Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 3570

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4258755 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread: Trump Immigration Boogaloo edition
« Reply #2430 on: February 22, 2017, 01:46:50 pm »

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/320653-trump-campaign-team-showed-him-positive-coverage-to-control-twitter

We all knew the guy was attention seeking, but almost to the point of being needy? pfft...... Though there's no obvious sign that he is being treated that way now, it really doesn't bode well for his psyche.

I'm sure it's far from the first time that people have tried to control information coming to a candidate or a president, but still....

somewhat more substanial one: http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/trump-twitter-staffer-235263
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 01:52:26 pm by smjjames »

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2431 on: February 22, 2017, 01:56:28 pm »

Hey it's notable that one of Trump's aids refered to conservative media as "The echo chamber" specifically, referring to how you plant a pro-right story and it bounces around to all the outlets. He let the cat out of the bag, btw, "echo chamber" wasn't originally a compliment.

Former campaign officials used outlets such as Breitbart News, the Washington Examiner, Fox News, Infowars and The Daily Caller in an effort to show Trump positive news coverage.

The President gets his information from Infowars! Leave while you still can.

EDIT:

BTW Infowars has a story right now "Terror In Sweden: Chemical Attack On Train Chokes Passengers". So they've got a made-up story about a terror attack now so that all the "echo chamber" inhabitants can cope with the fact that Trump got it wrong about Sweden. It's true in "Alternative Facts" land.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 02:03:20 pm by Reelya »

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2432 on: February 22, 2017, 01:59:04 pm »

I'm sorry I brought it up. I was just wondering why it seems to be more of a recurring theme than I'd expect it to be. Like, I mean, Milo was raped as a kid. That's understandable, if abhorrent for him to perpetuate the very same thing. But Rush? :U
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #2433 on: February 22, 2017, 02:05:01 pm »

[Redacted, moved and updated to PM]

But I agree this isn't the thread for it, so I'll drop it here and if needed discuss it in one of the other threads.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/320653-trump-campaign-team-showed-him-positive-coverage-to-control-twitter

We all knew the guy was attention seeking, but almost to the point of being needy? pfft...... Though there's no obvious sign that he is being treated that way now, it really doesn't bode well for his psyche.

I'm sure it's far from the first time that people have tried to control information coming to a candidate or a president, but still....

somewhat more substanial one: http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/trump-twitter-staffer-235263

Interesting. I mean, I presumed he was a thin-skinned manchild, but apparently he really is. If someone managed to keep slipping insulting (i.e., truthful) news into his inner circle, I wonder how long it would take for Trump to have an actual psychological breakdown.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 02:39:35 pm by PTTG?? »
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2434 on: February 22, 2017, 02:08:14 pm »

God damn it, no! I'm saying men don't deserve special treatment! You said yourself people see both as rape and both crimes have the same legal weight! What more do you want than that? Men don't deserve special treatment!

When did I ask for special treatment? I asked for all consent-related cases to be treated the same. You're the only person who's mentioned any type of special treatment.

What my argument was, was that the media downplays the problem for men so you almost never get a discussion of the issue and when it's raised it's not taken seriously. So my argument was for it to be taken equally seriously. That's what I said from the start. And your strong mocking attitude at every point, including ad hominem attacks on the author, refusing to read the link (which displays extremely strong confirmation bias) etc, all that proves the basic point i was making. Plus you turned rape of a male into a rape joke basically.

Male victims: it's extremely hard for them to get anyone to take them seriously, including police. So it is an equity issue here. Not a "we want special treatment" argument. Look into the difficulties that male sufferers of either domestic violence or sexual violence face when trying to get police assistance. So while "on the books" these crimes are equally grave, in effect the law doesn't exist for male victims. There is a huge discrepancy in reporting, charge and conviction rates, yet victim survey data in multiple nations suggests they're near parity.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 02:20:12 pm by Reelya »

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2435 on: February 22, 2017, 02:17:21 pm »

This never would have happened in DPRK Thread.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2436 on: February 22, 2017, 02:19:52 pm »

Could we boot the feminism topic elsewhere?

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2437 on: February 22, 2017, 02:33:38 pm »

On the topic of Donald Trump's semi-recent press rant, while watching part of it I was interested to see him go on an extended sojourn on the topic of how bad a nuclear holocaust would be. It gave the impression that someone had just explained it to him, and he was now repeating to America with incredulity.  Like as if he was saying "Did you guys know that nuclear holocaust would be so bad? Cause it's really bad. Like no other. I mean really, incredibly bad."

So now I'm going to make the argument - and hear me out, please - that this is not necessarily Ameripol material.

Exactly, which is why I asked how it has to do with politics. Plus the gender thread seems like a better place for it. Or a Feminism thread if anybody is brave enough to make and moderate one.
Point of order: My post was before yours, so HA! Low energy! Sad!

Hey it's notable that one of Trump's aids refered to conservative media as "The echo chamber" specifically, referring to how you plant a pro-right story and it bounces around to all the outlets. He let the cat out of the bag, btw, "echo chamber" wasn't originally a compliment.

Former campaign officials used outlets such as Breitbart News, the Washington Examiner, Fox News, Infowars and The Daily Caller in an effort to show Trump positive news coverage.

