Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 3569

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4249390 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread: Trump Immigration Boogaloo edition
« Reply #2745 on: February 26, 2017, 09:02:29 pm »

He's actually chilled out on China since he decided to keep the 'One China' policy, the trademark thing was shortly afterwards. I don't think he's made any public statements on China or on twitter, but the only mention I know of is in a Reuters interview a number of days ago that he didn't like what the Chinese and NK were doing militarily.

The whole debacle with NK doing that brazen assassination is an opportunity to work with China and get them to cooperate over NK, and Trump knows that. So, that's actually a legit reason to be quiet on bashing China.

Trump has already nixed the informal talks with NK that were supposed to start later this week.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2746 on: February 26, 2017, 09:07:59 pm »

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/24/world/asia/kansas-attack-possible-hate-crime-srinivas-kuchibhotla.html?mabReward=A7&recp=1
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/26/world/asia/after-shootings-indians-are-wary-of-move-to-us-in-age-of-trump.html?mtrref=www.nytimes.com&mtrref=www.nytimes.com&gwh=A7949A748300C24C2F01C9421E88B6DC&gwt=pay&_r=0

this kind of shit is going to have severe repercussions for the united states. xenophobia and the stuff about the power mad border control is tanking both tourism,  students and skilled workers. when people hear USA they think of racists and hate now.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2747 on: February 26, 2017, 09:12:19 pm »

They can always go to Europe instead. Europe is a far more highly cultured place, anyway, so they would only gain from that.
._.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2748 on: February 26, 2017, 09:17:07 pm »

They can always go to Europe instead. Europe is a far more highly cultured place, anyway, so they would only gain from that.

Europe is also suffering from it's own convulsions with tensions with foriegners. Seems to be mainly aimed at refugees and asylum seekers, but the guy who shot those two Indian people thought they were Muslims.

But yes, all of these incidents are going to hit tourism and other things hard. It hasn't gotten to the point where the tourism industry is really suffering AFAIK, but I suppose the main test to see how bad it's gotten would be the summer tourist season.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2749 on: February 26, 2017, 09:28:51 pm »

Europeans still have yet to elect xenophobic madmen to power, though. Probably thanks to their overall higher development and civilization level. Which means that most of these tensions are highly localized, and do not affect the high-value/high-skilled immigration.
._.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2750 on: February 26, 2017, 09:39:10 pm »

Europeans still have yet to elect xenophobic madmen to power, though. Probably thanks to their overall higher development and civilization level. Which means that most of these tensions are highly localized, and do not affect the high-value/high-skilled immigration.

Higher development and civilization level? Your bias is speaking dude. (nah, I'm not offended. :) )

Though you do have a point, there haven't yet been any xenophobic madmen/women elected to power, other than Erdogan. Italy seems to be safe atm, though Netherlands has theirs sometime in March, France's is in April, and Germanys is in September of this year I think.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2751 on: February 26, 2017, 09:55:52 pm »

Europeans still have yet to elect xenophobic madmen to power

uuuuuuhhhhhhhhh

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2752 on: February 26, 2017, 10:00:44 pm »

Don't be a Godwin, Neo :P
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2753 on: February 26, 2017, 10:02:15 pm »

Sergarr obviously meant since Trumps election.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2754 on: February 26, 2017, 10:05:32 pm »

I've heard the phrase applied to this guy:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viktor_Orb%C3%A1n

He was elected before Trump, but close enough.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2755 on: February 26, 2017, 10:07:31 pm »

Days since Europe Elected a Xenophobic Madman (Post-Trump) sign needed?

Also:

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2756 on: February 26, 2017, 10:11:08 pm »

Don't be a Godwin, Neo :P

Ohh I was referring to Raspoutine :P

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2757 on: February 26, 2017, 10:11:54 pm »

Europeans still have yet to elect xenophobic madmen to power

uuuuuuhhhhhhhhh
In recent history, I mean. Situation was different before that. Before 1970s-1980s, America was actually the more developed/more civilized one out of two. But Europeans have managed to pull themselves (with some help from USA's better parts) out of the quagmire of xenophobia, racism and stupidity and become enlightened, while USA has started to embrace those vile values around that time, though it has managed to keep said process relatively under the wraps and suppressed away from the outwards-facing parts until recently.

I've heard the phrase applied to this guy:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viktor_Orb%C3%A1n

He was elected before Trump, but close enough.
One relatively unhinged governor does not really change the overall picture in Europe, especially since the province in question is also one of the poorest and least significant ones within the Union.
._.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #2758 on: February 26, 2017, 10:13:33 pm »

Europeans still have yet to elect xenophobic madmen to power, though. 
Spoiler: LOL (click to show/hide)
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2759 on: February 26, 2017, 10:15:22 pm »

The Nicaraguan and Israeli flags do look pretty similar though. They both have blue, white and blue horizontal lines with a blue symbol in the middle. Looking at that emoji I can't even tell the difference, let alone if I were looking at this on my phone.

Which makes me wonder: When politicians tweet, do they do it directly from their smartphones? Or do they draft their tweets, think of what to say, go over it with an advisor, and then post it from a government computer?
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 3569