Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4225472 times)

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread: Trump Immigration Boogaloo edition
« Reply #735 on: February 03, 2017, 12:23:46 pm »

Former Norwegian PM held at Dulles airport because..... he had been to Iran in 2014.

Shows how ridiculous this whole thing is. Sure, it could be considered an outlier, but it's still ridiculous.
I dunno, after South Korea revealing that their President was literally indoctrinated by a cult, it doesn't sound so insane.
._.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: February 03, 2017, 12:24:53 pm »

Former Norwegian PM held at Dulles airport because..... he had been to Iran in 2014.

Shows how ridiculous this whole thing is. Sure, it could be considered an outlier, but it's still ridiculous.
I dunno, after South Korea revealing that their President was literally indoctrinated by a cult, it doesn't sound so insane.

Yeah but that happens in the US all the time.

Ok I am ASSUMING that the cult has influence on politicians... To admit that might be completely untrue.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: February 03, 2017, 12:25:16 pm »

Um, misquote? Your response doesn't seem to fit what you're quoting.

Also, the guy had a diplomatic passport or ID that should have let him through.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: February 03, 2017, 12:40:08 pm »

Her reaction in defending herself is just as bad 'Honest mistake. Not cool. Not journalism'.

Sorry miss Kellyanne Conway, but that's exactly what journalism is for.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: February 03, 2017, 12:52:24 pm »

Um, misquote? Your response doesn't seem to fit what you're quoting.

Also, the guy had a diplomatic passport or ID that should have let him through.
Diplomatic passport doesn't mean that he's not secretly a terrorist, though. Better to stay vigilant!
._.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: February 03, 2017, 12:57:22 pm »

Lol. In response to the 'Netherlands second' video I linked a week ago, which got over 74 million hits now, comedians from 11 countries have promised to make a similar video for their country.
So far there's 6 more:

Netherlands 2nd https://youtu.be/j-xxis7hDOE

Germany 2nd https://youtu.be/WcH9eWBs9fw

Denmark 2nd https://youtu.be/ryppmnDbqJY

Belgium 2nd https://youtu.be/fD3-mjT9_Ds

Switzerland 2nd https://youtu.be/reuJ8yVCgSM

Lithauania 2nd https://youtu.be/piri8VeFZVw

Portugal 2nd https://youtu.be/mcehg0LG5J4
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 01:24:21 pm by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: February 03, 2017, 01:20:45 pm »

Misgendering is punishable with a fine of up to $250k in New York City, so your point about 'Left wing politicians aren't doing x' falls quite flat there. Or to use my own country, we had an MP (Jess Phillips, who is absolutely terrible) laugh at the idea of debate about issues that predominantly affect men.
Lifetime NYC resident here, with A: if it's business only then who gives a shit, B: If it applies to citizens then it's right up there with jaywalking on a list of "Never enforced laws". And all importantly, C: How come none of my local, NYC based papers have reported on this? I mean the sources I find online are Washington Times and Breitbart. I found it curious that I see them reporting on it, but not anything local, which presumably would draw more coverage. So I do a bit of digging. NY Times has nothing. Daily News has nada. NY Post does have something (it's worth noting right now that NY Post is not exactly the shining beacon of journalistic integrity). However, they have an interesting variation on the regulations, with detail curiously absent from the Washington Times version:
The city insisted that accidentally misusing a transgender person’s preferred pronoun is not against the law and would not be subject to a fine.

The updated regulations are meant to address “situations in which individuals intentionally and repeatedly target transgender and gender non-conforming people with this type of harassment,” Commission spokesman Seth Hoy told the Post Thursday.

Penalties of up to $250,000 can be imposed for violations that are deemed to be the result of malicious intent.
Underlines added by me.

Combining this with the fact that the only other places I saw reporting this include the Daily Caller (what?), I'm going to suggest that it's been overblown by tabloids and other rags, and that you do us a disservice by repeating this nonsense. I mean seriously, when even the NY Post's version doesn't sound so bad, and I can't find anything else local, I'm highly suspicious indeed.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: February 03, 2017, 01:33:15 pm »

Mmm mm delicious thought crimes.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: February 03, 2017, 01:41:34 pm »

Misgendering is punishable with a fine of up to $250k in New York City, so your point about 'Left wing politicians aren't doing x' falls quite flat there. Or to use my own country, we had an MP (Jess Phillips, who is absolutely terrible) laugh at the idea of debate about issues that predominantly affect men.
Repeat after me: Its the New York TIMES and the Washington POST.  Do not cross the streams.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: February 03, 2017, 01:43:18 pm »

Her reaction in defending herself is just as bad 'Honest mistake. Not cool. Not journalism'.

