Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 200 201 [202] 203 204 ... 3569

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4244809 times)

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread: Russia scandal evolution edition
« Reply #3015 on: March 03, 2017, 02:45:31 am »

Trump says Sessions is the subject of a witch Hunt and that he is an honest man, but could have worded his answer to the question about if he had contact with the Russians better.

Yes, I guess "YES" would have been much better wording than "NO".
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3016 on: March 03, 2017, 09:22:56 am »

This is getting savage: Jeff Sessions 'used campaign funds' for trip to event where he met Russian ambassador

So much for his flimsy "I was totally not acting as a Trump surrogate at the time, honest" defence. Someone is really on point with those leaks. Deep state is doing what it was meant to do, I guess.
._.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3017 on: March 03, 2017, 09:31:25 am »

This is getting savage: Jeff Sessions 'used campaign funds' for trip to event where he met Russian ambassador

So much for his flimsy "I was totally not acting as a Trump surrogate at the time, honest" defence. Someone is really on point with those leaks. Deep state is doing what it was meant to do, I guess.

To clarify a bit, it was his own re-election campaign funds, not Trumps, so, he could be accused of improper use of campaign funds too. I don't know if it's neccesarily the 'Deep State' that's at play here, but the leaks are definetly coming from somewhere.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #3018 on: March 03, 2017, 10:37:12 am »

I'd expect disgruntlement more than deep state given much of the reports we've been seeing about working conditions et al. There's reasons you treat the staff well, heh. Piss on the minions when the minions can piss back and you can expect some suddenly inclement weather :V
« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 11:06:14 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3019 on: March 03, 2017, 12:06:47 pm »

Also, wasn't "the event" where he met the ambassador the Republican National Convention? Sounds fair use of campaign funds.

I'll say it was stupid of him to lie or even forget. I don't like him and want him gone, but come on. Stop with the crappy clickbait accusations.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3020 on: March 03, 2017, 12:09:34 pm »

Obviously we need to continue the coast of Texas down around the Yucatan and far enough back up along the pacific side until we can finally tell Alaska to take all their scenic mountains and majestic wildlife and go cry in a corner over being the second largest state, I guess Cali/AZ/NM can split the leftovers.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3021 on: March 03, 2017, 12:23:37 pm »

Also, wasn't "the event" where he met the ambassador the Republican National Convention? Sounds fair use of campaign funds.

I'll say it was stupid of him to lie or even forget. I don't like him and want him gone, but come on. Stop with the crappy clickbait accusations.
I mean yeah but he also met the ambassador in private in Sessions' own office a couple months later, in September.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3022 on: March 03, 2017, 12:38:36 pm »

I mean yeah but he also met the ambassador in private in Sessions' own office a couple months later, in September.

I'm not addressing that right now, nor am I suggesting that anything about this absolves Sessions of an investigation at the very least.

My argument was specifically against this:

It does the argument no help at all when you introduce such stupid and easily refuted reasoning. All it does is add noise to the already noisy atmosphere and allows other stuff to be ignored or slip by relatively unnoticed.

The Independent there should be ashamed of itself for printing such a thing with such a title. The article basically explains WHY campaign funds were used WITHIN ITSELF. And yet it still titles it as if this is some big scoop. As if this is the thing that's going to throw sessions in jail and to top it off it doesn't add ANYTHING we don't already know. We know he met the ambassador. We know he went to the RNC, we know politicians routinely use campaign funds to GO to the RNC. Nothing here is news. It's just clickbait and the worst kind since it provides ammo for Sessions' defenders to say "Oh, all those articles are nothing but fluff and no substance. They're just biased and looking for clicks." So that people will begin to ignore ALL of the news on the same tangent.

Side question: Is there a FTFE thread already made?
« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 12:49:16 pm by sluissa »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3023 on: March 03, 2017, 12:42:33 pm »

The Independent got bought out in 2016 by a company that changed their model from 'impartial high-quality news' to model after buzzfeed 'high volume internet traffic'. The decline in quality was noticeable :[

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3024 on: March 03, 2017, 05:14:16 pm »

Clickbait is what essentially sinked Hillary Clinton (EMAILS BENGHAZI), I don't see anything wrong with turning that strategy back at the Republicans.

Former Trump adviser Carter Page also met with Russian envoy. Who hasn't met with Russian officials in Trump's campaign?

Oh, and also: Another Trump adviser has significantly changed his story about the GOP's dramatic shift on Ukraine.

EDIT: To clarify myself: I don't think it's a good thing to spread false information around. However, it has proven to be an effective strategy somewhat, and getting the news out fast, even if at a cost of some small percentage of those be false, should be very effective against Trump, while not compromising the core values all too much.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 05:30:43 pm by Sergarr »
._.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3025 on: March 03, 2017, 05:49:47 pm »

If all these Russian meetings were just normal preparations someone makes for leadership, then the natural response would be to point to Clinton campaign officials and say "see, they also met with Russian ambassadors" etc. That would be the expect tactic. The fact that they're not trying to do that is pretty damning in itself.

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3026 on: March 03, 2017, 05:55:51 pm »

If all these Russian meetings were just normal preparations someone makes for leadership, then the natural response would be to point to Clinton campaign officials and say "see, they also met with Russian ambassadors" etc. That would be the expect tactic. The fact that they're not trying to do that is pretty damning in itself.

They are however pointing at random Democrats and demanding that they be investigated instead. So far Schumer and Pelosi. Check Trumps twitter.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #3027 on: March 03, 2017, 06:17:24 pm »

Well Sergarr, I don't think you are going to do much converting here if that's your scheme. With a low-energy thread like this, the efficiency of spamming it is pretty darn low. It's useful to keep the thread abreast of the latest happenings, but when I look at some of your recent postings, I don't think you're helping. Signal-to-noise ratio man, signal-to-noise.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3028 on: March 03, 2017, 06:21:49 pm »

Wait, who said anything about converting? It's all about mobilization and raids these days, you know!
._.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3029 on: March 03, 2017, 06:42:43 pm »

Somebody get Sergarr a rifle. It'll make for a great headline.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.
Pages: 1 ... 200 201 [202] 203 204 ... 3569