Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 192 193 [194] 195 196 ... 3569

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4245611 times)

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread: Trump Immigration Boogaloo edition
« Reply #2895 on: February 28, 2017, 09:26:08 pm »

whats the mystery is how company's convinced people that its actually the green movement and environmental company's that falsify data and manipulate scientists for their gain and not the massive, rich and corrupt as hell fossil fuel and big industry company's. truly masterful manipulation.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #2896 on: February 28, 2017, 09:28:38 pm »

State of the Union address is...significantly less Trumpy than I'd expected. (Real sentences!)

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2897 on: February 28, 2017, 09:36:09 pm »

Hi FearfulJesuit, haven't seen ya around.

Anyway, yeah, it's a prepared and scripted speech compared to his usual freewheeling style.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2898 on: February 28, 2017, 09:38:57 pm »

It's not too surprising, he did similar during the victory speech. Trump seems to only want to go off script for the non-famous speeches.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #2899 on: February 28, 2017, 09:51:37 pm »

A Nation of Miracles

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #2900 on: February 28, 2017, 09:54:49 pm »

State of the Union address is...significantly less Trumpy than I'd expected. (Real sentences!)

He seems to be getting to the part where he constructs a narrative of immigrant crime.

EDIT: Earlier, I'm pretty sure he promised to give everyone a pony. [Sarcasm.]

Increased spending on the military, infrastructure, decreased taxes on everyone, and balancing the budget? Wow! Amazing! [Exclamations sarcastic.]
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 09:58:30 pm by PTTG?? »
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2901 on: February 28, 2017, 09:56:27 pm »

So what we've learned from this is that PTTG?? should become a salesman (or maybe a politician), because clearly, he can say nonsense and still convince people he believes what he's saying. It's a useful skill, you know.
PTTG?? for president 2020!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2902 on: February 28, 2017, 10:05:47 pm »

He seems to be getting to the part where he constructs a narrative of immigrant crime.

EDIT: Earlier, I'm pretty sure he promised to give everyone a pony. [Sarcasm.]

Increased spending on the military, infrastructure, decreased taxes on everyone, and balancing the budget? Wow! Amazing! [Exclamations sarcastic.]

I got the sarcasm that time without the sarcasm tags. ;)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2903 on: February 28, 2017, 10:24:57 pm »

The first quarter or so of Democratic response sounds like a commercial for the guy's election than any sort of rebuttal, pfft.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 10:48:44 pm by smjjames »

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2904 on: March 01, 2017, 01:23:08 am »

The first quarter or so of Democratic response sounds like a commercial for the guy's election than any sort of rebuttal, pfft.

Democrats, unfortunately, seem to be falling apart where they aren't just slipping into their same old patterns that lost them this election. Keep that kind of meh opposition up and they'll hand Pence the election in 2020.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #2905 on: March 01, 2017, 02:21:00 am »

I doubt Pence is going to run on his own.  He's associated with Trump but he lacks Trump's immunity to criticism.  It'll be Trump or someone unrelated IMO.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2906 on: March 01, 2017, 09:08:51 am »

I doubt Pence is going to run on his own.  He's associated with Trump but he lacks Trump's immunity to criticism.  It'll be Trump or someone unrelated IMO.

I'm still going on the assumption that Trump won't make it through this term. Pence will take over and have significant time to gain experience and establish a solid base so he'll run in 2020 as a fairly solid incumbent.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2907 on: March 01, 2017, 10:35:12 am »

I'm still going on the assumption that Trump won't make it through this term. Pence will take over and have significant time to gain experience and establish a solid base so he'll run in 2020 as a fairly solid incumbent.

I find your lack of faith disturbing.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2908 on: March 01, 2017, 11:06:06 am »

I will be genuinely and thoroughly surprised if Trump is removed from office before his two terms are up.  He might as well be powered by magic as far as criticism and scandals go, and if nobody assassinated Obama they're not going to assassinate him.

Speaking of which, I'm a touch surprised nobody did assassinate Obama, or really even come close to it as far as I know.

And speaking of that, I don't know if it's just the current political climate, but I genuinely felt uneasy typing the words "assassinate" "Obama" and "Trump" in the same paragraph.  It's like I expect to get put on some list for doing it now regardless of the context.  Considering this website doesn't use HTTPS, it would be pretty trivial to monitor it too.

Kind of like the time I was doing research for a writing project where I was researching how someone could plausibly make explosives at home.  When I was a kid I wasn't afraid to type anything on the internet, but now it kind of actually gives me pause.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #2909 on: March 01, 2017, 11:15:38 am »

It's pretty doubtful he's going to get reelected, really. Not unless some serious shit changes and he pulls some physical impossibilities out of his ass. He already lost the public election, and that was with all the bullshit the fourth estate was pulling to his benefit. Four years of him to continuing to make an enemy of 'em, on top of failed promise on top of failed promise on top of the lack of the economic miracles he promised to pull out of his ass, when even large chunks of the folks that voted for him have already been expressing significantly poor impressions of his character and competence, and him going out of his way to piss off pretty much every politician (i.e. the boys from home included) he can on the side, and you're not looking at a two term president.

And that's all assuming he survives the four years. Never mind someone killing him, the guy's old and to all appearances at least somewhat rather literally insane. Not the worst situation a POTUS has seen, but it's up there.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 192 193 [194] 195 196 ... 3569