Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3148 3149 [3150] 3151 3152 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4202528 times)

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #47235 on: December 11, 2021, 04:12:15 pm »

An Amazon warehouse has also collapsed in Edwardsville, Illinois. Some 50-100 people are reportedly trapped there.

It's apparently the 3rd time in the last 6 months that Amazon's just let people die in a warehouse instead of shutting down when they knew there was severe weather on the way.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47236 on: December 11, 2021, 04:33:05 pm »

That is really shitty. Hope Amazon is held responsible and at least compensates the families of the victims.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47237 on: December 11, 2021, 04:46:20 pm »

i'm not sure what you're trying to get at here, but i'm also flat bushed today

anyways, i was referring particularly to the impeachment inquiry itself with the blankets bullshit and not specifically to tucker, I have no idea what he went on about for the duration of it

The mention of the blankets during the impeachment hearings was done to change the overall conversation outside of the impeachment hearings (because the impeachment can be countered by popular support, through election votes and protests).

The things said by the GOP during the hearing will be used as sound bites to stir people into a frenzy. People who have been trained by mass media news and sports, etc. These people love the good feeling from social bonding, being on a team, and cheering together for a sports team, these are the people who will have the sub-conscious thought "Trump gave guns, Obama gave blankets, that is a point scored for our side" and this will give them a chemical release in their brain because their team accomplished something.
Quote from: dragdeler
There is something to be said about, if the stakes are as high, maybe reconsider your certitudes. One has to be aggressively allistic to feel entitled to be able to trust. But it won't happen to me, my bit doesn't count etc etc... Just saying, after my recent experiences I couldn't trust the public if I wanted to. People got their risk assessment neurons rotten and replaced with game theory. Folks walk around like fat turkeys taunting the world to slaughter them.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47238 on: December 11, 2021, 06:36:33 pm »

The things said by the GOP during the hearing will be used as sound bites to stir people into a frenzy. People who have been trained by mass media news and sports, etc. These people love the good feeling from social bonding, being on a team, and cheering together for a sports team, these are the people who will have the sub-conscious thought "Trump gave guns, Obama gave blankets, that is a point scored for our side" and this will give them a chemical release in their brain because their team accomplished something.

The number of people who got on my ass for saying I didn't want to support a rapist bigot was enlightening. Lot of people here who think rape, racism, homophobia, and cruelty towards the poor is way better than not doing those things.

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #47239 on: December 11, 2021, 06:58:26 pm »

Thanks for the clarification, anewaname, that does make a lot more sense now that I see it this way.

Did y'all read anything about the document that went out on Jan 5th, just before the insurrection attempt? I didn't have time to sink my teeth into it and digest, but it seems like it pretty overtly provided instructions on how to overturn the election results and obviates that the insurrection attempt was premeditated?

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47240 on: December 11, 2021, 07:10:01 pm »

That is really shitty. Hope Amazon is held responsible and at least compensates the families of the victims.

"lol," said Bezos, "lmao"
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47241 on: December 11, 2021, 07:19:28 pm »

Bezos is kisses misspelled in spanish. Besos would be correct.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #47242 on: December 11, 2021, 08:28:05 pm »

Tornadoes involved were apparently literally record breaking -- previous recorded doppler radar highs were 280, this thing broke that by 3 mph. Reports saying there's likely at least 70 dead in kentucky alone, and five other states got hit. Going to be one hell of a christmas for a lot of people this year :-\
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47243 on: December 11, 2021, 08:30:56 pm »

Wasnt that the plot of one of Loki serie episodes?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #47244 on: December 11, 2021, 08:49:09 pm »

Frumple has not watched a live action TV episode start to finish since like 2004 or somethin' like that, so I'unno. Maybe? Could be.
Ask not!
Ask!

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47245 on: December 11, 2021, 09:00:15 pm »

And why the frumple suddenly start talking in third person. Its terrifying.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #47246 on: December 11, 2021, 09:11:00 pm »

Sometimes it happens, don't question it, just roll with it.
Ask not!
Ask!

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #47247 on: December 11, 2021, 09:15:59 pm »

Not unless a tornado pays Bozos a visit. This is America, consequences are for the poor.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47248 on: December 12, 2021, 03:24:57 pm »

The worldtribune.com site (which the internet considers to be far-right and questionable), has this pdf, a possibly different version of the “Election Fraud, Foreign Interference & Options for 6 JAN” than the one sent to Mark Meadows, since at least one news article mentioned multiple versions of the pdf were circulating.

The pages 31 to 36 seem to involve putting a vote recount in the hands of the federal government. Page 32 pulled me in two directions, because I like transparency but feel this would lead to home-grown terrorism groups...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: dragdeler
There is something to be said about, if the stakes are as high, maybe reconsider your certitudes. One has to be aggressively allistic to feel entitled to be able to trust. But it won't happen to me, my bit doesn't count etc etc... Just saying, after my recent experiences I couldn't trust the public if I wanted to. People got their risk assessment neurons rotten and replaced with game theory. Folks walk around like fat turkeys taunting the world to slaughter them.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #47249 on: December 12, 2021, 04:38:21 pm »

I'm a little dubious on the origins of the circulating PDFs and PowerPoints.  I don't remember where I read this, but I saw that it was circulating online sometime not long after January 6th and was in the hands of some Fox News people around then.  As tempting as it might be to say that the people behind all of this were so incompetent that they'd release something incriminating like that on the internet, I'm waiting until there is compelling evidence that it was indeed created by someone involved in the insurrection before I believe it.
Through pain, I find wisdom.
Pages: 1 ... 3148 3149 [3150] 3151 3152 ... 3566