Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4227557 times)

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread: Trump Immigration Boogaloo edition
« Reply #915 on: February 04, 2017, 12:43:48 pm »

I'll just leave this here and sneak away: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foundations_of_Geopolitics
China, which represents a danger to Russia, "must, to the maximum degree possible, be dismantled". Dugin suggests that Russia start by taking Tibet-Xinjiang-Mongolia-Manchuria as a security belt.[2] Russia should offer China help "in a southern direction – Indochina (except Vietnam), the Philippines, Indonesia, Australia" as geopolitical compensation.[1]
I don't know why people take this book as indicator of anything.
._.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: February 04, 2017, 12:48:30 pm »

I'll just leave this here and sneak away: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foundations_of_Geopolitics
China, which represents a danger to Russia, "must, to the maximum degree possible, be dismantled". Dugin suggests that Russia start by taking Tibet-Xinjiang-Mongolia-Manchuria as a security belt.[2] Russia should offer China help "in a southern direction – Indochina (except Vietnam), the Philippines, Indonesia, Australia" as geopolitical compensation.[1]
I don't know why people take this book as indicator of anything.

No surprise they have imperialist dreams, and it seems to just be a continuation of Soviet policy.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: February 04, 2017, 12:48:48 pm »

Ukraine should be annexed by Russia because "“Ukraine as a state has no geopolitical meaning, no particular cultural import or universal significance, no geographic uniqueness, no ethnic exclusiveness, its certain territorial ambitions represents an enormous danger for all of Eurasia and, without resolving the Ukrainian problem, it is in general senseless to speak about continental politics". Ukraine should not be allowed to remain independent, unless it is cordon sanitaire, which would be inadmissible.[1]

The United Kingdom should be cut off from Europe.[1]

Yeah, I wonder why.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: February 04, 2017, 01:01:41 pm »

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/trump-tv-ad-rates-morning-joe-oreilly-234647 I wonder if this constitutes some form of conflict of interest? Then again, it may just be a natural outgrowth of everything.

Then again, just because you watched an ad is a real stretch on the 'conflict of interest' or the appearance of one anyway. Interesting either way.

edit: Actually, no, it'd be more like a form of lobbying, but he can choose whether or not he wants to watch the ad anyway.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: February 04, 2017, 01:20:14 pm »

Ukraine should be annexed by Russia because "“Ukraine as a state has no geopolitical meaning, no particular cultural import or universal significance, no geographic uniqueness, no ethnic exclusiveness, its certain territorial ambitions represents an enormous danger for all of Eurasia and, without resolving the Ukrainian problem, it is in general senseless to speak about continental politics". Ukraine should not be allowed to remain independent, unless it is cordon sanitaire, which would be inadmissible.[1]

The United Kingdom should be cut off from Europe.[1]

Yeah, I wonder why.
Did you not see the part that I quoted? In case you missed it, here it is again:
Note that it's about the opposite of what Chinese-Russian relationships currently are. Such a critical error means that other parts of said "foundation" are, most surely, just coincidences. Also, UK wasn't "cut off" from Europe, they did so themselves.
._.

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #920 on: February 04, 2017, 02:02:41 pm »

An accidental moment of honesty from Sean Spicer, or a desperate cry for help? You decide.

tl'dr Sean Spicer retweeted a The Onion video about him that was titled "SeanSpicer's role in the Trump administration will be to provide the American public with robust and clearly articulated misinformation.", adding "You nailed it. Period!" in his tweet.

Have to wonder if someone in his family is being held hostage by Trump and forcing him to say stupid things, and this is some sort of cry for help...That or American Politicians really need to learn to treat Twitter as a series of mini-press statements and employ proof-readers.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 02:08:06 pm by MorleyDev »

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: February 04, 2017, 02:10:14 pm »

This administration, man. If it didn't seem like this administration thinks they're actually doing good, I'd find their complete incompetence funny.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: February 04, 2017, 02:15:57 pm »

Why doesn't he just resign if he's doing that? Because that's completely undermining his position and credibility.

Though at the rate that he is flubbing up some peoples names in the press conferences, he's going to get replaced soon. Actually, he might have been fired by now in a normal admin.

Everything about everything that they're doing is just oozing incompetence and severely inexperienced.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: February 04, 2017, 02:30:49 pm »

Why doesn't he just resign? Well, why is Trump acting like a fascist and constantly tweeting about TV ratings and the eeeeevil CNN? Things have gone off the rails, is why. To use a dank meme: We elected Donald Trump, your argument is invalid.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: February 04, 2017, 02:36:16 pm »

An accidental moment of honesty from Sean Spicer, or a desperate cry for help? You decide.

tl'dr Sean Spicer retweeted a The Onion video about him that was titled "SeanSpicer's role in the Trump administration will be to provide the American public with robust and clearly articulated misinformation.", adding "You nailed it. Period!" in his tweet.