... also honest mistakes don't involve inventing massacres and governmental immigration bans. Like. An honest mistake is getting the date or town wrong. Maybe mixing up the point of origin or whatev' for the people involved, or mistaking the destination of the stuff mentioned being funneled about. Stuff where's obvious you gave an honest effort to know wtf you're talking about, but was off a bit. Stuff like conway's thing there, is showing they were just pulling crap out their ass and throwing it around. At best it was a mistake brought on by willful negligence, not giving enough of a damn about what they were talking about to even attempt to covey information accurately. More likely it wasn't a mistake at all and was just yet another a bloody lie :V
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: February 03, 2017, 01:53:21 pm »

... also honest mistakes don't involve inventing massacres and governmental immigration bans. Like. An honest mistake is getting the date or town wrong. Maybe mixing up the point of origin or whatev' for the people involved, or mistaking the destination of the stuff mentioned being funneled about. Stuff where's obvious you gave an honest effort to know wtf you're talking about, but was off a bit. Stuff like conway's thing there, is showing they were just pulling crap out their ass and throwing it around. At best it was a mistake brought on by willful negligence, not giving enough of a damn about what they were talking about to even attempt to covey information accurately. More likely it wasn't a mistake at all and was just yet another a bloody lie :V

Eventually they're going to lie on something that has actual dire consequences. :P

And I don't mean the usual political spin, I mean flat out lying about something that has actual consequences, possibly with whatever the next crisis is.

Also, the 'didn't get covered' is complete BS and is implying some sort of coverup.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 01:55:45 pm by smjjames »

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #747 on: February 03, 2017, 02:04:33 pm »

I really do get tired of people insisting that the so-called plauge of SJWs yelling at people for manspreading is somehow as significant as, say, the fact that black Americans are dramatically more likely to be killed by police regardless of the situation, and that therefore, liberals and conservatives are equally bad.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: February 03, 2017, 02:10:52 pm »

I really do get tired of people insisting that the so-called plauge of SJWs yelling at people for manspreading is somehow as significant as, say, the fact that black Americans are dramatically more likely to be killed by police regardless of the situation, and that therefore, liberals and conservatives are equally bad.

In terms of killings, all the statistics I've seen show that the biggest threat to black citizens isn't the police, it's other black citizens.

That is not to say that police behavior with blacks and other minorities isn't a problem, it is.

The police violence is just one facet of the entire issue of violence in the US.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 02:13:40 pm by smjjames »

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: February 03, 2017, 02:15:47 pm »

You're flat out wrong, Sergarr. he black masked people have been reported at protests all over the nation.

It's not the same local group of rich kids who like to break windows every time, because they're involved in Washington and Berkeley on the other side of the nation.

You source some unnamed person who "happens to live there" but how does that apply to Antifa which is a national phenomena?
International, actually. 'Black bloc' has decades-old roots, and consists of a mix of groups, often anti-fascist and anti-capitalist groups. It originated to counter evolving police tactics and forceful responses to peaceful protests, with the uniform black coverings intended to prevent any individual being picked out from the group. 'Man in green sweater and blue windbreaker pants broke a window; identify him and arrest at later date' being easier than 'Person wearing all black in crowd wearing all black broke a window; identify them and arrest at later date.'

They generally see property damage as being acceptable, with the reasoning that people are more valuable than property. As such they would gladly burn down a city block if it would result in changes that might save lives. Course, they also often contain anti-capitalists who see private property as an evil to begin with, and so would gladly burn down a city block just out of protest at the fact that all of it is owned by some fat-cat landlord 500 miles away, and is 100% covered by an insurance mega-corp. Overall though, just a very ad-hoc thing, using similar tactics even if the end-goals differ a bit.

Basically, black bloc is what happens when peaceful protests turn violent, but if planning and strategy were applied to being effective at it.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 3566