Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3321 3322 [3323] 3324 3325 ... 3567

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4231029 times)

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #49831 on: November 01, 2022, 09:01:52 am »

We're approaching the Wink & Nudge stage of making end runs around the Constitution.
But the laudable goal of protecting Americans from danger has often been used to conceal political maneuvering. In 2004, for instance, DHS officials faced pressure from the George W. Bush administration to heighten the national threat level for terrorism, in a bid to influence voters prior to the election, according to former DHS Secretary Tom Ridge. U.S. officials have routinely lied about an array of issues, from the causes of its wars in Vietnam and Iraq to their more recent obfuscation around the role of the National Institutes of Health in funding the Wuhan Institute of Virology’s coronavirus research.
Now this is what I call fedposting

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49832 on: November 02, 2022, 03:15:22 am »

This reminds me of the Nazi dog whistling in the DHS.

Lots of Neo Nazis like to dog whistle with the numbers 14 & 88. 14 standing for the 14 words, and 88 standing for HH (heil hitler).

The 14 words = "We must secure the existence of our people and a future for white children"

Now take a look at the title of that DHS website.

Now Ctrl-F for 88 while on the page... 88 is a weird number to use for a statistic, isn't it? Normally you would make it out of 100, or some other round number.

Bonus swastika being drawn in DHS HQ:

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/salvadorhernandez/swastika-found-homeland-security-headquarters-investigation

The_Explorer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49833 on: November 02, 2022, 10:57:38 am »

CNN has gone full right wing propaganda :| (though to add post-edit, there is positive stuff...but these three seem like pretty BS to me. For one, why would hispanics go so much into the GOP? The GOP hates them...makes no sense at all, I doubt its true what so ever, maybe a few like kanye west type of people. but not a huge amount. Granted I didn't look to see who wrote these, maybe its some extremist type of person or right winger or something or like I said on the bottom, maybe I'm overthinking it and not understanding the point)

three articles in 24 hours

https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/02/politics/joe-biden-fed-inflation-infrastructure/index.html

https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/01/politics/democratic-seats-jeopardy-gallup-polling/index.html

https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/01/politics/florida-midterms-2022/index.html

Lies. Republicans are doing poorly in georgia as the best example. Who even is going to vote for Oz except a few crazy nutters

This article far better

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/10/31/midterms-senate-polls-oz-walker-masters-trail-fetterman-warnock-kelly.html

I guess CNN is going clickbait or something for views since that is what sells, which is surprising tbh. Thats a fox news thing to do. I dunno why they are already panicking, there is nothing to panic about. Its not gonna be a red wave, its not even gonna be a red splash. Democrats are doing great (especially compared to as "predicted" that republicans were going to do) as one can see in the cnbc article

Kinda pisses me off cnn has a bunch of fraud news going on, they are turning into fox news :| Maybe its too early and I am misunderstanding what they are trying to do? Am I just not reading the articles right or something or thinking too far into it?

Either way, CNN if they really want democrats to do good should be saying all the good we've been doing and all the stuff biden has done. Not all this...what appears to me anyway...to be negative BS. And right on their front page is a huge negative story about the feds and interest hike :| Like is their goal is to get people to go out and vote for the GOP or something?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2022, 11:11:24 am by The_Explorer »

The_Explorer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49834 on: November 02, 2022, 11:16:43 am »

sorry for the rant, I feel better now.

Though its funny. I opened up both CNN and fox news. And I almost can't tell them apart right now at first glance :| ones negative about democrats...ones ...negative about the economy and the interest hike to get people to panic about the economy lol. neither are doing anything positive stories about anything. I'd think CNN would want to showcase all the good thats going on, not get people to panic :| like even if its true, make it a small story and a bigger story of biden's accomplishments or something.

(edit: They finally took out that dumb headline and made it a side story. But at the time, the story about fed interest hike was their front page headline lol. I'm glad they changed it, though I dunno how many people care about (the current headline) of thomas (supreme court guy) interfering with the elections. Which is kinda sad to say)
« Last Edit: November 02, 2022, 11:31:37 am by The_Explorer »

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #49835 on: November 02, 2022, 11:30:52 am »

I stopped looking at CNN as a reliable source a while ago when it seemed every article I read on the site appeared to be using emotive language to invoke certain feelings rather than just report the facts.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #49836 on: November 02, 2022, 11:41:58 am »

I quit watching and reading most mainstream news the day Trump got elected. I was pretty much a daily reader of CNN before that.

It's not because their coverage changed per se. More I just knew that from there on out, it was going to be never ending alarmed and angered coverage of what he's doing.

And yeah, the emotional language of "news" got even stronger and I just don't have patience for that shit anymore. Give me facts, not fucking takes.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49837 on: November 02, 2022, 12:03:00 pm »

I feel fairly similar about the New York Times. I read them for a long time--on the daily for about five years now--but every time Pamela Paul writes an article I get physically ill. I just don't need it. We're in a full-blown anti-trans panic (among other things, such as a constitutional meltdown) and the news corporations are just fanning the flames.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #49838 on: November 02, 2022, 02:42:13 pm »

We're approaching the Wink & Nudge stage of making end runs around the Constitution.

https://www.techdirt.com/2022/11/02/bullshit-reporting-the-intercepts-story-about-government-policing-disinfo-is-absolute-garbage/

I'd post excerpts, but the entire article is worth reading. Short version is that the original Intercept article sits somewhere between "deliberately distorting things" and "outright making shit up". One of the biggest things is that the "secret leaked conversations" are public record - anybody can get them without even a FOIA request, and they've been very selectively quoted to make things seem far more sinister than they are.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #49839 on: November 02, 2022, 02:58:44 pm »

I think any discussion over the merits or biases of any one particular news station miss the issue of how they are all owned by a small number of billionaires. Arguing over whether some are superior to another when they all answer to Time Warner or Disney at the end of the day is a grim position to be in

The_Explorer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49840 on: November 02, 2022, 08:45:01 pm »

Kinda suspicious the feds ruined the economy so shortly after the big elections...that only help the GOP

I bet there are right wingers in charge over there or/and trumpers (one in the same really) that did it specifically for that.

They literally are committing treason or at best election interference whoever is in charge over there

I thought it was just a CNN scare story, but actually they actually went and done it. Like why such a massive hit to the economy before big elections.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #49841 on: November 02, 2022, 08:50:00 pm »

Interest rate hikes are the main tool that the Federal Reserve uses to control inflation. Assuming that they're deliberately wrecking the economy is baseless.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

The_Explorer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49842 on: November 02, 2022, 08:51:20 pm »

Interest rate hikes are the main tool that the Federal Reserve uses to control inflation. Assuming that they're deliberately wrecking the economy is baseless.

well, I mean...why now? Why not...AFTER the elections so no one panics about the economy and flies to the GOP? Why such a huge thing to do that only hurts one side of the political situation.

Longterm yes its good to do, but it literally couldnt have waited a few more days for them to do it?

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #49843 on: November 02, 2022, 09:29:29 pm »

You could easily claim that waiting would be an obviously partisan move to shove the Democrats into power.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #49844 on: November 02, 2022, 09:35:53 pm »

Inflation waits for no man election.

This isn’t a big deal surely? Inflation is too high and as Shonus said, rate hikes are a pretty strong means of controlling it, or at least discouraging people from borrowing and spending.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 3321 3322 [3323] 3324 3325 ... 3567