Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4218669 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread: Trump Immigration Boogaloo edition
« Reply #300 on: January 30, 2017, 09:53:45 pm »

This isn't Twitter :P
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: January 30, 2017, 09:55:43 pm »

Tweet him and say your family was killed by a Muslim illegal immigrant who worked for the Clinton Foundation, he'll get back to you.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: January 30, 2017, 10:00:15 pm »

Eh, fuck off. I depart.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: January 30, 2017, 10:00:55 pm »

The only positive announcement has been restricting H1B visas for tech jobs. But that's only positive if you're someone who's competing with that worker. Basically like saying if you were an olympic ice skater it would be great if someone went and broke all the other ice skater's legs.

Clearly, if they hire an American rather than an Indian graduate that's good for the American guy. But it drives up prices and/or reduces profits, so somewhere down the line there are less jobs in America for someone else because of that. That's not a value judgement, it's just an observation. And also, instead of the talented Indian graduate working in America you're now competing with him, but he's in Indian earning Indian wages for an Indian company. If you couldn't compete with him when he has to pay to live in America what chance d'yall think you'll have competing with him in India?

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: January 30, 2017, 10:02:33 pm »

Eh, fuck off. I depart.

Hmm? you pm'd me accussing me of trolling and you can't cope with what's clearly intended as sarcastic humor from another poster, and respond with profanity to that. Perhaps you need to be able to tell the difference between humor/sarcasm and trolling.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 10:05:05 pm by Reelya »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: January 30, 2017, 10:04:49 pm »

Eh, fuck off. I depart.

Hmm? you pm'd me accussing me of trolling and you can't cope with what's clearly intended as sarcastic humor from another poster, and respond with profanity to that. Perhaps you need to be able to tell the difference between humor/sarcasm and trolling.

Dunno if he's drunk. I'd just ignore it....

Though if he's bothering you in PMs, you should tell Toady One on that.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: January 30, 2017, 10:05:31 pm »

Normally I would but he pm'd me last night with some vague accusations (I asked him to give examples and didn't hear from him again) so it got my attention.

EDIT: I don't mind people pm'ing me if they have a problem with some of my posts, but I prefer specific complaints (i.e. when,where) to "you're a troll" out of the blue from someone I've never had a discussion with.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 10:08:31 pm by Reelya »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: January 30, 2017, 10:08:10 pm »

lel, CNN is already labelling it (at least the title anyway) "Monday night massacre", it's only one person. Kind of overblowing it a little.

Nobody's actually calling it that though, as far as I can tell.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 10:10:20 pm by smjjames »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: January 30, 2017, 10:16:38 pm »

I suspect that was meant for the Great Music thread, ispil.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: January 30, 2017, 10:17:08 pm »

Is it too soon to start blaming things on the fact that it's 2017?

I transcribed this a while back.

Wrong thread, but that is an excellent piece of music.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: January 30, 2017, 10:40:03 pm »

It's 2016 Part 2, not 2017. Get it right.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: January 30, 2017, 10:43:29 pm »

It's like one of those movies where they think it was all a dream then they see the thing. It's still 2016, you just haven't woken up yet.

BTW do we have any news on infrastructure ideas from Trump that aren't the Wall and oil pipelines? Because if those are the only things, then I think his big infrastructure building idea is going to flop.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: January 30, 2017, 10:59:03 pm »

Haven't heard anything on infrastructure yet, he just hasn't gotten around to it.

Chances are that he'll completely ignore those who are supposed to be conferred with before the EO (though this is probably more Congresses area) and write up something that is stupid and makes no sense.

edit: There is a draft plan running around though: http://www.newsobserver.com/news/politics-government/state-politics/article129629789.html

the really, really, rough draft itself: https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/3409546-Emergency-NatSec50Projects-121416-1-Reduced.html

edit2: Looked at the draft and it looks like a mishmash of a bunch of different things, theres some that are extremely local like fixing one tunnel, and others which have much wider effects. Could also be broken down into different infrastructure subgroups. Though it is an extremely rough and unofficial draft.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 11:07:27 pm by smjjames »

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: January 30, 2017, 11:16:59 pm »

Hmm some tweets are being popped up on reddit. Same posters, before and after the Trumpocalypse. e.g.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Basically, a ton of people are tweeting about how OMG I GOING TO LOSE MY OBAMACARE SUBSIDIES who previously tweeted about how great it was that they were voting for Trump. I mean I don't get how you could have not known that was going to happen, as that was one of Trump's central campaign promises.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: January 30, 2017, 11:20:33 pm »

BTW I forgot to link the reddit thread they came from :
https://www.reddit.com/r/Trumpgret/
Normally this would be like gossip, but it's a good snapshot of how Trump voters are being affected by his policies along with everyone else. This one stood out:

It's much like the "First they came" ... this person basically made the assumption that whoever was going to be caught up by this it was other people, because they drew a line between themselves "good people" and "bad people" who would get caught up in "anti-bad people rules" written by Strongman Politician. The problem was believing that.

Basically if Strongman Politician says he's going to "get" a certain group of people, never believe the qaulifiers put on that. You need to assume you're going to get swept up in the pogrom if you have maybe 20% similarity between the targeted group and yourself. Sure, a secular Arab from Iraq might see a world of difference between themselves and a Islamic extremist Arab from Iraq, so they assume they're not going to be the one caught in the porgrom. But to a wealthy white American Christian conservative, you're basically the same thing.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 11:39:39 pm by Reelya »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 3566