Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 610 611 [612] 613 614 ... 3569

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4244822 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread: The Russian shoe deepens
« Reply #9165 on: July 15, 2017, 04:46:11 pm »

Kid Rock is planning to run for Senate in Michigan.

I thought we had reached the bottom of the barrel when it came to candidate qualifications, but no....the barrel had a false bottom with another barrel below that.

Sure, maybe it's just a marketing stunt for a new album or something, but then again it's the post-2016 era.
"Most coke snorted out of a hooker's asshole" actually MIGHT be an accomplishment Republican voters would gravitate towards.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9166 on: July 15, 2017, 04:58:54 pm »

Kid Rock is planning to run for Senate in Michigan.

I thought we had reached the bottom of the barrel when it came to candidate qualifications, but no....the barrel had a false bottom with another barrel below that.

Sure, maybe it's just a marketing stunt for a new album or something, but then again it's the post-2016 era.
"Most coke snorted out of a hooker's asshole" actually MIGHT be an accomplishment Republican voters would gravitate towards.

There was the Ventura guy (former wrestler) who ran for Governor, Schwarzenegger..... probably all of those nutty candidates that the Tea Party put up....

Faking a Senate run just to do a marketing stunt is rather scummy of him, but eh, what's one gonna do about it anyway?

Also, how the hell do you search in the Federal Election Commission if a candidate recently filed their candidacy? Dang somewhat byzantine government designed site *grumble*.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9167 on: July 15, 2017, 05:05:17 pm »

Actors as elected officials was a barrier already breached (rather spectacularly) by Reagan.

And Ventura and Schwarzenegger, for whatever else you can say about them, actually had platforms and policies.
My guess for Kid Rock's platform would be a "a bitch on every nut, and two on Sundays".

I mean, where does it end? Chief Justice Honey Boo Boo?

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9168 on: July 15, 2017, 05:10:44 pm »

If he actually does run, lets see if he actually puts down a platform and policies, but then again, Trump got away with barebones policies. Whether one can actually get away with it in a state level campaign remains to be seen since Trump may have gotten away with barebones policies despite having them, not because he had them.

Regardless of whether he is actually running or not, the Democrats are definetly taking this seriously,
« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 05:15:34 pm by smjjames »

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9169 on: July 15, 2017, 05:39:38 pm »

I'd say less "taking this seriously" and more "taking this as a fundraising opportunity". There is nothing that the Dems can't turn into a "This is why we need you to send us money" email.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #9170 on: July 15, 2017, 05:46:37 pm »

I'd vote for him.  Not voting for insane candidates in Current Year is voting against America.  The word of the day is "acceleration"
Shoes...

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9171 on: July 15, 2017, 05:50:08 pm »

Faking a Senate run just to do a marketing stunt is rather scummy of him, but eh, what's one gonna do about it anyway?
It's not an unconsidered opinion that Trump actually faked (yet another1) run for President, a couple of years ago, just for the publicity, then got completely surprised that it actually got legs, and got to where it eventually did...

1 Explored the possibility in 1988, 2000, 2004, and 2012; and actually ran in 2000 for the Reform Party.  "Critics questioned the seriousness of Trump's campaign and speculated that it was a tactic to strengthen his brand and sell books."

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9172 on: July 15, 2017, 05:50:23 pm »

Well, they'd better take him seriously. Not taking Trump seriously from the start was the first and one of the biggest mistakes both parties made. Course, hindsight is 20/20 here.

I'd vote for him.  Not voting for insane candidates in Current Year is voting against America.  The word of the day is "acceleration"

Kid Rock is certainly quite the character, but I wouldn't say insane neccesarily. He talks trash, yes, but so do most other rock stars.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #9173 on: July 15, 2017, 06:39:48 pm »

There is nothing that the Dems can't turn into a "This is why we need you to send us money" email.

This is so pathetically true.

And I think a lot of people in Indiana would vote for Kid Rock...  I doubt Michigan is too much different.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9174 on: July 15, 2017, 06:44:45 pm »

There is nothing that the Dems can't turn into a "This is why we need you to send us money" email.

Meh, this is applicable to the Republicans as well, or any politician really. Not like there are laws saying you need to restrict the reasons why you're fundraising.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9175 on: July 15, 2017, 07:20:57 pm »

Meh, this is applicable to the Republicans as well, or any politician really. Not like there are laws saying you need to restrict the reasons why you're fundraising.
Oh, absolutely. It just leaves a bad taste in my mouth for a party that's supposed to be the "high road" option against that evil, nasty party that takes advantage of poor people.

It's like someone who's fighting televangelism asking me to send them money and put my hand against the TV screen.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9176 on: July 15, 2017, 08:42:52 pm »

Ain't a party that's not functionally nonexistent that can operate without the dosh, unfortunately. Goddamn country's too big.

Least most of the dem stuff I've personally seen doing the cash begging isn't really going hard for outright exploitation, particularly not of actually poor folks. Regardless of if they're capable of spinning anything into a donation solicitation, they don't actually seem to tend to just fuck something out of the aether. It's political stuff to keep the offices running and investment literal and figurative up and crap, but there's that and then there's what the rep material likes to look like, bleh.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #9177 on: July 15, 2017, 10:15:21 pm »

Oh, absolutely. It just leaves a bad taste in my mouth for a party that's supposed to be the "high road" option against that evil, nasty party that takes advantage of poor people.

It's like someone who's fighting televangelism asking me to send them money and put my hand against the TV screen.

Democrats are not the high road.  The high road is not voting, or voting for the candidate most likely to implode the system.
Shoes...

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #9178 on: July 15, 2017, 10:29:42 pm »

Uh... that means voting for Trump is the high road?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9179 on: July 15, 2017, 10:44:53 pm »

Uh... that means voting for Trump is the high road?

Some men just want to watch the world meme.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again
Pages: 1 ... 610 611 [612] 613 614 ... 3569