Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 479 480 [481] 482 483 ... 3573

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4270666 times)

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread: Russia scandal investigation rumbles onward
« Reply #7200 on: June 02, 2017, 09:07:22 pm »

NYT: The opposite of responsible journalism
https://pjmedia.com/trending/2017/06/02/the-new-york-times-learned-the-name-of-the-new-cia-operations-head-for-iran-and-guess-what-happened/

Quote from: The NYT
But both programs were led by some of the same people. The C.I.A. asked that Mr. D’Andrea’s name and the names of some other top agency officials be withheld from this article, but The New York Times is publishing them because they have leadership roles in one of the government’s most significant paramilitary programs and their roles are known to foreign governments and many others.

And that's from their 2015 article when they mention him. The Times makes a salient point that, if nothing else, his identity is already not a secret. It toes the line for me but ultimately they have not outed anyone.

While it's not exactly the same as outing a spy, this still seems to fall under the same sort of stupid idea as saluting an officer in a combat zone. Yeah, nothing may happen, but there might be a sniper watching, looking for someone important to shoot and that salute just said you're at least more important than the nobody that saluted you.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7201 on: June 03, 2017, 04:18:49 am »

Paris conference cartoon

http://www.volkskrant.nl/foto/collignon-2~p4368444/4502111/
"ALAHU AKHB.. Oh, never mind, I'm no longer required"
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7202 on: June 03, 2017, 11:28:41 am »

Thing about Milo Yiannopoulos's new media venture
http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/04/milo-yiannopoulos-new-media-venture

The most interesting thing was what Milo says his source of future talent consists of:

“I’m the proof of concept,” he said, but added that he hoped to eventually expand the company. “The thing about me is that I have access to a talent pipeline that no one else even knows about. All the funniest, smartest, most interesting young YouTubers and all the rest of them who hate feminism, who hate political correctness. This generation that’s coming up, it’s about 13, 14, 15, now have very different politics than most other generations. They love us. They love me

That's it. His source of talent is literally 13 year old youtube commenters. Considering what got him fired from Breitbart he should call it PNN: Pedo News Network.

Hey Milo, you know it might not be the smartest-looking move after you've been accused of promoting pedophilia, to announce you're starting a business venture that focuses on how much underage boys love you.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2017, 11:35:10 am by Reelya »

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #7203 on: June 03, 2017, 11:33:40 am »

Lol. He's like a younger sounding Trump with chintzier looking bro accessories.

I think he'll be surprised how fast 13 year olds can turn on him when they start making money and their balls drop.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #7204 on: June 03, 2017, 12:38:06 pm »

Man, don't go saying things that could get people thinking about ways to prevent that. Wouldn't be the first music/etc. venture that had a "solution" for it.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7205 on: June 03, 2017, 03:36:25 pm »

@reelya: And it doesn't help with one particular stereotype about gays.

Now that the hurricane season has begun, some observers and ret. Lt. Gen. Russel Honoré (the guy who took lead on Katrina recovery efforts) are saying that the vacant leader positions could lead to trouble. The two main agencies, NOAA and FEMA, say that they're ready and prepared, but we've seen what bad leadership can do, time will tell if having no appointed leaders in there is worse.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7206 on: June 03, 2017, 04:14:14 pm »

The market provides better emergency response than any government agency. Abolish FEMA. People aren't prepared because big daddy government tells them he will do it for them.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7207 on: June 03, 2017, 04:15:45 pm »

honestly, why don't the parasites just drive themselves to the hospital, jeez

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7208 on: June 03, 2017, 04:16:41 pm »

It's true, I don't have even a single plastic coffin to seal my neighbor's corpses in when they're taken by the storm.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7209 on: June 03, 2017, 04:23:21 pm »

unprepared

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7210 on: June 03, 2017, 04:24:15 pm »

The market provides better emergency response than any government agency. Abolish FEMA. People aren't prepared because big daddy government tells them he will do it for them.

Doesn't Australia have something similar when a major flood hits or a cyclone hits? Though it's not particularly common for hurricanes to hit Australia I don't think.

FEMA also helps with disaster relief, or rather is supposed to.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7211 on: June 03, 2017, 04:28:50 pm »

Yeah, I think our version is a bit more functional than yours though. At least nobody even on the far right is calling for it to be abolished:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_Emergency_Service

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7212 on: June 03, 2017, 04:43:32 pm »

Hm, it seems to be more decentralized with states having their own branch of it and the commissioner (or whatever) is appointed by the governor (wiki says minister though).

Which makes sense I suppose. Though the states (in the US) already have their own disaster response stuff.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7213 on: June 03, 2017, 04:50:49 pm »

We have this as well, but I hadn't really heard of it before:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emergency_Management_Australia

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7214 on: June 03, 2017, 04:53:45 pm »

I figure if a hurricane actually hit Oz it would wind up raining spiders and blue ringed octopodes anyways, so it would just be a matter of handing out umbrellas and galoshes?
Pages: 1 ... 479 480 [481] 482 483 ... 3573