Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 3569

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4245874 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread: Trump Immigration Boogaloo edition
« Reply #2010 on: February 17, 2017, 05:33:51 pm »

No no, don't apply for Trump, it's too early to tell if that'll get your name on the list before a truth and reconciliation commission in a few years.

Also, you might be called on to commit high treason to prevent a nuclear war.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2011 on: February 17, 2017, 05:50:10 pm »

If the alternative is "no one prevents a nuclear war", that's really a point in favor of applying.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2012 on: February 17, 2017, 05:57:06 pm »

If the alternative is "no one prevents a nuclear war", that's really a point in favor of applying.
Nah, Sean Spicer has been sticking his gum on the underside of the Button, it won't actually work.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #2013 on: February 17, 2017, 06:01:23 pm »

Sean Spicer confirmed deep cover voice of reason.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2014 on: February 17, 2017, 07:19:16 pm »

Looks like we have one more name for APNSA;

Lieutenant General Herbert Raymond McMaster

McMaster meets the badass criteria; he was a captain during the battle of 73 Easting and was commanding a unit of nine tanks - from the lead tank - which engaged and destroyed over eighty Iraqi tanks that were dug in prepared positions. He is known to be independent minded and outspoken, wrote a book on how the military needs to speak up when their civilian leadership is not effective and is an expert on counter-insurgency including political-military integration and state building. His book also happened to slag off nearly all of the Vietnam era military leadership, so for some reason his career stalled for a few years there before he was picked up by Petraeus for his COIN work. He has since kept rising rapidly since then and is now largely in charge of the modernisation and future focus of the US Army. So he has some chops, even if not in this particular field.

Interestingly, he is active duty military. I'm not sure he would be able to outright refuse the position in the way that Harward did without resigning his commission entirely. APNSA can serve as a military assignment if need be (Colin Powell served in such a role under Reagan). I had seen suggestions that Trump could take such an approach to staff the position if finding a political appointee was getting too hard.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2015 on: February 17, 2017, 07:28:58 pm »

I saw that name be mentioned along with Bolton on CNN, but I couldn't find any articles corroborating that. He's already passed over Bolton for other positions before, so, I don't see him picking Bolton. Plus theres the whole Iraq war thing.

Also, the badass criteria will certainly awe Trump, the Patton fan that he is.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #2016 on: February 17, 2017, 07:30:35 pm »

Interestingly, he is active duty military. I'm not sure he would be able to outright refuse the position in the way that Harward did without resigning his commission entirely.
... so what's likely to happen if that's true, but he actually does resign his commission entirely rather than fill the position? Doubt anything particularly procedural or whatev' would, but I can only imagine the public reaction.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2017 on: February 17, 2017, 07:33:43 pm »

want to take the most biased poll ever?

https://gop.com/mainstream-media-accountability-survey/

its enough to make you cringe. and yes its real.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2018 on: February 17, 2017, 07:39:51 pm »

want to take the most biased poll ever?

https://gop.com/mainstream-media-accountability-survey/

its enough to make you cringe. and yes its real.

I started doing it, and putting yes on everything and selecting everything for the lulz, then I saw you have to put your email in. Nope, not gonna give Trump my email.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2019 on: February 17, 2017, 07:49:35 pm »

Same here.  However, it does raise a few interesting questions.

Looking past the minitruth nature of the questionnaire, it asks if the msm has attempted to divide conservatives to liberal advantage, and if the msm has published salacious stories without due diligence.  Those are both "yes" answers.

Will I rise to their crusade? Fuck no.  Is there a valid criticism there? Yes.

Another interesting question was about trumps "direct to the people" 'reporting'.

I was going to reply "it would be effective if used by a competent statesman".
« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 07:52:51 pm by wierd »

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2020 on: February 17, 2017, 07:52:47 pm »

Pff, I don't believe the mainstream media in general has attempted to divide conservatives.  It's arguably the only reason they still vote as a block.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2021 on: February 17, 2017, 07:54:54 pm »

GOP != Conservatives

Once that is established, then the answer becomes "yes".

"Conservative" is an adjective describing a worldview, not a party affiliation.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2022 on: February 17, 2017, 07:58:20 pm »

Pff, I don't believe the mainstream media in general has attempted to divide conservatives.  It's arguably the only reason they still vote as a block.

Plus theres conservative parts of the mainstream media (FOX included), so, kind of hard for the MSM to split the conservatives if there's conservative parts of it.

GOP != Conservatives

Once that is established, then the answer becomes "yes".

"Conservative" is an adjective describing a worldview, not a party affiliation.

Except that conservative is intimately tied to the GOP, like how liberalism/progressivism is tied to the Dems. The unfortunate fact is that the political parties closely mirror the worldviews. It's not an exact mirroring of course.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2023 on: February 17, 2017, 08:03:54 pm »

He just went full fascist

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/832708293516632065

NEVER GO FULL FASCIST
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2024 on: February 17, 2017, 08:06:29 pm »

... so what's likely to happen if that's true, but he actually does resign his commission entirely rather than fill the position? Doubt anything particularly procedural or whatev' would, but I can only imagine the public reaction.

I can't imagine it does good things for military morale or support from Trump from the DoD.

The reasonable approach would be them making sure the offer isn't made (or order isn't given I guess) without him being sure to accept it.

For reference, the last sentence of this article is about the longest discussion out there of the question.

WSJ now saying Patreus has officially dropped out of contention. EDIT: Non-paywall version. The full article makes it sound like they are unwilling to hear about any of the problems or steps needed to fix them and just want a yes-man in the role.

Then there is this oh fucking fuck rumour. Really hoping this turns out to be bullshit. KT was due under a bus any day now...

BTW, Trump now claims that that survey has been viciously attacked by the MSM and sabotaged by Democrats. So good job on that.

Shouldn't that be vrag naroda?
I swear I made the reference first.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 08:15:46 pm by palsch »
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 3569