Have to wonder if someone in his family is being held hostage by Trump and forcing him to say stupid things, and this is some sort of cry for help...That or American Politicians really need to learn to treat Twitter as a series of mini-press statements and employ proof-readers.
Spicer has tweeted his password more than once, it's fine to be of a generation that didn't grow up with everpresent internet access/awareness/acceptance and mess things up like that, it's why those of us who aren't dicks have something of a duty to inform our parents about things like spoofed password phishing if they seem susceptible to such attacks.

Went to get my hair cut the other day, didn't have cash so the missus got her mom's debit card, and to avoid a problem she said she'd write down the pin and went off to find paper and a pen while the missus grabbed her phone and jotted it down in a note.

She's had times where she was frustrated because she couldn't print out a little picture of something from the computer down there to show her friend, with her smartphone sitting on the table beside her, they're still kind of amazed at the local wifi network I set up, and never would have thought to have their phones connect to that instead of using data at home.

Spicer pretty clearly isn't a tech-native kid, and doesn't remotely resemble a tech-savvy boomer.

Though it can backfire showing people how to use computers: Trump is very twitter-savvy, indeed one might say he is a masterful twit.

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #925 on: February 04, 2017, 02:41:28 pm »

Yeah, someone needs to sit them down and explain to them: The internet is forever so proofread your shit. Then again a lot of millennials don't seem to grasp that either. After all, how many people get caught after putting their crimes on Facebook?

As an aside, is it just me or does it look like exactly what having a functioning western democracy means needs teaching in schools because a lot of people seem to not quite grasp that "Vote for a thing and then that thing happens" is not all that defines a proper democracy.

People do realise that you can't democratically introduce a law that contradicts previous higher laws without first overturning those higher laws, right? And that restriction is a pretty fundamental part of democracy? That's why the judicial branch and governing branch are separate in a functioning democracy, and the whole point of having a constitution is defining what those lines are that democratic laws are not allowed to cross. People really don't seem to understand that the "democratic will of the people" is actually overridden by rule of the law.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 03:39:45 pm by MorleyDev »

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: February 04, 2017, 02:46:47 pm »

People do realise that you can't democratically introduce a law that contradicts previous laws without first overturning those laws, right?

Um, you can certainly do that. It is done all the time. Either you include a clause along the lines of "This Act replaces sections xxx-yyyy of the United States Code in their entirety", or you leave conflcits that the courts have to sort through later (generally favoring the newer law unless there is a Constitutional issue".
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #927 on: February 04, 2017, 03:15:47 pm »

True, I was thinking more of British Law there, which is a monstrous mismash of statute law, common law, parliamentary conventions, and works of authority. I think the term I was looking for was "contradicts a higher law"?

Which I guess is where political stuff all gets so complex, hence why there are whole university courses on it, because "Democracy is every person gets a vote" is as true as "Electrons orbit the nuclear of the atom". A simplified "lies to children" explanation, useful in some situations but dangerous when you start using it in situations where more complex interactions are required.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 03:40:02 pm by MorleyDev »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: February 04, 2017, 03:16:44 pm »

They really need to have someone, or multiple someones, vet the WH memos because today, they accidentially made John Kelly a Secretary of Defense and said that Trump talked to the President of Australia. I facepalmed when I saw that with Australia. I also note that they didn't put the name in, maybe in an attempt to avoid a mispelling.

Funny how they can spell the French* and Russian leaders just fine but have trouble with Australia.

*Technically there's supposed to be a little tail thingy under the 'c' in Francois, but I don't know how big of a deal that actually is.

Anybody know how often the Obama and Bush 43 admins (and maybe Bill Clinton) made mistakes in memos and stuff? The occasional mistake is okay, but they keep making mistake after mistake after mistake after mistake.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 03:19:26 pm by smjjames »

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: February 04, 2017, 03:40:18 pm »

[Eggman]You said there would be greatness here, Trumpman.
Yeah, it's right there, help yourself.
Where? I don't see any greatness.
Just take some, you... you...

DOUBLE KELLY!

Hello, is this Trumpman?
Yes it is, is this President Trumble?
Well, no... it's-

I'M SHITTING IN YOUR CHIMNEY![/Eggman]
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 3566