Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 240 241 [242] 243 244 ... 3567

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4235435 times)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread: Russia scandal evolution edition
« Reply #3615 on: March 17, 2017, 01:29:58 pm »

Hillary Clinton is a normal politician and the email server was a bullshit story.  Its ridiculous that liberals continue to stomach that story but, for example, Obama's pay-to-play is just "everyone does that".  The previous secretaries of state did the exact same thing with their emails she did.  And its just kind of amazing to watch people I know who read wikileaks, were happy about the democratic leaks, and who criticized Obama for his response to Snowden then turn around and get pissed about Hillary's emails.  Like wow, didn't know you cared so much about our nations' secrets getting out.  Didn't realize that what American voters REALLY care about is the finer points of internal email policy.

Don't get me wrong, I think she's scummy, but she's typically scummy and extremely qualified.  If she hadn't run against Bernie Sanders I would have had few qualms voting for her.  She did run against Bernie and I do dislike her, but I don't pretend that's anything more than it is.  What happened with the Bengazi and email server stories was very typical in every way but one.  I'm not surprised that Republicans got their own base, the base that bought Obama was a muslim, to drink their kool aid.  But somehow, when they're going after Hillary and no other time, they can make moderates and the democratic base drink the Fox News kool aid.

Edit: Seriously, this just boggles my mind.  If CCN ran a story like "white house email system uses obsolete password encryption" the world would have shrugged.  But that's what this is, it wasn't even a procedure Hillary invented, she was handling emails mostly the way her predecessor did.  Fox news was constantly implying that she had the private email server so she could delete evidence in the event of a trial, but here's the thing.  That's not what the trial was about, the trial was about her potentially compromising information and the final verdict (from the FBI director that cost her the election on purpose, mind you) was that she was "extremely careless."  Which reflects badly on her, but like... seriously?  Any other day of the week, you couldn't make American voters care about this if you tried.  Our politicians get away with so many blatantly bad things, why is this one bureaucratic procedure the line in the sand?  And then answer is, I don't have an answer.  Hell, Bernie Sanders himself said he doesn't care about Hillary's "damn emails".
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 01:47:17 pm by EnigmaticHat »
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3616 on: March 17, 2017, 01:34:00 pm »

Check out the Washington Post article cited by the White House as supporting the budget. (Archive.org link in case the citation goes away once they read past the headline.)

The article itself;
Quote from: Trump’s budget makes perfect sense and will fix America, and I will tell you why
This budget will make America a lean, mean fighting machine with bulging, rippling muscles and not an ounce of fat. America has been weak and soft for too long. BUT HOW WILL I SURVIVE ON THIS BUDGET? you may be wondering. I AM A HUMAN CHILD, NOT A COSTLY FIGHTER JET. You may not survive, but that is because you are SOFT and WEAK, something this budget is designed to eliminate.
Agriculture Department: NO MORE OF THIS NAMBY-PAMBY “GATHERING” NONSENSE. We will be HUNTERS again. This is also why we are cutting the Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children: Let them FIGHT for their meat or have NONE.
Labor Department: There will be no LABOR in the future. Labor is what women do, I think. All fetuses will burst out of wombs brandishing an Uzi on each arm. (Also, we will cut the funding to the people who would have explained that this is not how birth or labor works.)
All schoolchildren will be taught by an F-35 wearing a Make America Great Again hat. They will also have new school choice options including the choice not to afford any school at all, because at school you are taught things like grammar and pronouns and spelling and history, and these are all potentially inimical to the future we are trying to build. We will also be cutting Meals on Wheels programs to feed children, because they are not improving performance as we would like. Feed children just to feed them? What are we, SOFT? No. No we are not.

AMERICA WILL BE STRONGER THAN IT HAS EVER BEEN! Anyone who survives will be a gun covered in the fur of a rare mammal, capable of fighting disease with a single muscular flex. RAW POWER! HARD RAW POWER GRRRRRR HISSS POW!

Again, cited by the Whitehouse as supporting the budget.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3617 on: March 17, 2017, 01:55:08 pm »

Wow. Even White House interns only ever read the headline.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

neo1096

• Bay Watcher
  • It watches and waits...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3618 on: March 17, 2017, 03:31:56 pm »

It says so much that we now expect the interns to be more competent than the actual administration members.
What again? Iron scepter - Lovehealing? Oh, I almost shed a tear... Put it in your ass, I'm talking about importans artistic defences!!! You see, yaks and bridge... Stop polishing that scepter! You're disgusting me!"

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #3619 on: March 17, 2017, 04:02:12 pm »

I suspect it was intentional.

(Let's see if we can get Trump to go all Stalin on his staff. It'll slow him down from attacking us.)
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3620 on: March 17, 2017, 04:11:44 pm »

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/17/world/europe/trump-britain-obama-wiretap-gchq.html?mtrref=www.nytimes.com&mtrref=www.nytimes.com&mtrref=www.nytimes.com&mtrref=www.nytimes.com&mtrref=www.nytimes.com&mtrref=www.nytimes.com&gwh=DE8B09568F93CA42B65D72484A25E546&gwt=pay&_r=0

Britain's furious after Trump blames them for wiretapping him. seriously what the F.

also given the day it is i would like to remind everyone of the Irish.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/17/opinion/even-on-their-special-day-irish-immigrants-in-america-have-reason-to-fear.html?_r=0
seriously people need to learn from history. as long as you think of people as others not deserving of the same rights as others for some bullshit reason you heard from some inflammatory politician or news article your doing nothing but causing needless suffering. i dare trump to go out right now on this day and say the same shit about undocumented Irish as he has about others. it is the same situation. why not?

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3621 on: March 17, 2017, 04:26:20 pm »

Britain's furious after Trump blames them for wiretapping him. seriously what the F.
This is Trump, the saviour of the de-Europeanised Britain?

Way to mix your messages.  It seems every friend he's 'made', he then attacks.  Hardball businessman as he is...

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #3622 on: March 17, 2017, 04:34:32 pm »

Bouncyball businessman as he is...

FTFY
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3624 on: March 17, 2017, 06:07:39 pm »

Got a reminder at work today not keep any sensitive information on peoples phones or laptops because US Border Agents are requesting passwords for devices.   :P

Edit:  They are also letting us borrow wiped-phones/clean laptops if you need to travel to the US.
This is incredibly nuts and I hate that Trump and CBP can possibly get away with it.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3625 on: March 17, 2017, 07:34:42 pm »

Got a reminder at work today not keep any sensitive information on peoples phones or laptops because US Border Agents are requesting passwords for devices.   :P

Edit:  They are also letting us borrow wiped-phones/clean laptops if you need to travel to the US.

Sounds like a massive invasion of privacy, seriously.

I can also see this hitting tourism.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3626 on: March 17, 2017, 07:50:48 pm »

There's no right to privacy on the border, or more precisely, it's at an absolute minimum.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Border_search_exception
Even the avatars expire eventually.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #3627 on: March 17, 2017, 07:55:25 pm »

I suspect it was intentional.

(Let's see if we can get Trump to go all Stalin on his staff. It'll slow him down from attacking us.)
If that's all you were waiting for, I have good (?) news.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3628 on: March 17, 2017, 07:57:15 pm »

There's no right to privacy on the border, or more precisely, it's at an absolute minimum.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Border_search_exception

The password thing is new though I believe.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3629 on: March 17, 2017, 08:06:38 pm »

Passwords as a "thing that doesn't count for 4th protection" was established awhile ago, on the basis that the government isn't actually seizing the password, they're seizing things incidental to the password.
Even the avatars expire eventually.
Pages: 1 ... 240 241 [242] 243 244 ... 3567