Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 3569

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4249498 times)

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread: Trump Immigration Boogaloo edition
« Reply #2100 on: February 18, 2017, 09:01:25 pm »

Wait why is sensitivity training abhorrent to you?

Is there some nasty version that I haven't heard of here that isn't just having to attend some classes in your free time about what the designers think is teaching people "how to not be offensive" but is actually "How well do I still have the ability to take in information without paying attention since leaving uni?"
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2101 on: February 18, 2017, 09:02:25 pm »

When it is *MANDATED* either through an employer, or by a government institution, such as a court.

(protip, it does not work any better than forced conversion does.)
http://www.thecollegefix.com/post/28636/
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 09:04:30 pm by wierd »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2102 on: February 18, 2017, 09:05:09 pm »

Not quite sure how things got from SJWs to electroshock/convulsive therapy and then sensitivity training for no apparent source reason....

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #2103 on: February 18, 2017, 09:06:06 pm »

Mandated stuff tends to be "how to avoid harassment or discrimination litigation", by and large.

So no, there's not some hidden nasty version.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2104 on: February 18, 2017, 09:08:05 pm »

Honestly, I'm surprised the thread is still open with all the shit getting thrown at the walls between weather news, actual news, or pretending-to-be-real-news.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2105 on: February 18, 2017, 09:10:28 pm »

Mandated stuff tends to be "how to avoid harassment or discrimination litigation", by and large.

So no, there's not some hidden nasty version.

Dont discount the deleterious effects of being told you are defective or wrong.  It is basically *THE* defining shared trait that modern homosexuals have in common concerning the fear of coming out, and the like.  That is exactly what mandated therapy does to somebody.

It is wrong, every time.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2106 on: February 18, 2017, 09:12:22 pm »

*wrenches the rails back to politics*

Just found this, which is maybe juicy, a NSC aide has been fired/dismissed for being critical of Trump at an off-the-record event. One thing though is that I'm aware of a law that says federal employees aren't supposed to voice political things while on the job (or something like that), so, it may have been a legit firing, but I'm not entirely sure.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2107 on: February 18, 2017, 09:13:34 pm »

Another one, or the same one from the previous page?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2108 on: February 18, 2017, 09:15:33 pm »

*wrenches the rails back to politics*

Just found this, which is maybe juicy, a NSC aide has been fired/dismissed for being critical of Trump at an off-the-record event. One thing though is that I'm aware of a law that says federal employees aren't supposed to voice political things while on the job (or something like that), so, it may have been a legit firing, but I'm not entirely sure.

Oddly enough it feels like people who do this are wrenching the discussion off of politics and instead just keeping it on headlines and sensationalism... Which is kind of the Disney version of politics.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2109 on: February 18, 2017, 09:16:40 pm »

Another one, or the same one from the previous page?

Oh whoops, my bad, palsch already linked that earlier and I missed it somehow.

How the heck does someone like that get past vetting anyway?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 09:18:41 pm by smjjames »

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2110 on: February 18, 2017, 09:16:52 pm »

Considering the rather pointed "Do you love big brother!?" questionnaire we are subjecting tourists to, I would tend to suspect that our Fearless Leader has a strong desire to surround himself with a cult of personality that would put the Glorious Leader of the DPRK to shame.

Note how trump tends to frame his arguments-- "Everyone says X-- X is true! X is the best!"

If Trump surrounds himself with people that say he is the best, it reinforces his world view that he is the best, and that it is the truth.
Naturally, this means he has to remove people that dont conform to that narrative.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2111 on: February 18, 2017, 09:19:19 pm »

Well he did say he would run America like he would a business.

That is pretty typical business action.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2112 on: February 18, 2017, 09:19:43 pm »

Considering the rather pointed "Do you love big brother!?" questionnaire we are subjecting tourists to, I would tend to suspect that our Fearless Leader has a strong desire to surround himself with a cult of personality that would put the Glorious Leader of the DPRK to shame.

Note how trump tends to frame his arguments-- "Everyone says X-- X is true! X is the best!"

If Trump surrounds himself with people that say he is the best, it reinforces his world view that he is the best, and that it is the truth.
Naturally, this means he has to remove people that dont conform to that narrative.
it also sets him up for massive blunders. I'd call it he Stalin and Mao effect.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2113 on: February 18, 2017, 09:21:41 pm »

So I was looking at cross-party appointments on a whim, since I know it's become a more regular practice for modern Presidents, and found something of note. Donald Trump has appointed three Democrats. One to the trade council, one to the economic council....and Micheal Flynn.

Interesting.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2114 on: February 18, 2017, 09:22:37 pm »

Except the guy was fired over criticising Trump, though he might have broken a law there, not sure.

Still, the guy shouldn't even have GOTTEN the job in the first place, the loss of security clearance alone would be a red flag.

it also sets him up for massive blunders. I'd call it he Stalin and Mao effect.

Except Stalin and Mao were WAY more competent at being politicians than Trump. Neither Stalin or Mao got elected, they worked their way up the political ladder.
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 3569