Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 272 273 [274] 275 276 ... 3567

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4228818 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

They're still terrible people, but I'm glad they aren't regular party line voting conservative or moderate republicans because lots of folks would be fucked hard right now if any neutered form of the AHCA were able to make it through the Senate and House.
Flip side of that, if the caucus were either of those things, particularly if the situation was such a group like them didn't generate, a neutered form the AHCA quite likely wouldn't even have been on the table to begin with. Hell, if the GOP wasn't in a state that would spawn FC ilk, we might have even been fighting over changing a single payer plan instead of what we are.

... though, mind you, if that was the case it'd be questionable if there was anything being fought over at all. I'd be rather surprised if too many people in this country would still be resisting the change if they experienced it for a good handful of years, ha.

Still, point is more than you're welcome to be glad about it, but I wouldn't bother being thankful to the critters in question. You can be glad two groups of politicians are mutually cockblocking each other without having to be thankful to either of them.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile

Yeah, grateful is probably too far, but definitely glad this shit didn't go through.

Apparently Sanders is going to propose a single-payer plan, and various Dems are talking about trying to sell working with them as a way for Trump to save face/get some shit accomplished.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com

I was happy when Trump canceled TPP, and I reserve the right to be happy if he decides to work with democrats to pass a single-payer approach, but that doesn't mean I have to like him, nor have to expect that he's going to do anything else good.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile

Oh for sure.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Fuck Republicans.

They are a curse upon this Earth and should be shunned from society.

This is captain-planet-villain level performance. "haha ha ha! No longer will I not be able to dump coal waste right next to groundwater! No longer will I be required to mention that I'm bribing people in other countries! No longer will I be prevented from tapping into the lucrative mentally-unstable-gun-buyer market!"

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Fuck Republicans.

This is captain-planet-villain level performance. "haha ha ha! No longer will I not be able to dump coal waste right next to groundwater! No longer will I be required to mention that I'm bribing people in other countries! No longer will I be prevented from tapping into the lucrative mentally-unstable-gun-buyer market!"
but regulations equal evil bad government and should be destroyed! The free market will fix everything if it wasn't interfered with by evil bad nanny state! /s

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Fuck Republicans.

Could be worse, they could repeal EVERY regulation (or at least the ones that they don't like, which might be almost all) that Obama did if you let them.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile

No longer will I be prevented from tapping into the lucrative mentally-unstable-gun-buyer market!"

It is still illegal to own a gun if you have a dangerous mental condition. That has not changed. All that the regulation in question did is require Social Security Administration to report any beneficiary who is receiving aid for a mental condition, even if it is a relatively harmless on that would not normally disqualify you for gun ownership. Which is fine, of course, as it isn't like we have a lot of people already refusing to seek aid due to a massive social stigma against mental illness or anything, and it certainly isn't as if we have any expectations of privacy over our medical record.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

While it's an annoying step back in some cases, it's important to remember these are all things that were done only in the last couple of months of Obama's term. In many of the cases it doesn't amount to much either way. The Internet privacy thing and the coal mining next to rivers are the two that stick out to me the most, but again, this is just reverting things back to the way they were less than a year ago, rather than some slip back into the dark ages.

...not that that won't come later.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile

Fuck Republicans.
Love you too.

He only means the bad ones in Congress, not ALL republicans. ;)
Oh, that's okay then. I really hate politicians, almost as much as I hate other politicians.

It's funny, these people keep getting re-elected even though nobody likes them. I don't really get it.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile

Probably because of those damn democrats, with their dastardly emails and such.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

I'm... actually pretty sure pttg extends that sentiment a fair bit beyond just the politicians. Wee bit of animus towards the folks that put said politicians in office, too. Conceptually the ire probably doesn't extend to those members of the GOP that actually run counter to how the party does on most subjects or the folks that support those particular non-lockstep members of the party, but... there kinda' aren't many of those. And the rest of them are doing stuff like giving mining companies the go ahead to poison the water table.

Probably going to be something we see more going into the future, really. GOP's been dead set on a lot of policy that kills and/or economically devastates quite a few people (among all sorts of other nasty shit) for a while now, and there definitely seems to be a growing thread that's getting as tired of the people enabling it as they are of the people enacting it. Stuff's becoming both harder to ignore and easier to notice, which isn't exactly something that moderates sentiment towards the folks putting political support behind it. E: Ah, and it seems like it's been getting increasingly obvious the whole "don't treat them like enemies" thing doesn't exactly work. Can understand that, honestly. Telling folks not to be hostile so minds don't close off and whatnot only works so well when not doing that hasn't produced much in the way of results over the last decade or so, either. Some (more) of the more frustrated individuals are starting to wonder if being less passive or whatev' might have better luck.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 11:00:48 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't include republican voters in that sentiment. I've often contrasted Republicans from republicans. I am certainly frustrated with voters who vote against their own best interests and those of their country, but I am at least humble enough to recognize that if they had the advantages I have had, they wouldn't vote the way they do.

I save my ire for the representatives who manipulate the voting populous into a scared, ignorant, and hateful mass in order to attain illegitimate power, and for the fairly small number of people who gleefully support those representatives while knowing full well the consequences.
Pages: 1 ... 272 273 [274] 275 276 ... 3567