiving payments from federal sources for various services. Apparently trump's corruption wasn't unsubtle enough for his lot, so he's working to make it more bloody obvious :V
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Erm, what?
Quote from: Blackwater founder held secret Seychelles meeting to establish Trump-Putin back channel
The United Arab Emirates arranged a secret meeting in January between Blackwater founder Erik Prince and a Russian close to President Vladi­mir Putin as part of an apparent effort to establish a back-channel line of communication between Moscow and President-elect Donald Trump, according to U.S., European and Arab officials.

The meeting took place around Jan. 11 — nine days before Trump’s inauguration — in the Seychelles islands in the Indian Ocean, officials said. Though the full agenda remains unclear, the UAE agreed to broker the meeting in part to explore whether Russia could be persuaded to curtail its relationship with Iran, including in Syria, a Trump administration objective that would likely require major concessions to Moscow on U.S. sanctions.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

Not surprising. Neither side wants to lose face, but saying he "solved" the Syria problem would be a huge feather in Trump's cap, while not causing Russia to appear like it was backed into a corner and forced to back off of Syria. (Since "Eat Shit America" is a large part of Putin's popularity.)

I'd expect more of this under the table diplomacy in the future.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com

Working on a project to educate people about climate change. Found this, although it isn't useful for me it is useful in general.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29Xv_npmS6E
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Should get moved to another thread. Though not sure what thread.

Erm, what?
Quote from: Blackwater founder held secret Seychelles meeting to establish Trump-Putin back channel
The United Arab Emirates arranged a secret meeting in January between Blackwater founder Erik Prince and a Russian close to President Vladi­mir Putin as part of an apparent effort to establish a back-channel line of communication between Moscow and President-elect Donald Trump, according to U.S., European and Arab officials.

The meeting took place around Jan. 11 — nine days before Trump’s inauguration — in the Seychelles islands in the Indian Ocean, officials said. Though the full agenda remains unclear, the UAE agreed to broker the meeting in part to explore whether Russia could be persuaded to curtail its relationship with Iran, including in Syria, a Trump administration objective that would likely require major concessions to Moscow on U.S. sanctions.

I wonder how common the backchannel stuff actually is? I don't mean that one specifically, but in general, backchannel diplomacy doesn't usually get revealed. I mean like, is it common enough to be considered a normal method of diplomacy? Just seems like it would be a common tool in the diplomacy toolkit, even if it's a generally shady 'under the table' underhanded tool.

Looks like the UAE started it to push their own agenda rather than any sort of Trump-Putin collaboration on the election, plus it was AFTER the election anyway.

editwhiletyping: Wait, Betsy DeVos is his sister? As in the Education Secretary? That's a hell of a conflict of interest.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile

editwhiletyping: Wait, Betsy DeVos is his sister? As in the Education Secretary? That's a hell of a conflict of interest.
Haha, oh wow that nomination was already very blatantly corrupt, but now? Ahaha, what the hell is even GOP.
._.
Pages: 1 ... 289 290 [291] 292 293 ... 3567