Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 420 421 [422] 423 424 ... 3563

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4152940 times)

Rusty Shackleford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread: Trump fires FBI Dir. Comey, sheneinighans abound
« Reply #6315 on: May 14, 2017, 05:25:33 pm »

You're mixing apples and oranges. As Ispil and yours truly stated above, B12 and B1 are different things. And anyway, if you're drinking enough to run a vitamin B1 (aka thiamine,) deficit odds are your problem is bigger than what OTC supplements will be able to fix (namely, because your liver is busted), so you should be looking for professional help at that point.

*Mind you, not to say that a chronic alcoholics cannot run a vitamin B12 deficit. They do in fact develop a number of malnutrition issues. I've never seen severe B12 deficiency in this context, however.

Thiamin (B1) is the main B vitamin that alcoholics develop a lack of. Its also supposed to have something to do with hangovers and its the nain culprit for neurological damage found in alcoholics.

Anyways, it doesn't hurt to take a B supplement besides making your pee smell like vitamins. Like $13 dollars buys 500 days worth.

Calcium, magnesium and vitamin d are other things some people are deficient in.

True I only had one patient admitted to the ER and it turned out to be a calcium deficiency. Patient was a 57 year old man complained of his arms being 'almost like' possessed. Had seizures, muscle spasms. His diet consisted entirely of toasted white bread and vodka.

Why they enrich that shitty white bread too, but it lacks calcium citrate.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6316 on: May 14, 2017, 05:28:02 pm »

Yes, you're probably better off spending money on food than on notfood + supplements.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #6317 on: May 14, 2017, 05:29:48 pm »

What about sun vitamin for us northern winter folks?
Love, scriver~

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #6319 on: May 14, 2017, 08:07:55 pm »

At least one thing was circumspect on that list. "Allow employees to use personal emails to conduct government business" refers to an article that says some higher-up Trump staff like Connway had email addresses registered with the RNC, which they claim was for a mailing list. The article mentions a lot of "If's" in that article, rather than proof.

Granted it's an op-ed piece but still.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6320 on: May 14, 2017, 10:19:50 pm »

At least one thing was circumspect on that list. "Allow employees to use personal emails to conduct government business" refers to an article that says some higher-up Trump staff like Connway had email addresses registered with the RNC, which they claim was for a mailing list. The article mentions a lot of "If's" in that article, rather than proof.
"Allow employees to use personal emails to conduct government business"
nobody sees any irony in this?

jesus nyt.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6321 on: May 14, 2017, 11:13:08 pm »

The irony is obviously the point (but I'm not sure how you're interpreting it). The author probably doesn't care if Trump lets officials use personal email accounts, but the Republicans did care quite a bit when it was Clinton (or at least pretended to), so of course it'd be naked hypocrisy if Trump did do the same thing and Republicans said nothing.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 11:16:52 pm by UrbanGiraffe »

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #6322 on: May 14, 2017, 11:48:35 pm »

jesus nyt.
I think you just got out ironied actually. The point isn't even that everything Trump does is evil and bad and wrong (although some of it is, certainly). The point is that Trump does things Republicans haven't let Democrats do, whether or not they are right to do so.

This reminds of that SCP which was a prank SCP designed to parody the Foundation (in-universe). It was great because half of the comment section thought it was amazingly obvious and that there was no way the Foundation wouldn't immediately see through it, and the other half had no idea what the point of the SCP was. and didn't see through it at all.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 11:52:22 pm by misko27 »
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

uber pye

• Bay Watcher
  • murderhobo extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6323 on: May 15, 2017, 12:26:52 am »

The point is that Trump does things Republicans haven't let Democrats do, whether or not they are right to do so.

i thought the whole "its evil when you do it but its good when we do it" thing is just status quo for politics.
"Immortal" just means that you haven't killed it hard enough

X-MAS TIME!!!!!
the mad immortal child! xmas themed

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6324 on: May 15, 2017, 01:20:52 am »

It starts with a nudge, then it's a wink, then it becomes say no more say no more know what I mean?

By the way, I am highly upset that this did not get more appreciation.

;)
Love, scriver~

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6325 on: May 15, 2017, 02:19:50 am »

It starts with a nudge, then it's a wink, then it becomes say no more say no more know what I mean?

;)
What did you expect? Surely not the Spanish Inquisition...  :P

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6326 on: May 15, 2017, 04:45:23 am »

jesus nyt.
I think you just got out ironied actually. The point isn't even that everything Trump does is evil and bad and wrong (although some of it is, certainly). The point is that Trump does things Republicans haven't let Democrats do, whether or not they are right to do so.

This reminds of that SCP which was a prank SCP designed to parody the Foundation (in-universe). It was great because half of the comment section thought it was amazingly obvious and that there was no way the Foundation wouldn't immediately see through it, and the other half had no idea what the point of the SCP was. and didn't see through it at all.

Skippy, right?
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6327 on: May 15, 2017, 05:36:54 am »

;)
What did you expect? Surely not the Spanish Inquisition...  :P

Well you know sometimes I do miss a like post function on these forums.
Love, scriver~

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #6328 on: May 15, 2017, 06:37:25 am »

You know, on one hand there is something nice about the fact that every post stands on their own merits and there's none of the terrible internet politics that come along with likes and stuff.

But on the other hand, sometimes you post and you can't tell if anyone noticed you were there. It's especially prominent in emotion threads (it's not like someone has something witty to say about every emotional response everyone has ever, but if no one responds you don't know), and when I do info dumps here every so often.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6329 on: May 15, 2017, 07:48:43 am »

Hah, Republican senator Mike Lee demands that Trump hands over the taped conversations between him and Comey, or he will have to get them through a court order.

I can see it already.

"Mr. President, this is the police. We have a search warrant for your White House. Please step outside while we tear the place up."
What would followis the CIA and secret service opening fire on the police to protect state secrets.

Trump did get himself in kindof a mess with the Comey tweet, didn't he.
If he was bluffing, and there were no tapes, he would have been threatening and lying.
If there are tapes, it would be the new Watergate, only on a bigger scale than the last one.
If there were tapes, but they are destroyed, he'll be impeached for obstructing justice.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 07:56:56 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479
Pages: 1 ... 420 421 [422] 423 424 ... 3563