Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4219645 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread: Trump Immigration Boogaloo edition
« Reply #315 on: January 30, 2017, 11:22:29 pm »

I want to grab these people by the head and laugh at them, laugh until I'm blue in the face and choking on my own tongue but still laughing because it's the little snap before the big snap.

I've felt that way about since the beginning of this whole mess though, when it was between Clinton and Trump last year.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: January 30, 2017, 11:54:21 pm »

Seems FOX News and Sean Spicer spread a false theory that the Quebec mosque shooter was a Moroccan muslim.
https://theintercept.com/2017/01/30/suspect-in-quebec-mosque-attack-quickly-depicted-as-a-moroccan-muslim-hes-a-white-nationalist/

But it turns out the Moroccan man was actually part of the prayer group and was the person who called 911, not the shooter.
Of course, the right-wing media's confusion about this and refusal to retract their false story is clearly an error anyone could make.

Shub-Nullgurath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #317 on: January 31, 2017, 01:13:10 am »

Turns out the Canadian shooter seemed to have been a soldier in Afghanistan who saw his childhood friend get blown up by an IED.

Childhood friend Alexandre Bissonnette stood outside the church clutching a Canadian flag and a photo of Courcy in his army uniform.
"He was a quiet guy with strong values, a great Canadian," he said.
"I have so many memories of him, good ones that we keep for days like today."

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: January 31, 2017, 01:23:53 am »

Turns out the Canadian shooter seemed to have been a soldier in Afghanistan who saw his childhood friend get blown up by an IED.

Childhood friend Alexandre Bissonnette stood outside the church clutching a Canadian flag and a photo of Courcy in his army uniform.

So it was Muslims the entire time!

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
._.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: January 31, 2017, 04:16:07 am »

Seems FOX News and Sean Spicer spread a false theory that the Quebec mosque shooter was a Moroccan muslim.
https://theintercept.com/2017/01/30/suspect-in-quebec-mosque-attack-quickly-depicted-as-a-moroccan-muslim-hes-a-white-nationalist/

But it turns out the Moroccan man was actually part of the prayer group and was the person who called 911, not the shooter.
Of course, the right-wing media's confusion about this and refusal to retract their false story is clearly an error anyone could make.

Hey, to be honest plenty of media, not only right-wing, said it was a Morroccan-Canadian and a Quebequois.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: January 31, 2017, 05:07:33 am »

Indeed, initially every major and minor newspaper in the world reported two people had been arrested, a Moroccan and a Canadian. It took about a day for the police to release him, and newspapers to add that to their articles.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: January 31, 2017, 05:13:49 am »

Apparently he was giving first aid when the cops showed up. Seeing a guy with a gun, he panicked and fled, and this being Canada, not the US, the cops arrested him instead of shooting him. It then took some times to clear things up.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: January 31, 2017, 05:14:58 am »

I'm reading up on the history of both people. I think you'll find Alexandre Bissonnette was completely bullshitting about being childhood friends with the dead soldier. And Bissonnette was not a soldier, the photo was of Courcy in his uniform. It's not stated that Bissonnette was serving in Afghanistan either, you need to be more careful reading between the lines there.

Do we have anyone else's say-so that he was childhood friends with the soldier? Let's read up about where they grew up:

According to his Facebook page, Bissonnette is from Cap-Rouge, Quebec, about 15 minutes from the mosque. He recently moved to an apartment in Quebec City near the mosque, a neighbor told the CBC. But he was seen often at his parent’s home, she said.

Bissonnette has a twin brother, a high school classmate told Le Journal de Quebec.

“Apart from his twin brother, I did not see him with other people,” said Mikael Labrecque Berger, in French. He said Bissonnette was an “unpopular nerd,” and was not always taken seriously by classmates.

“He replied to insults, but never with physical violence,” Labrecque Berger said, adding that he and his twin brother didn’t integrate with other students. They were usually only seen together, he said.

He grew up in Saint-Marc-sur-Richelieu, where a park now bears his name. Except for the time he threw snowballs at cars, and got stopped by police, he gave his mother little trouble. He loved war games and never outgrew a fascination with guns.

Looking good was a priority. He was tall, preferred a shaved head to his naturally wavy locks, and hit the gym regularly. At his high school prom, he borrowed a look from his action hero, James Bond — he was the only student wearing a white tuxedo jacket. “He was so proud,” his mother says.
He was a soldier in the 2nd Battalion, Royal 22nd Regiment — the historic Vandoos — based in Valcartier, Quebec. He cut a dashing figure in uniform: women at local bars, he’d boast to his mother, regularly bought him drinks.

Yeah, there's no fucking way Nerdy McLoserface and Nerdy McBrotherface from Quebec City were childhood friends with this rugged farmboy from near Montreal who was proud of what he wore to school prom.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 06:01:34 am by Reelya »

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: January 31, 2017, 05:45:13 am »

Can someone list off the changes Donald J. Trump plans for the country?

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: January 31, 2017, 05:48:06 am »

I think he doesn't PLAN anything, he's like impulsiveness squared.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: January 31, 2017, 06:07:21 am »

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: January 31, 2017, 06:08:59 am »

Meanwhile, back in Trumpland...

Well... This is getting more and more creepy...

Well, I dunno it seems normal to me. I mean, she refused to defend her boss policy after all.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: January 31, 2017, 06:18:13 am »

I think he doesn't PLAN anything, he's like impulsiveness squared.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbyekup6i6U
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 3566