Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4224155 times)

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread: Trump Immigration Boogaloo edition
« Reply #705 on: February 03, 2017, 06:15:26 am »

Okay, I know that CNN is fake news and is partisan as hell, but, hoping that they haven't invented this out of whole cloth, there are some interesting shenanigans going on in South Dakota with their recent anti-corruption law.
._.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: February 03, 2017, 06:18:04 am »

it's kinda odd how apparently the riot police were there but stood down when the violence started happening according to a few sites. Those sites are saying they were stood down for left-wing nefarious purposes, but left-wing cops is an oxymoron in America basically.

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/2218459-allegations-surface-on-twitter-that-swat-team-was-ordered-to-stand-down-in-uc-berkeley-protests/
http://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/265678/berkeley-riots-provoked-freedom-center-campaign-matthew-vadum
This same information is being circulated by both left and right wing media outlets btw:

Jenny Luna, of Mother Jones, captioned a photo she posted on Twitter: “SWAT team stands in Berkeley campus cafe, watching protesters of Milo Yiannopoulos gather in the main plaza.”
So you had reporters there from progressive sites, and there are others hinting that the riot cops were told not to intervene when the shit hit the fan. Basically, if there are dangerous rioters and the riot cops are told to let them do their business unimpeeded, then that's my warning sign for "they wanted this to happen".

Also, both left and right sites are saying they weren't Berkeley students but members of Antifa. Antifa may well be a compromised movement as their actions are clearly counter-productive to their stated goals and aims. e.g. beating up girls with sticks to protest against an anti-feminist person seems ... bizarre to say the least.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 06:25:21 am by Reelya »

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #707 on: February 03, 2017, 06:21:00 am »

That argument is equally applicable to both sides. There are some right wing people who foam at the mouth or commit violence at the idea of gay people marrying. On the other side, you get some left wing people who cry and riot and call for male genocide because of things like manspreading or being misgendered.

Violent conduct and suppression of free speech isn't acceptable from either 'side', regardless of their motivations.

Well yeah, but it's not like there are legitimate left-wing politicians calling for manspreading to be a criminal offence. Can't say the same for right-wing politicians and being gay, for example. That's the difference between individual and systemic prejudices.

As an aside, I do dislike when people claim suppression of freedom of speech from private citizens. That's not a thing. Only a government can suppress freedom of speech, because freedom of speech is freedom from government oppression. A private citizen is completely in their right to deny another person freedom of speech in private situations. Private citizens have zero obligation to provide a platform to people they disagree with. There are arguments for doing that, but it's not a fundamental right.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: February 03, 2017, 06:21:57 am »

it's kinda odd how apparently the riot police were there but stood down when the violence started happening according to a few sites. Those sites are saying they were stood down for left-wing nefarious purposes, but left-wing cops is an oxymoron in America basically.

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/2218459-allegations-surface-on-twitter-that-swat-team-was-ordered-to-stand-down-in-uc-berkeley-protests/
http://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/265678/berkeley-riots-provoked-freedom-center-campaign-matthew-vadum
This same information is being circulated by both left and right wing media outlets btw:

Jenny Luna, of Mother Jones, captioned a photo she posted on Twitter: “SWAT team stands in Berkeley campus cafe, watching protesters of Milo Yiannopoulos gather in the main plaza.”
So you had reporters there from progressive sites, and there are others hinting that the riot cops were told not to intervene when the shit hit the fan. Basically, if there are dangerous rioters and the riot cops are told to let them do their business unimpeeded, then that's my warning sign for "they wanted this to happen".
I refer you to my post that explains perfectly why the cops didn't do anything:
Apparently, according to some of the people who live there, those are "rich kids who like the sound of breaking glass", and have been wrecking shit on every public occasion since 1990s, if not earlier. They evade arrest because, one, it's apparently really hard to prove that you were rioting, and two, they have rich parents who can buy the best lawyers, and the police knows that and thus doesn't even really try to interfere.
._.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: February 03, 2017, 06:27:28 am »

Yeah, local rich kids or Antifa. But the real problem is that literally anyone can put on a black mask and break stuff and beat people up. Either way the fact that a full SWAT team was there but they made no arrests whatsoever is suspicious. Normally you have these trigger-happy cops in full riot gear who'll beat you / arrest you as soon as looking at you, yet we're supposed to believe that when against people armed with sticks they're powerless to do anything.

