Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2922 2923 [2924] 2925 2926 ... 3567

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4231188 times)

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #43845 on: February 11, 2021, 07:32:45 pm »

It bothers me that two of the capitol police "committed suicide". This sounds more like a cover-up of killings, of traitors those within the ranks who might be able to testify, for or against. (EDITed this  a bit)

Officer Epstein didn't kill himself
Right. Too many articles referred to "second officer dies of suicide" and I thought they were saying another one did it. Even one doing it seems wrong.
Quote from: dragdeler
There is something to be said about, if the stakes are as high, maybe reconsider your certitudes. One has to be aggressively allistic to feel entitled to be able to trust. But it won't happen to me, my bit doesn't count etc etc... Just saying, after my recent experiences I couldn't trust the public if I wanted to. People got their risk assessment neurons rotten and replaced with game theory. Folks walk around like fat turkeys taunting the world to slaughter them.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43846 on: February 12, 2021, 03:00:29 am »

I wish to mention that I keep being shocked by the fact that we have slow news days now. That Biden is communicating. That we haven't had a single scandal yet.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43847 on: February 12, 2021, 03:09:46 am »

I wish to mention that I keep being shocked by the fact that we have slow news days now. That Biden is communicating. That we haven't had a single scandal yet.
What are you talking about? 
There are already a buncha Biden scandals from the very beginning of his presidency.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #43848 on: February 12, 2021, 06:56:01 am »

So the narrative on my news is basically saying that the pöbel was specifically aiming for or chanting about getting the former VP because of him "not doing what Trump wanted and overturning the election result". And I kind of had the thought that it's pretty exciting that for all I've heard (and, I will admit it, parroted in my own person) of Pence being the more unlikable/dangerous of the two; that it would all come down to Pence being the only one in the Trump administration with the slightest bit of backbone making a stand for your democracy.
Love, scriver~

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #43849 on: February 12, 2021, 11:57:20 am »

This is a good thing. Hearing deranged rants from the White house daily is not norml.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2021, 07:21:26 pm by Lord Shonus »
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #43850 on: February 12, 2021, 06:33:01 pm »

Why the cops were so heavily outnumbered is another story. There's ample evidence to support savotage from the very top - much of the command chain in DC goes through POTUS.

It looks more like a failing by the Capitol Police themselves. This article says the Capital Police turned down offers for National Guard troops from the Pentagon three days before the riot, as well as an offer for FBI agents from the DoJ while the Capitol was being stormed. They also ignored a report from the FBI warning of possible violence and "war".

Trump also considered deploying the National Guard in the days before, but ended up deciding against it. Allegedly, he wanted them to protect his supporters against BLM and Antifa.

I don't think they should have fired on the crowd, but I believe they would have if the situation was different.  They should have deployed riot suppression measures like tear gas and rubber bullets, which may very well have dispersed the crowd (remember that one woman who fled in shock after getting maced?).  They were set up to fail, for sure, but it's kinda telling that most of them did so little.  And the crowd was mostly normal people who wouldn't have charged into gunfire, give me break.

Tear gas and stun grenades were deployed against the rioters.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #43851 on: February 12, 2021, 06:53:10 pm »

Tear gas and stun grenades were deployed against the rioters.

Once they were already inside the chambers. Almost like it was an afterthought after people were already storming the barricades. Almost like leadership either didn't expect to have to deploy tear gas, or didn't want to.

Considering all of 2020, that makes them categorically incompetent, harboring a separate agenda or both.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #43852 on: February 12, 2021, 08:13:19 pm »

It's not like the mainstream media wants to cover Biden scandals like they would with Trump. They colluded to bury the New York Post's Hunter Biden laptop scandal story before the election, saying it has the "hallmarks of Russian disinformation", then we find out the DoJ had been silently investigating Hunter Biden the whole time for his foreign business dealings and possible money laundering.

Take this information and amp it up and you've got the Biden equivalent of the Trump-Russia scandal. There's also the James Biden hospital thing. Frank Biden using the fact that he's Joe Biden's brother in an ad for a law firm. His family's business dealings are all too close to him, but he doesn't get the same flack from the media Trump did.

As for the Biden administration itself:
Biden's reopening of a Texas "overflow facility", putting "kids in cages" again
Due to Biden admin policy, thousands of border-crossers were released into the US without COVID tests
Biden's CIA pick may have ties to China
Biden's pick for an unemployment program lost 600M of tax payer money to Nigerian scammers
Biden appointed a close associate of Hunter Biden's defense lawyer as Assistant Attorney General

A bunch of Biden's other picks were lobbyists, same as with Trump's appointees.

Considering all of 2020, that makes them categorically incompetent, harboring a separate agenda or both.

Just like 9/11 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Last Edit: February 12, 2021, 08:51:40 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #43853 on: February 12, 2021, 08:17:45 pm »

Man, they didn't cover hunter's magically multiplying laptop horseshit because it was horseshit, not because they were colluding to bury something. C'mon now.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43854 on: February 12, 2021, 08:20:45 pm »

Man, they didn't cover hunter's magically multiplying laptop horseshit because it was horseshit, not because they were colluding to bury something. C'mon now.

What about the other 10 things on that list?
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #43855 on: February 12, 2021, 08:23:21 pm »

THE HUNTER BIDEN LAPTOP STORY WAS FABRICATED OUT OF WHOLE CLOTH. IT WAS NOT WIDELY REPORTED BECAUSE IT WAS NOTHING BUT LIES TO TRICK THE GULLIBLE.

Unless you really think somebody flew across the country to have a laptop that wouldn't be manufactured for another year repaired at a seedy computer shop, it is so obvious a blind man could see it.

As for your other stories, the Washington Examiner and New York Post are far-right tabloids. You find equally good journalism in the Weekly World News or National Inquirer. Probably better - those publications admit their stories are made up.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #43856 on: February 12, 2021, 08:30:05 pm »

Unless you really think somebody flew across the country to have a laptop that wouldn't be manufactured for another year repaired at a seedy computer shop, it is so obvious a blind man could see it.

Multiplying, wut? There were emails that could've been verified, which Fox News did by... simply asking those who sent them.

One of his former business partners gave over access to their gmail account. Tony Bobulinski went on TV to talk about it. I could say more, but that's all the effort I'm putting in to respond to that.

As for your other stories, the Washington Examiner and New York Post are far-right tabloids. You find equally good journalism in the Weekly World News or National Inquirer. Probably better - those publications admit their stories are made up.

You could actually try to debunk the content. Are you seriously expecting left-leaning media links for Biden scandals?
« Last Edit: February 12, 2021, 08:35:14 pm by Bumber »

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43857 on: February 12, 2021, 08:37:25 pm »

I mean, honestly, he hasn't called anywhere a shithole country yet.

I'm not saying I buy "good old uncle joe" for a sec. He's still richer than croesus. Politics is not a fandom. But of the things you listed, the only thing I really care about is the Texas overflow facility.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #43858 on: February 12, 2021, 08:39:41 pm »

You could actually try to debunk the content. Are you seriously expecting left-leaning media links for Biden scandals?

I don't feel the need to debunk "you know they are lying if their mouth is moving" sources. Find something that isn't a far-right dumpster fire if you want any effort put into it.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #43859 on: February 12, 2021, 08:46:33 pm »

What about the other 10 things on that list?

Clicked a random link on that list.

404 not found.

That is the maximum amount of work I'm going to do to indulge this.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 2922 2923 [2924] 2925 2926 ... 3567