Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3091 3092 [3093] 3094 3095 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4202889 times)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #46380 on: September 29, 2021, 10:26:36 am »

hey guys what's happening in here

Quote from: Bumber
unironic claims of conservatives getting censored for, like, being racist and shit

oh dear god
Black lives matter.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #46381 on: September 29, 2021, 11:06:03 am »

Generally if someone complains about being "silenced" for racist nonsense, it's usually a sign that they're a racist as well.

Gee, it's almost like these people have nothing left going for them except stirring up hate and then acting like "snowflakes" when they're reminded that only the rich bastards they commit terrorism for are allowed to pull that kind of crap without consequences more than 90% of the time.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #46382 on: September 29, 2021, 11:12:52 am »

Choo-choo! Circle-jerk train now leaving station! All abooooard!

(To those who posted actual replies, I'm still getting to those.)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2021, 11:15:54 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #46383 on: September 29, 2021, 11:14:27 am »

Oh my lord. Racists are no longer allowed to spew racist bigotry. What has the world come to. /s

In related, happy-ish news, denying the holocaust has finally become a criminal offense over here in the Netherlands. Better late than never.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46384 on: September 29, 2021, 11:15:01 am »

a
« Last Edit: August 21, 2024, 06:28:52 am by dragdeler »
let

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46385 on: September 29, 2021, 11:20:02 am »

23% of college kids will resort to violence when I say the n-word, why don't they respect conservative views?
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46386 on: September 29, 2021, 04:09:44 pm »

So let's look at the original claims.

Not everybody gets to be broadcast on CSPAN. A bunch of people got censored by the liberal social media giants (at the insistence of a Democrat administration) for questioning the origins of COVID.

Cite the CDC's own database regarding adverse reactions to the vaccine? Censored.

Link an article about Hunter's spicy laptop before an election? Can't have that.

Forgot to mention campus censorship. They'll kick a student or teacher out for stating the wrong opinion. Even the students will threaten you. (Center-left, highly factual source. No bullshit.)

I gave an alternate example of a former NYT science reporter (Alex Berenson) who was banned from Twitter after citing Pfizer clinical data.

Look at this vague language and what it implies. "O no! The democrats are censoring people for questioning the origins of COVID and citing a data base. Former NYT science reporter (Alex Berenson) who was banned from Twitter after citing Pfizer clinical data. They don't want you to know about this spicy laptop story. College campuses will kick students and teachers out for stating wrong opinions."

When in reality it's:
------------------

• Social media companies have faced intense pressure from congressional Democrats to crack down more forcefully on misinformation about the virus throughout the pandemic that is killing millions of people, inflamed by misinformation about the virus. (note that Bumber's own link to defend his statement that democrats insisted that people got censored for questioning the origins of covid doesn't even back up said claim. This aside, it doesn't matter. Lunatics who wants to claim that this crisis the world is experiencing is a conspiracy about a weaponized bio weapon should be censored. And using this to back up the argument that conservatives are being censored shows that bumber ties covid panic to conservatives. Go figure.)
  • Censored for citing a false number due to an error, but nevertheless spread across a ton of conservative media because they desperately want to convince people the virus is a hoax, thus killing who knows how many people.
  • Alex Berenson, anti-vaxxer, banned for repeatedly posting misinformation. (This one really sickens me because at this point, bumber is arguing that you should be allowed to misrepresent data that will result in people getting killed, for the sake of "free speech". "We need discussion so malicious people should be allowed to claim anything with no consequences and if people die then that's just the price of FREEDOM BABY!". I can think of quite a few anti-Semitic holocaust deniers who would love that line of reasoning.)