Look, if there are people in black balaclavas and ski masks causing violence which derail protests, then are there any videos of these people being arrested? I'm legitimately interested. If I saw one video where the police get their mask off and identify one of these people then that would be something at least. If such arrests don't happen, then why not?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 06:40:56 am by Reelya »

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: February 03, 2017, 06:28:19 am »

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: February 03, 2017, 06:33:03 am »

Groundhogs dont comprehend global climate change. Soon to be endangered due to habitat loss.

Why trust them with weather prediction?

Concerning guns:

They should just have the ATF hand out cigarettes and guns on valentine's day.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: February 03, 2017, 06:42:19 am »

Isn't that a bit crazy and regressive.
Against abortion, for killing babies. Regressive liberal naive anarchist Texan (it's a state of mind) reporting in!

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: February 03, 2017, 06:47:57 am »

I've been googling for a while now, and while I can find plenty of discussion about how these black-masked people derail many protests, I can't find much about the police actually trying to stop them. What's the news been reporting on that front? Surely there should be some arrests and interest in who's under the masks.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: February 03, 2017, 06:48:03 am »

snip

And I dislike when people parrot this argument like the first amendment is the only thing that defines free speech. Why is it not a fundamental right? Why does it deserve less protection than freedom of religion, free movement, or whatever you hold to be fundamental?

There are plenty of people who have put a lot of thought into why they value free speech beyond just pinteractions with the government, and you are not going to convince them with "You're mistaken!"

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: February 03, 2017, 06:51:03 am »

I've been googling for a while now, and while I can find plenty of discussion about how these black-masked people derail many protests, I can't find much about the police actually trying to stop them. What's the news been reporting on that front? Surely there should be some arrests and interest in who's under the masks.
Third time's the charm:
I refer you to my post that explains perfectly why the cops didn't do anything:
Apparently, according to some of the people who live there, those are "rich kids who like the sound of breaking glass", and have been wrecking shit on every public occasion since 1990s, if not earlier. They evade arrest because, one, it's apparently really hard to prove that you were rioting, and two, they have rich parents who can buy the best lawyers, and the police knows that and thus doesn't even really try to interfere.
._.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: February 03, 2017, 06:51:41 am »

Isn't that a bit crazy and regressive.
Against abortion, for killing babies. Regressive liberal naive anarchist Texan (it's a state of mind) reporting in!

And I JUST got done showing my hispanic co-worker Jonathon Swift's A Modest Proposal too.

Totally understandable. You gotta wait until the babies are frying size.

/s

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: February 03, 2017, 06:52:42 am »

You're flat out wrong, Sergarr. he black masked people have been reported at protests all over the nation.

It's not the same local group of rich kids who like to break windows every time, because they're involved in Washington and Berkeley on the other side of the nation.

You source some unnamed person who "happens to live there" but how does that apply to Antifa which is a national phenomena?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 06:54:36 am by Reelya »

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: February 03, 2017, 06:56:12 am »

I was asking for the footage of the police arresting them. There should be that footage easily available, as cameras are a common thing, and they're apparently at protests all over the nation. And don't tell me nobody would film that.

But the thing is, arresting some anarchists for doing something like that is news. I don't believe for a second that the various media would ignore it if actual anarchist groups in disguise get unmasked and revealed. The right-wing websites would lap that up for a start.

Basically people are calling them domestic terrorists, and I don't believe for a second that some of those guys labeled as domestic terrorists getting caught isn't newsworthy.

(I can find some relevant footage but it's all from Australia or Europe, nothing from America. Kinda bugs me).
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 07:03:53 am by Reelya »

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: February 03, 2017, 07:07:18 am »

You're flat out wrong, Sergarr. he black masked people have been reported at protests all over the nation.

It's not the same local group of rich kids who like to break windows every time, because they're involved in Washington and Berkeley on the other side of the nation.

You source some unnamed person who "happens to live there" but how does that apply to Antifa which is a national phenomena?
Well, I guess then that it's a national organization of rich kids who like the sound of breaking glass. Plus some Antifa people who joined in. Regardless, it's a common thing, which is why police doesn't arrest them. They know it's useless to arrest them.
._.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 3566