Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 647 648 [649] 650 651 ... 3569

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4245138 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread: The Russian shoe deepens
« Reply #9720 on: July 28, 2017, 01:53:37 pm »

Well sure. Not really many better targets to yell at considering he's not going to be around to hold a grudge or somethin'. Him being yelled at is just an extension of the huge god-damned favor (that functionally cost mccain very little, since he's, y'know, going to be dead soon), letting a disproportionate amount of the vitriol the latest failure generates fall on the one guy involved here that has pretty much zero chance of mattering much past the next few years, if that long.

Hell, if I were trying to engineer this kind of thing, getting mccain on board with being the primary "villain" involved would be a pretty obvious step. Any political capital he has left to spend isn't going to be around much longer, and whatever flak he catches is flak that doesn't hit the other two sacrifices or the rest of the party that may still be there in a decade. If you're going to martyr someone you might as well squeeze as much out of it as you can, yeah?

E: And in other news... russia's decided today was a good day to seize US properties and demand our embassy to cut stuff. These last few days probably haven't been that pleasant for some of the folks in our government.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 02:09:37 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9721 on: July 28, 2017, 02:37:21 pm »

petition to replace all congresscritters with deathbed patients
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9722 on: July 28, 2017, 02:54:02 pm »

petition to replace all congresscritters with deathbed patients

We're working on it, considering the average age in that nuthouse.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #9723 on: July 28, 2017, 02:59:55 pm »

... what? Like, pushing for something else is good, but doing it right now would be kinda' pointless. There's fuck all way they could win a vote for something like that until the 2018 elections are over at best, and it's fairly likely not even then.

Making intimations toward something like that (which, hell, m-whatever expansion would count as a starting/continuing point, and it still needs to be spread out a bit) would be fine, but burning political capital on it right now would be the exact opposite of wanting to win.

It would force the Republicans to fight in defense of Obamacare. And it would prove that Democrats are different: they have an actual plan.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9724 on: July 28, 2017, 03:22:10 pm »

Wh. Why in the world would you think the GOP would fight in the ACA's defense in that situation?

They'd shit mightily on both. That assuming they didn't use current control of congress to make sure it never made it to the floor. Probably attempt to leverage the effort for another go at repealing the ACA,* and/or do their damnedest to make sure to tangle up things enough to take pressure off other areas pertinent to the upcoming election.

Like, there is not a scenario not involving cocaine laced laudanum where the GOP would speak in defense of obamacare in the face of something like that. They'd piss fire on everything and somehow double down on calling the ACA shit, something that's questionably physically possible at this point.

* The cries of hypocrisy write themselves if the dems tried repeal and replace after these last few months. Improve or supplement, you could get. Maybe replace, even, though I doubt actually saying that outright would go well. Starting to babble about repealing would give the GOP enough material to start a house fire.
Ask not!
Ask!

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9725 on: July 28, 2017, 04:11:43 pm »

It dawned on me -- picking a guy who has indications of having Tourette's Syndrome as your fucking communications director might be the most Trumpian thing imaginable.

"Can you explain the WH's strategy with this latest move?"
"Well, it's very simple. The President shitcocktitlickerdouchefuckass. Why don't you guys ever talk about that, huh??"
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 04:13:31 pm by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9726 on: July 28, 2017, 04:14:23 pm »

Have to see how it goes, heh. Signs point to raging dumpster fire, but maybe that's an improvement.

Also, hey, priebus is out. "General/Secretary" kelly is the new chief of staff, apparently.

E: Though that does mean we're getting a new secretary of homeland security. Gods know who's going to end up with that.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 04:21:14 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #9727 on: July 28, 2017, 04:23:18 pm »

Have to see how it goes, heh. Signs point to raging dumpster fire, but maybe that's an improvement.

Also, hey, priebus is out. "General/Secretary" kelly is the new chief of staff, apparently.

E: Though that does mean we're getting a new secretary of homeland security. Gods know who's going to end up with that.

At this rate, Bart Simpson.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #9728 on: July 28, 2017, 04:31:12 pm »

Holy shit, the house of cards is collapsing.  Trump turned on Sessions (and apparently Republican Senators really, really do NOT want Sessions fired), the chief of staff is out, Spicer is out and his replacement is calling out Bannon.  Trump Jr. could legitimately end up with criminal charges.  There's not gonna be anyone left soon.  INB4 his wife files for divorce next week.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9729 on: July 28, 2017, 04:32:24 pm »

My guess would be your new Director Homeland Security, Sergey Kislyak. After all, he's already familiar with much of the administration, Washington, and the United States' military and intelligence capabilities.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9730 on: July 28, 2017, 04:35:20 pm »

That brings up an interesting question. If she divorces Trump, what happens to her Secret Service detail? Hell, what if she doesn't divorce him but just leaves and starts living off her personal accounts? I have to wonder what recourse Trump would attempt.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9731 on: July 28, 2017, 04:37:59 pm »

Oh, dear me, you americuns. You zany.
Takes one's mind off the low-level bullshit that goes on in one's own country. And for that, I thank thee. Your sacrifice is bigly appreciated.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9732 on: July 28, 2017, 04:42:28 pm »

That brings up an interesting question. If she divorces Trump, what happens to her Secret Service detail? Hell, what if she doesn't divorce him but just leaves and starts living off her personal accounts? I have to wonder what recourse Trump would attempt.

I'm looking at precedent where the president is unmarried or a widower (no divorces yet but I suppose they'd work similarly?) and the First Lady title seems to pass to female relatives in that case, such as sisters, daughters-in-law... and daughters too.

First Lady Ivanka Trump: it's different when you're President!

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #9733 on: July 28, 2017, 04:44:33 pm »

Also, the wife of Anthony "The Mooch" Scaramucci (I really wish that that wasn't his nickname, but as its the nickname he used for himself) has filed for divorce, citing his "naked political ambition". One imagines that he regrets a little of his interview now.

Also, if we need a new secretary that's some pretty bad news for Trump, as cabinet secretaries need even more work to confirm. Same goes for Sessions if he ever manages to figure out where he left his "You're Fired" schtick. Which means more departments which are fundamentally rudderless.

I'm not sure how to feel about this. If Trump surrounds himself with nutters whose only qualification are intense loyalty to Trump (which appears to be the case with Scaramucci, if that rant to the New Yorker is anything to go by), there'll be fewer people to nag him when he wants to do something stupid. And I'm somewhat terrified of the possibility that Bannon, of all people (who at least seems like he's going to stick this out until the cows come home), may become one of the few remaining checks on Trump's poor decision-making skills. I mean I really did not like Trump's cabinet before, but at least it seems like it was composed of people with different agendas, some of which included the Public Good (as they saw fit). But if Trump is, as he appears to be doing with Sessions, firing people for what they are legally obligated to do...
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #9734 on: July 28, 2017, 04:45:28 pm »

It's pretty typical that people connected directly to the first family get SS protection even after they've stopped being the first family.

So I imagine she'd still have a SS detail for a few years if she divorced him.

Man, a divorce. I seriously doubt that'd happen during his term but that shit would be a full on RealityTV circus were it to happen. Another first for the Trump Administration!
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 647 648 [649] 650 651 ... 3569