Bumber also seems to think that "the vaccine does ZERO to prevent death" is the same as "vaccinated people can get infected and spread the infection". While the latter is irresponsible by not describing the extent at which the spreading happens, the former is a clear attempt to lie made by someone with a history of anti-vax statements. These are not comparable and seems like a lie by omission, pretending that this guy was suspended for one tweet, and not many, many anti-vax tweets.
  • They think it's wrong to make shit up and sling mud right before an election to falsely influence people into voting for someone
  • College students will shout over speakers that they hate for good reason. (What's wrong Bumber? Don't like the voices of the students shouting over the speaker? How anti-free speech of you!)
------------------------
It's clear that bumber is just throwing shit at the wall to see what sticks. "O, this claim was debunked? Well let me move onto the next one. And the next one, and the next one. Let me post these 20 articles I didn't read and if you don't debunk all of them I win". It's a blatant gish gallop with a disregard for human life. Truly disgusting.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2021, 08:02:00 pm by Micro102 »

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46387 on: September 29, 2021, 04:17:16 pm »

23% of college kids will resort to violence when I say the n-word, why don't they respect conservative views?

The question was even vaguer than that. I'm frankly surprised it wasn't higher. Violence should be used against someone calling for a group of people to kill a person. The police should come and arrest him. Censor him. Apparently Bumber is against such things.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46388 on: September 29, 2021, 05:11:24 pm »

When I screamed "FIRE" in that crowded theater and one in 500 americans died as a result, Big Tech infringed upon my inalienable twitter rights by suspending my account.

Fight the hoax and support independent journalism with a 30% discount on my Super-Zinc tablets using promo code "FIRE", and earn double Patriot Points on our whole line of miracle supplements from now until--

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #46389 on: September 29, 2021, 06:10:26 pm »

Yeah. Bullshit like this is best left not engaged with, people who act like that generally get themselves banned by posting racist vitriol eventually without needing people's help.

And then they whine about being censored because they don't understand that people also have the right to run a forum the way they wish, and that some people don't want to have people spewing hate speech in their community. And nothing of value will be lost when that happens.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46390 on: September 29, 2021, 06:19:16 pm »

This is starting to get personal, and Toady has better things to do than intervene in this thread yet again. Of all places, Bay12 should be able to stay calm and debate politics without ad hominem attacks.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46391 on: September 29, 2021, 08:10:55 pm »

I'm embarrassed I haven't brought up the Women's March this Saturday (October 2nd).  It's occurring in DC but there are many other local demonstrations planned, and there are ways to show solidarity.

It's in defense of reproductive freedom, and allies are of course welcome.  I'm going with my mom (locally)!  This is what free speech is - demonstrating in the streets over policy.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Andux

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:semicolons]
    • View Profile
    • Andux's DFWiki page
« Reply #46392 on: September 29, 2021, 08:33:34 pm »

Hillary's campaign funded the dossier
Not entirely accurate. IIRC, Steele compiled the dossier while working as an independent contractor for an opposition research firm; that firm was originally hired to do oppo on Trump during the primaries, by one or more of his Republican opponents. They sold their research to the Democrats once it became clear that Trump was going to be the nominee.

I heard somewhere there were more reports for COVID vaccine reactions than for all other vaccines in the previous X years.
Is that more reports in total, or in proportion to doses or individuals vaccinated?

Also, "all other vaccines in the previous X years" is probably smaller than it sounds; apart from the flu shot (which not everyone chooses to get), most vaccines are only given to a small subset of the population each year. The COVID vaccine is currently going out to everyone over the age of 12, which means even a 1-in-100,000 side effect is likely to generate thousands of reports in the US alone.
(Do not sign anything.) -- Fell, Planescape: Torment

MADMAN · Save Tools · WTF Tools · Generated Raws Extractor · Tweak for 0.31–34.xx

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46393 on: September 29, 2021, 08:43:52 pm »

Of all places, Bay12 should be able to stay calm and debate politics without ad hominem attacks.

Laughter is the best response I could give such a view.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #46394 on: September 29, 2021, 09:47:40 pm »

This is what free speech is - demonstrating in the streets over policy.

This is cool - I hope you tell us about it afterwards.

Is that more reports in total, or in proportion to doses or individuals vaccinated?

Bumber either knows this is a misrepresentation of the data, or is so far gone they'll refuse to acknowledge the nuance. They've shown they're not interested in arguments about evidence in good faith.
Pages: 1 ... 3091 3092 [3093] 3094 3095 ... 3566