Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3570 3571 [3572]

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4262644 times)

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #53565 on: Today at 10:45:52 am »

Michigan AG making announcement and taking questions, the short of it is 3 election workers and 4 voters conspired to commit voter fraud. The voters voted by mail then arrived to vote in person. The people working the frontline saw that those voters were flagged as having mail-in ballots, they contacted the office and the election workers cleared the ballot conflict on the machine so the second votes could be cast.

This is in one of the swingiest counties in the swingy state. I'm not sure even if these 7 were masked in red or blue paints.
Quote from: dragdeler
There is something to be said about, if the stakes are as high, maybe reconsider your certitudes. One has to be aggressively allistic to feel entitled to be able to trust. But it won't happen to me, my bit doesn't count etc etc... Just saying, after my recent experiences I couldn't trust the public if I wanted to. People got their risk assessment neurons rotten and replaced with game theory. Folks walk around like fat turkeys taunting the world to slaughter them.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53566 on: Today at 11:14:01 am »

Somehow, more trustworthy than corporate america.

It's a really low bar, okay?
I guess the underlying point is that I don't see them as two different things. It's one ecosystem.

Duuvian, I'm not even gonna bother reading that.
It's not "one ecosystem", you're talking about regulatory capture and corruption. Which are not normal processes of a government, and shouldn't be even when the government is clearly on the side of defending capital.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53567 on: Today at 11:30:11 am »

RE: Michigan voter fraud stuff:  Well, that's definitely one way to kill democracy: make it so nobody trusts the result of the elections.  What a mess.

RE: "the ecosystem": I'm not entirely sure how people think that any institution run by people would be immune from corruption or self-serving interests. It takes significant diligence to be able to resist corruption - both in governments and in corporations. And it's likely more difficult in larger organizations, just due to institutional culture and inertia.  I guess as optimistic as I am, I just can't see how a monolithic government is fundamentally different from corporations; the issue to me is how the organization operates, not what it's called.
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53568 on: Today at 11:35:22 am »

RE: Michigan voter fraud stuff:  Well, that's definitely one way to kill democracy: make it so nobody trusts the result of the elections.  What a mess.

RE: "the ecosystem": I'm not entirely sure how people think that any institution run by people would be immune from corruption or self-serving interests. It takes significant diligence to be able to resist corruption - both in governments and in corporations. And it's likely more difficult in larger organizations, just due to institutional culture and inertia.  I guess as optimistic as I am, I just can't see how a monolithic government is fundamentally different from corporations; the issue to me is how the organization operates, not what it's called.
its been an 8 year+ project by this point to discredit election results.

Governments and corporations trade in different currencies, because corporations are purely economic entities at their core, while governments have a lot more inherent to their running. They both want power, but they want it for different reasons.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #53569 on: Today at 12:32:58 pm »

Remember that money is simply an abstraction of power - Economic power mostly, but it can be converted easily.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Robot Parade Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Well, go on ... parade!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53570 on: Today at 12:59:37 pm »

Somehow, more trustworthy than corporate america.

It's a really low bar, okay?
I guess the underlying point is that I don't see them as two different things. It's one ecosystem.

Duuvian, I'm not even gonna bother reading that.
It's not "one ecosystem", you're talking about regulatory capture and corruption. Which are not normal processes of a government, and shouldn't be even when the government is clearly on the side of defending capital.

Doomblade is basically right. So is Great order. The regulatory capture is real and we need regulations to stop it that can't just be bought out by corporate interests.

It is just nuts that this happens.

The government caught this weird voting corruption case. They also do things like bringing charges against wrongdoers like the double voters here. Sure governments can have problems but they solve more than they ever create and they catch/deal with it like in this example. Generally speaking, corporates tend to sweep things under the rug.

I also don't get the price caps thing but if that's what people wanna talk about then ok I guess.

I don't get why wages can be capped when the price of other things can't be if we're going down that road of discussion. It doesn't matter if it is through official policy or a soft cap. Nobody wants to pay anything for work quite often. So many people have to switch jobs to get a raise, because they are not going to get that where they are. An egg is an egg and the corporation involved knows what it is creating. A worker can vary quite a bit more from person to person. More to the point is the ratio being blown so the cost of things just goes up while wages stagnate for years on end. At some point, people have to be able to afford things. We were talking about eggs and milk, that's basic food. It seems like the only thing that are seen as sacred are corporate profits. Those can't be cut or even considered for anything other than eternally going up, but wages, jobs, and stuff the average person like you and I deal with.... That's just all negotiable to cheat us all.

It just seems like the game is rigged (although the voting is usually just gerrymandered) and when you follow the money it does back to some corporate interest.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/PWnbYsHVs7o
« Last Edit: Today at 01:22:50 pm by Robot Parade Leader »
Pages: 1 ... 3570 3571 [3572]