Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 3569

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4253876 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread: Trump Immigration Boogaloo edition
« Reply #2685 on: February 25, 2017, 03:00:19 pm »

He's a bit older than Reagan was on inauguration day, so, yes, and it's been a while since we've had one die of natural causes while in office, and not assassination.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 03:07:36 pm by smjjames »

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2686 on: February 25, 2017, 03:09:06 pm »

Unfortunately, 2016 is not divisible by 20.

Though, a potential second term is still up for grabs, though I don't know how many want him to have a second term.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 03:11:14 pm by da_nang »
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2687 on: February 25, 2017, 03:19:43 pm »

He could die in office, it's been a while since you guys had one of those, and Trump is I think the oldest ever president. But he'll have to die in a sufficiently over the top way. No normal death for the Donald.

Eeehh, lets not tempt murphy because I can think of one over the top way that starts with the letter 'N' and ends in 'e'

@da_nang: Funny that the shoe throwing incident is listed there for Bush.

Also, Tom Perez is elected as DNC chair. Hope he does well.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 03:36:02 pm by smjjames »

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2688 on: February 25, 2017, 03:36:29 pm »

He could die in office, it's been a while since you guys had one of those, and Trump is I think the oldest ever president. But he'll have to die in a sufficiently over the top way. No normal death for the Donald.

Eeehh, lets not tempt murphy because I can think of one over the top way that starts with the letter 'N' and ends in 'e'

@da_nang: Funny that the shoe throwing incident is listed there for Bush.

Also, Tom Perez is elected as DNC chair. Hope he does well.

"Niagara Falls Canoe?"

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2689 on: February 25, 2017, 03:38:51 pm »

How nice of Perez, he made Keith Ellison (the runner up and fellow contender) his deputy chair.

Huh sluissa?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2690 on: February 25, 2017, 03:40:23 pm »

"Nuclear exchange", maybe?
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2691 on: February 25, 2017, 03:41:41 pm »

It was 'nuke', but yes.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2692 on: February 25, 2017, 03:47:01 pm »

It was 'nuke', but yes.

I prefer the waterfall idea.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #2693 on: February 25, 2017, 03:54:46 pm »

How nice of Perez, he made Keith Ellison (the runner up and fellow contender) his deputy chair.

Huh sluissa?

That was a smart move.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2694 on: February 25, 2017, 04:00:33 pm »

Unfortunately, 2016 is not divisible by 20.

Though, a potential second term is still up for grabs, though I don't know how many want him to have a second term.

Bush apparently fainted from choking on a pretzel while in office. The curse hit him but was avoided. Would have been the most fitting death ever.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2695 on: February 25, 2017, 04:31:28 pm »

Trump administration sought to enlist intelligence officials, key lawmakers to counter Russia stories

Tom Clancy died so that he could bring us his greatest story - into real life!
._.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2696 on: February 25, 2017, 04:59:48 pm »

https://news.slashdot.org/story/17/02/25/2028233/garmin-engineer-shot-and-killed-by-man-yelling-get-out-of-my-country

Some Indian tech workers were shot at in Kansas, one dead. Attacker yelled "Get out of my country" and called them "Middle Eastern".

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2697 on: February 25, 2017, 05:04:24 pm »

Trump administration sought to enlist intelligence officials, key lawmakers to counter Russia stories

Tom Clancy died so that he could bring us his greatest story - into real life!

A good step towards exonerating him would be releasing his taxes, honestly. I know he has said that they're under audit, but I'm sure he can have it fast tracked or something, if that's legal.

Also why there needs to be an independent investigator. Even if Trump and co. are innocent here, the truth still needs to be gotten to the bottom of.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2698 on: February 25, 2017, 05:10:14 pm »

Yeah, saying there's no story but not actually complying by providing details only makes you look guilty. We know certain phone calls happened but instead of just telling us what those calls were about there are angry denouncements of even asking.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #2699 on: February 25, 2017, 06:09:07 pm »

A good step towards exonerating him would be releasing his taxes, honestly. I know he has said that they're under audit, but I'm sure he can have it fast tracked or something, if that's legal.
He did say the reason they couldn't be released was because of an audit. As pretty much everyone, iirc up to and including the IRS, said, that was complete and utter bullshit. There were actually other people that were under audit that released theirs during the period in question, if I'm not misremembering. The audit claim was one of the most blatant lies of the campaign, amazingly enough considering how many other ones there were.

As someone with some accountancy/auditing training: There's pretty much zero negative legal consequence to releasing your taxes during an audit, save in the numbers revealing criminal activity or whatnot and getting your ass busted, nevermind at any other time. Vanishingly little situations where that's a legal problem, none of which we had any indication was happening, and frankly most of them involve issues related to financial ties to criminal or otherwise legally infringing organizations when being made public might alert them (and still usually aren't illegal, far as I'm aware, save in that it might count as investigation obstruction and I don't think anyone has actually had charges of that nature stick in US history, so...). There ain't much you can get involved in where releasing your tax returns is going to cause problems for you or anyone else, save to whatever extent bullshit is revealed by them, and most of 'em are ones that say some pretty serious things about the dealings of the individuals involved.

Really, about the only reason to not release the information is a desire for privacy, stuff along those lines. Which while something an american citizen is largely entitled to, at least in relation to other citizens, is sketchy as hell from the perspective of someone running for high office. Especially considering the previous tradition of doing so. Not that we didn't know all that a while back, but maybe someone could have stood a refresher on the subject.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 3569