Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2987 2988 [2989] 2990 2991 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4220249 times)

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #44820 on: April 15, 2021, 03:47:04 am »

-
« Last Edit: September 16, 2023, 02:26:34 pm by dragdeler »
let

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #44821 on: April 15, 2021, 06:51:43 am »

... unless you were black or native or female, anyway. US has something of a mythos about the FFs, but the reality of it was that most of them were pretty shit people and the constitution reflected that. Clawing our way to one person, one vote, is still an ongoing process made that much harder by the fucking GOP in particular :-\
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #44822 on: April 15, 2021, 07:11:44 am »

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/supreme-court/democrats-introduce-bill-expand-supreme-court-9-13-justices-n1264132

Do the Democrats want to lose control of Congress? Because that's how you lose control of Congress.

Tucker is getting worse by the day, the other day he was equating vote dillution with white replacement

I'm pretty sure he mentioned how it effected black people, too. Also the lack of Hispanic support for illegal immigration. Tucker has previously mentioned how Trump got ~28% of the Latino vote. How 2nd and 3rd gen immigrants are less reliably Democrat, so they need a constant stream with a pathway to citizenship. There's more there than just "white replacement".
« Last Edit: April 15, 2021, 07:31:24 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #44823 on: April 15, 2021, 07:23:49 am »

Is it? Iirc support's not terrible among likely D voters, and if it happened fast enough, it might be able to stop a conservative hack SC from further fucking with voting rights and protections.

Not particularly likely to happen, in any case, unfortunately. It'd be a good thing even if it didn't actually stack the court with judges worth a shit.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44824 on: April 15, 2021, 08:07:29 am »

-
« Last Edit: September 16, 2023, 02:26:26 pm by dragdeler »
let

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44825 on: April 15, 2021, 08:54:48 am »

I had a good laugh at the notion that you need to prevent automatic weapons entering the country but whatever Im out.
Two-way traffic... unregistered weapons anywhere is bad.

You may not want anyone having weapons anywhere, but who has a solution that everyone will accept?
Quote from: dragdeler
There is something to be said about, if the stakes are as high, maybe reconsider your certitudes. One has to be aggressively allistic to feel entitled to be able to trust. But it won't happen to me, my bit doesn't count etc etc... Just saying, after my recent experiences I couldn't trust the public if I wanted to. People got their risk assessment neurons rotten and replaced with game theory. Folks walk around like fat turkeys taunting the world to slaughter them.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44826 on: April 15, 2021, 10:07:43 am »

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/supreme-court/democrats-introduce-bill-expand-supreme-court-9-13-justices-n1264132

Do the Democrats want to lose control of Congress? Because that's how you lose control of Congress.

Tucker is getting worse by the day, the other day he was equating vote dillution with white replacement

I'm pretty sure he mentioned how it effected black people, too. Also the lack of Hispanic support for illegal immigration. Tucker has previously mentioned how Trump got ~28% of the Latino vote. How 2nd and 3rd gen immigrants are less reliably Democrat, so they need a constant stream with a pathway to citizenship. There's more there than just "white replacement".

Tucker's rhetoric is very clearly white supremacist, the KKK think so, and his disclaimers and attempts to cloak it don't change that.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44827 on: April 15, 2021, 10:15:28 am »

-
« Last Edit: September 16, 2023, 02:26:17 pm by dragdeler »
let

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #44828 on: April 15, 2021, 10:19:49 am »

There's more attributable to wanting to win elections and maintain conservatism than wanting racial purity. I doubt you follow what guests he has on his show on a regular basis, and instead base your opinion on whatever liberal media says about him.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2021, 10:23:12 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #44829 on: April 15, 2021, 11:44:38 am »

There's more attributable to wanting to win elections and maintain conservatism than wanting racial purity. I doubt you follow what guests he has on his show on a regular basis, and instead base your opinion on whatever liberal media says about him.

Supremacy of Christianity, restricting the voting rights of demographics they don't like, harsher prison sentences, treating immigrants like criminals, neutering the Federal government so they can't interfere in how each state wants to deprive people of their federally guaranteed rights, further expanding the police and prison state, corporate money in politics.....

You're right. There's SO MUCH MORE to it than just racial purity.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #44830 on: April 15, 2021, 11:45:58 am »

You know, "I'm not a racist, I just say racist things to get the votes of racists" is not exactly a good defense.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2021, 03:43:39 pm by MorleyDev »

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44831 on: April 15, 2021, 12:27:52 pm »

-
« Last Edit: September 16, 2023, 02:26:05 pm by dragdeler »
let

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #44832 on: April 15, 2021, 03:53:18 pm »

Supremacy of Christianity, restricting the voting rights of demographics they don't like, harsher prison sentences, treating immigrants like criminals, neutering the Federal government so they can't interfere in how each state wants to deprive people of their federally guaranteed rights, further expanding the police and prison state, corporate money in politics.....

You're right. There's SO MUCH MORE to it than just racial purity.

You're flat-out wrong on a number of those. I'll grant the Christianity, obviously. He's strictly against corporate money in politics, and has called even Republicans out on it. The Federal government has been growing steadily bigger, not smaller. (1st and 2nd amendments are federally guaranteed rights, aren't they?) He goes on about how laws are applied unequally for those with power and those without. (Blaming Biden for the 1994 crime bill, praising Trump for the First Step Act.) The irony of companies pulling out of Georgia, hurting those communities, and then moving to Colorado and Louisiana (which have stricter voting regulations.)

I could debate the rest, but it's really not worth the effort.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #44833 on: April 15, 2021, 04:35:11 pm »

I don't know which person you're talking about. I was responding to the general Evangelical Conservative Republican platform, which includes all the things I stated and more.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44834 on: April 16, 2021, 04:13:52 am »

-
« Last Edit: September 16, 2023, 02:25:47 pm by dragdeler »
let