Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 3569

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4243863 times)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread: Trump Immigration Boogaloo edition
« Reply #1726 on: February 13, 2017, 11:30:35 am »

"Every time you masturbate, God kills a kitten."

Gawd I miss the internet of the 90s...

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: February 13, 2017, 12:22:15 pm »

Knives out for Flynn.
I knew this was coming. It's one thing when the federal bureaucracy resists you. It's another when the IC resists you, especially if they are resisting you because you don't like their methods; the Federal Bureaucracy can make your life hell, but the IC is going to have your career

This article by Politico discsses the same thing, but also names Sean Spicer, for obvious reasons, but also surprisingly Reince Priebus, Trump's Chief of Staff, and one of the few truly experienced people running the Ship of State, as people under fire in the Administration. Since Trump does, in fact, watch cable news, whenever Spicer says something he dislikes Trump summons him over to discuss individual answers he's made. Meanwhile the man with a name that, as Colbert was sometimes fond of saying, sounded like a euphemism for erectile dysfunction, Reince Priebus is also under fire by some allies of the Administration.
Ruddy, who discussed an array of topics with Trump as he sipped whiskey and the president drank Diet Coke, said changes could be afoot. "He's always been successful and had strong people around him, and he's in the process of figuring out who those people are," he said.

After the meeting, Ruddy made an appearance on CNN’s “Reliable Sources,” where he complained about Priebus and called for his ouster. Ruddy said that his remarks were warmly received by others in the administration, but that he hadn’t given the president a heads-up beforehand.

"A number of high-ranking Trump administration officials sent me a text praising my performance," Ruddy said. "If they don't get someone of a different skill set, they're going to continue having problems.
The article cautions that no immediate change in staffing is expected. That makes sense; they are already so understaffed as it is.

"Every time you masturbate, God kills a kitten."

We can bring it back. We have the technology.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: February 13, 2017, 12:51:19 pm »

We can bring it back. We have the technology.
But getting compatible drivers is a bitch...

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: February 13, 2017, 12:58:52 pm »

I'm pretty sure I still have a bunch of windows 95 floppies somewhere, and an external floppy drive.    Now all I need to remember is the arcane and secret art of pre install driver installation.

EDIT: Lol actually I would have to install the external floppy drive itself most likely since it's usb.  Good lord, I used to do this stuff.... but HOW did I do it?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 01:00:24 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: February 13, 2017, 01:49:37 pm »

Odds on Trump complaining that he's too much of a pansy or calling him "boy"?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: February 13, 2017, 02:29:18 pm »

Sidd Bikkannavar isn't even "must be a terrorist" dark:

...and as a bonus "fuck you" he's one of the folks working on the Webb. All the beautiful images we've gotten from the Hubble, the things we've learned about the universe and our place in it, the Hubble has 1024x1024 detectors mostly, with a 2.4 m mirror (4 m2), and some of the instruments can stitch together wider images. The Webb has several 2048x2048 detectors, with a 6.6 m mirror (~25 m2, a ratio of 6.25 compared to the Hubble), and the detectors are more sensitive in wavelengths the Hubble can't work in, allowing deeper views into the early universe and higher resolution shots of nearby objects, so it's kinda like going from CRT to HD+ monitors. Honestly might be worth investing in a nice VR rig just to see Webb images properly. Thankfully it's still chugging along so there's no reason for some big orange shitbag to try and fuck with it, but let's not mention it around him just in case until it's launched, yeah?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: February 13, 2017, 02:42:52 pm »

Shit, if I saw that guy with that name and was having an off day I would have mistaken it for going Full Svithjod instead of being Indian in origin.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: February 13, 2017, 03:40:28 pm »

Among this we have casual chaos as Trump takes a serious briefing alongside an allied head of government at a candlelit dinner table surrounded by high paying guests of his resort. This photo has surfaced.

This one has generate a few more photos, posted on Facebook by member's of Trump's club who had ringside seats. This Twitter thread has most of the ones I've seen, which includes the paying member of Trump's club posing with Bannon and the officer who carries the nuclear football while identifying him by name. Pretty sure someone is being reassigned after this. This article goes into some of it as well as mentioning another security violation; leaving a key in a classified lockbag while hosting guests in the Oval Office.

Usually the Presidents hosts this sort of visit at Camp David, where there are secure facilities and access can be controlled. When on the road they usually use mobile secure rooms or tents to handle sensitive material or phone calls. This is an absurd lack of security, even before you factor in the costs to the Secret Service of securing all the guests.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #1734 on: February 13, 2017, 03:48:03 pm »

but emails
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: February 13, 2017, 04:55:22 pm »

To introduce some levity in heavy times: have you guys heard of Donald and Hobbes (also known as Orange and Orange)? It's pretty great.

Spoiler: Behold (click to show/hide)

The best part is that the text isn't altered (or very sparsely here and there, such as changing names), it just works naturally.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: February 13, 2017, 08:02:37 pm »

the new LWT season is started. time for glorious trump mocking.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xecEV4dSAXE

apparently their going to air educational commercials on fox so trump sees them. that's amazing.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: February 13, 2017, 08:30:39 pm »

I assumed they were joking, but they didn't act like they were joking...
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: February 13, 2017, 08:50:36 pm »

I assumed they were joking, but they didn't act like they were joking...
they never joke. remember when they made the ludicrous charity?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: February 13, 2017, 11:01:36 pm »

Mike Flynn has now resigned. Not surprising considering that there was breaking news that he could be, or possibly is, compromised by his relations with Russia.

Now, I wonder who the heck is going to be the top National Security advisor? I've seen Petraeus be mentioned once. CNN seems to be unsure who the acting NS advisor is :/

There's also been a lot of controversey over how he did things at Mar-a-Lago, namely how he did things in a really unsecure way.

Seemed to be more that he was totally unprepared for such a situation happening at Mar-a-Lago, which is a public place.

This politico article has some possibilities for NS advisor, though now that Flynn has resigned, it's pushed that into hyperdrive.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 11:05:31 pm by smjjames »
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 3569