The President gets his information from Infowars! Leave while you still can.
Here's a very important point: Infowars says all sorts of insane shit, like clockwork elves and Obama smelling of Brimstone in addition to the more classical "BUSH DID 9/11" type stuff. Thing is, Donald J. Trump now has absolute access to everything. If any of that were true, he could find out. Instead he isn't taking the security briefings, and is taking the same news that his base gets. But if he is in communication with these people who are arguing all these things, one of two things must be true: either all those things are right (and let's be clear: they probably aren't), or they aren't. What does it mean that they aren't true, though? These people aren't marginal anymore. They are the state. But they are still peddling these theories, and notably, they aren't peddling them from the "We are getting our information from inside the US government", but as if they were secret, uncheckable conspiracies! So what's the necessary conclusion?

Alex Jones is part of a conspiracy. Alex Jones, Infowars, all those people are now part of a conspiracy to lie to the American people. If they say X, and they have significant access to a man who can know anything, and X is not true, they are part of a conspiracy. When you are outside the government, you know, you can make these claims and say "I would prove them, but the government hides the evidence." But Donald Trump won't hide the evidence! At best they are guilty of "forgetting" to ask their world leader buddy, "hey you know 9/11? Could you go check that out for me before I keep ranting about it? And look up the government files on Obama's connections to Hell too."
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 02:35:42 pm by misko27 »
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2438 on: February 22, 2017, 02:44:29 pm »

So Milo is really the Jeff Gannon of the Trump era in more ways than one, actually. And I kinda have a feeling that they're going to do a collective "Milo who? Who's that then?" thing within not too long a time. That's what they do with fallen "edgy" right wing pundits who were used to launch a lot of ad hominem attacks, they just pretend they never existed.
I don't think it's intentional, more just how these people are transient and tend to blur into a long stream of edgy hypocrites that appear and disappear with the ages
It's what always happens with this shit, you can't get too much complacent cos it'll only be a few more months before the next one. Don't even think the edge is the significant thing here, more the ad homs, you know that stereotype of the firebrand preacher who wants to kill gays but then gets caught sleeping with a rentboy? There's some truth to it

Why does it matter that he's a "skin-head"? Hard to tell from a photo but it looks to me like he has a receding hairline & decided to just shave it off.
Baldies will wipe us all out

You're basically a You are a literal rape apologist at this point. It's like a caricature.
Your Unis have top morals

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #2439 on: February 22, 2017, 02:47:42 pm »

I'm sorry I brought it up. I was just wondering why it seems to be more of a recurring theme than I'd expect it to be. Like, I mean, Milo was raped as a kid. That's understandable, if abhorrent for him to perpetuate the very same thing. But Rush? :U
What, Limbaugh? Dude's a professional shock jock, among other things, and has been for decades. You can expect him to say whatever he thinks is going to rile people up, by and large, and double down on anything that's specifically going to be able to be pointed at as a sort of "look at the liberals rage" sort of thing. Same's more or less true for most of the right/alt-right radio presence. If you expect something resembling ethical behavior from 'em you've strapped a rocket pack on your head first trip into the rusty spikes of the Wall of Disappointment.

If you're looking for some kind of reason for it, I dun really know. Near as I can tell for a lot of folks they're not really listening to the critters' words, they're just listening to how they're said. Smattering of keyword type stuff on the side of it. So sayin' stuff that shits all over the concept of consent just... doesn't really meaningfully register. Probably some good ol' days-y stuff on the side, call backs to when consent wasn't considered a meaningful issue 'cause no one really talked about it and shit like marital rape was still legal. Likely some other junk, too, but that's about what I've parsed of why the guy's listeners swallow the shit rush spews on that particular topic. Least that I can remember at the moment of the last time he said something foul enough for people to register it enough to mention.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2440 on: February 22, 2017, 03:01:24 pm »

The one million dollar question is, will the right make the right (hue) choice and let milo die in his ditch and move on, or will there be people dumb enough to actualy try and justify/defend him? Will he be the right's own roman polanski/sarah nyberg/lenna durhan? Or will the paradigm finally be broken to an extent causing the right and the left to unite in some way against the greater pedo threat, in some very odd analogical application of Reagan's ideas on how the world could be united against a greater evil?
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2441 on: February 22, 2017, 03:14:52 pm »

The one million dollar question is, will the right make the right (hue) choice and let milo die in his ditch and move on, or will there be people dumb enough to actualy try and justify/defend him? Will he be the right's own roman polanski/sarah nyberg/lenna durhan? Or will the paradigm finally be broken to an extent causing the right and the left to unite in some way against the greater pedo threat, in some very odd analogical application of Reagan's ideas on how the world could be united against a greater evil?
From what I've seen there's a significant camp of young ppl who see it as cons cannibalizing their own instead of standing up to the mean SJW bullies but otherwise most are happy to drop him and all. Even his own colleagues at Breitbart were threatening to resign if they just let Milo off with a slap on the wrist, but even so, I don't think we're at paradigm breaking levels yet. We're at USA and USSR fighting the same enemy but not necessarily fighting for the same objective sorta stuff

I love this quote from one of the Breitbart ppl:
“I don’t wish anybody badly, but do I kind of hope Milo goes away?” Stranahan said. “I think I do. I think that would be best for everybody. . . . Because he’s not adding to the brand.”
Which basically sums up the whole thing where they wanted to get rid of him but he was too entrenched of an e-celeb to just get rid of without good reason. 'Just go away pls'.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #2442 on: February 22, 2017, 03:15:27 pm »

Also worth considering, are people going to keep harping on Milo like the dead horse he is, or are we going to talk about anything else?
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2443 on: February 22, 2017, 03:18:08 pm »

What else is there really to talk about? We've gone on about every Trumpreich topic for months.

This is like David Cameron slobknobing a dead pig, it obliterates all other news potential.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2444 on: February 22, 2017, 03:19:30 pm »

Oink oink
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 3570