Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2901 2902 [2903] 2904 2905 ... 3568

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4242240 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #43530 on: January 20, 2021, 07:23:21 pm »

If I become president, I'll swear in on a copy of The Bee Movie.

Cool babe, you do you :P
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43531 on: January 20, 2021, 07:25:23 pm »

I would sacrifice a goat to Mars, or maybe Jupiter.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43532 on: January 20, 2021, 07:26:44 pm »

Honestly, I was imagining some kind of Dionysian orgy replete with theater, dancing, and way too much wine.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43533 on: January 20, 2021, 07:35:04 pm »

Psssshh... you are ruining the surprise!
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43534 on: January 20, 2021, 08:07:24 pm »

This is maybe the most obnoxiously religious inauguration in modern history.
Ahhh.... Trump's had the most religious activity.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: dragdeler
There is something to be said about, if the stakes are as high, maybe reconsider your certitudes. One has to be aggressively allistic to feel entitled to be able to trust. But it won't happen to me, my bit doesn't count etc etc... Just saying, after my recent experiences I couldn't trust the public if I wanted to. People got their risk assessment neurons rotten and replaced with game theory. Folks walk around like fat turkeys taunting the world to slaughter them.

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #43535 on: January 20, 2021, 08:17:57 pm »

Clearly the incoming President should tear the heart out of the outgoing President with their bare hands and offer it up to molok.

If they can't do so in a single blow, the outgoing President earns the right to reclaim the Presidency via trial by combat.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2021, 11:39:13 pm by MorleyDev »

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #43536 on: January 20, 2021, 08:56:51 pm »

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #43537 on: January 20, 2021, 09:19:47 pm »

Clearly the incoming President should tear the heart of the outgoing President with their bare hands and offer it up to molok.

If they can't do so in a single blow, the outgoing President earns the right to reclaim the Presidency via trial by combat.

Nah. At the end of every president's term they should ascend to the top of a pyramid, get mad drunk as fuck, and have their successor cut their heart out with an obsidian knife as an offering to Huītzilōpōchtli.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #43539 on: January 20, 2021, 09:53:51 pm »

I feel uneasy for the stupidest reason: nothing bad seemingly happened. I had braced myself hard for some state government buildings being occupied, or shootings done by Trump supporters gone insane, but I've heard none of that, only a peaceful inauguration in Washington.

Of course, none of these things are directly consequential for me personally, living across the Atlantic and then some, and worse things than those I imagined are definitely happening somewhere else in the world (read: wars, genocides). 's a strange fixation.

Hate to be that guy, but there's still 11.25 months left for someone to do something shitty. If the Capitol attack didn't uncork all the latent shittiness of the far right in America, it came very damn close.
Oh there was almost no chance of a terrorist attack today, unless you didn't really follow the QAnon and the similar sorts. They thought today was the culmination of THE PLAN. Why would you be a terrorist, if the PLAN is about to come to fruition?

Now, it has failed. Many will deradicalize. Many will self-numb. Some, will radicalize further. A lot of low-level terrorism is gonna happen, it'll be rationalized away I suspect; up until the time it produces a crime on the scale of Oklahoma City Bombing that leads to repudiation. Until then it's just gonna fester.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #43540 on: January 20, 2021, 11:22:19 pm »

Looks like the penny finally fucking dropped for the Proud Boys that Trump never gave a shit about them. Always nice to see far-right extremists fracture.

Meanwhile, QAnon-followers come to the only logical conclusion: Joe Biden was Q all along.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2021, 11:24:16 pm by MorleyDev »

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #43541 on: January 21, 2021, 01:41:27 am »

I think you guys should undeploy the army, feds, and National Guard and just pay France to send the Legion d'Etrangers to guard your inauguration.
Send the British Army. Half way through the inauguration ceremony the rains of Castamere starts playing

I liked the parade before the wreath-laying, well done to the band and the marchers. I mention it because there were Redcoats there.

At first I was like aahh they're back!

But then they saucily marched past the dais to Yankee Doodle while the leader elegantly gestured towards the stage and I thought: quite right

A very enjoyable scene; I watched it hoping it was an official delegation from London though I think it was a cadet group from the US (hard to search for so I'm not sure)

Yes, social media conglomeration is terrible, but it's not bad because the president was banned for inciting violence. It's bad because two-three companies control everything. Break the monopoly, don't nationalize it, and fix the damn web.
That is what everyone is concurring, ye yey eyeye

I think there should be a government run forums for discussions and to allow further contact both ways between constituent and lawmakers. I've always thought Twitter a poor choice as a platform for government figures due to the character limits.

Is the information required to be provided to register to vote enough to register an individual voter on a theoretical government forums if they were to say mark a checkbox somewhere to opt in? I would guess yes, but I haven't operated a forums.

EDIT: Fixed spelling of Constituent
« Last Edit: January 21, 2021, 05:27:40 am by Duuvian »
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43542 on: January 21, 2021, 03:43:40 am »

Yeah an official service for the president to say things would be good. It's a good idea when the president isn't a shitposter.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43543 on: January 21, 2021, 04:22:17 am »

the president should have to twitch stream from the oval office, and have to stop their work every three minutes to read out donations. Government efficiency would go down, but transparency, federal income, and parasocial bonding would go way up!

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43544 on: January 21, 2021, 05:05:53 am »

usenet://gov.whitehouse.potus
usenet://gov.whitehouse.potus.m
usenet://gov.whitehouse.potus.funny
usenet://gov.whitehouse.potus.kibo
usenet://gov.whitehouse.potus.wesley-crusher.die.die.die
Pages: 1 ... 2901 2902 [2903] 2904 2905 ... 3568