Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 381 382 [383] 384 385 ... 3563

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4150265 times)

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I got started early. Most people are much more tolerant of the super sweet and heavily creamed coffees. It wasn't until my mid 20s that I actually started drinking it black because hey... sometimes you get up and you just don't want to deal with finding a spoon. But yeah, if you WANT to drink coffee for whatever reason, start sweet and milky and wean your way down to something resembling black coffee. I want to say to stay away from the weak stuff too, because weak coffee tastes worse than strong coffee... but... that's just personal opinion.

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The real question is: why would I want to drink something as awful as coffee when I can drink water?

Because you know....you got water.....and you make it worse....
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The real question is: why would I want to drink something as awful as coffee when I can drink water?

Because you know....you got water.....and you make it worse....
Why not tea? Its the superior drink obviously.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile

Why not water?

Good clear tap water from a rural well. No purification chemicals, no plastic bottles. Just good old (slightly hard) well water.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Meanwhile (click to show/hide)
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile

You guys are making me thirsty.

Stop.

EDIT: OK, I admit, I am largely at fault here with my "why not water?" post.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 04:21:15 pm by milo christiansen »
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I live in the city with some of the worst tasting water in my country :P

It does occasionally make me retch.

Ricky

• Bay Watcher
  • Ancient Wizard Dance.
    • View Profile

Oh, I didn't know you were from Flint! /s

Personally, the best drink on planet Earth is Arizona green tea.

Ah, I wish I had been lucky enough to be scum.
I'd make such great scum...

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile

I was reading this thread, and thought to myself "Oh, this is silly." so I left. Then I found myself on the front page of general discussion, and I thought "Oh, let's check Ameripol!" So I click the link and find myself back here, and for a moment I think I've finally lost my mind.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile

The tea vs coffee debate is as polarizing as politics.  Myself I prefer liquid candy Dr Pepper.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: CoffeeRol Thread: Is there really a benefit to coffee biscuts?
« Reply #5740 on: May 05, 2017, 06:21:24 pm »

I was reading this thread, and thought to myself "Oh, this is silly." so I left. Then I found myself on the front page of general discussion, and I thought "Oh, let's check Ameripol!" So I click the link and find myself back here, and for a moment I think I've finally lost my mind.
misko, are you feeling alright? We don't have any thread by that name. Sit down and have some coffee.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, I didn't know you were from Flint! /s

Personally, the best drink on planet Earth is Arizona green tea.

Speaking of good ol' Flint

Thousands of Flint, Mich., residents have been warned that they could lose their homes if they don’t pay outstanding water bills — even as the city has just begun replacing lead-tainted pipes after a contamination crisis linked to a dozen deaths.

Warning letters were mailed to 8,002 residents in April, according to the city, a few weeks after state officials ended a program that was paying the majority of their water bills.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/energy-environment/wp/2017/05/04/the-latest-in-flints-water-crisis-pay-for-it-or-lose-your-home/
Even the avatars expire eventually.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile

How about a Boston coffee party. To protest Trump's YUGE tax cuts that will make your wallet great again, spend all your tax gains on Mexican coffee.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The tea vs coffee debate is as polarizing as politics.  Myself I prefer liquid candy Dr Pepper.

I flummox everyone by preferring hot chocolate.
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

misko, are you feeling alright? We don't have any thread by that name. Sit down and have some coffee.

Lol you guys.

Guess how many women are on the Senate panel working on healthcare? zero.

Now guess their reason for not including women. Identity politics.
Pages: 1 ... 381 382 [383] 384 385 ... 3563