Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2868 2869 [2870] 2871 2872 ... 3569

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4245108 times)

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #43035 on: January 08, 2021, 11:46:26 am »

I doubt he'd ever experience federal consequences, presidential pardons aren't for state crimes, and a couple of states would love to arrest him. Assuming he doesn't know that second point, I'd love to see him pardon himself, head to GA or something, and experience consequences.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43036 on: January 08, 2021, 11:51:14 am »

BTW, I keep hearing something about Nazi flags being brought into the capitol building. Does anyone know if they're only referring again to the Confederate flag, or does anyone have a hard source (i.e. photo) of the red flag w/swastika being brought to congress?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43037 on: January 08, 2021, 12:01:15 pm »

There was at least one Kek flag, whose inspiration should be fairly apparent. I haven't read anything about it being flown around or brought into the building itself though, just as that asshole's cape.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2021, 12:08:38 pm by Mephisto »

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #43038 on: January 08, 2021, 12:03:19 pm »

There's pictures of a man with a Auschwitz shirt and reports of multiple people with '6MWE' shirts, which is used by the Proud Boys and means 6 Million Wasn't Enough. As in, the Holocaust didn't go far enough. As in 'How to spot the worst human scum in 4 letters'. As in FUCK THESE PEOPLE. A Nazi flag wouldn't surprise me, there were definite neonazis there afterall.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43039 on: January 08, 2021, 12:06:04 pm »

Sometimes I fell shame for the whole human race.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43040 on: January 08, 2021, 12:09:08 pm »

We spend how much money on defense annually? Billions?
And yet the capital building fell to some weekend warriors and some Viking wannabe?

Yes, and also a notable number of police and military. Defense works better when they're actually trying to defend something.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43041 on: January 08, 2021, 01:33:04 pm »

I mean, a lot of that budget goes to dropping bombs in the middle east, or into weapons development to discover new ways to drop bombs in the middle east.

"Defense" is oddly proactive in America.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43042 on: January 08, 2021, 01:37:19 pm »

Well the best defense is a offense, or some millennia old wisdom along those lines.

Also bombs are so 20 century. 21 century demands new stuff like lasers and orbital bombardment.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #43043 on: January 08, 2021, 01:46:29 pm »

21 century demands new stuff like lasers and orbital bombardment.
That's what the Space Force is for
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #43044 on: January 08, 2021, 02:03:18 pm »

Surprise surprise, the Trump Cultists literally cannot comprehend that Donald Trump sold them out to save his own skin.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #43045 on: January 08, 2021, 02:32:17 pm »

Love how Republicans that have been complicit in keeping Trump’s base fired up to the point they stormed government are now saying the democrats shouldn’t do anything to fire up his base further.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43046 on: January 08, 2021, 02:43:48 pm »

Love how Republicans that have been complicit in keeping Trump’s base fired up to the point they stormed government are now saying the democrats shouldn’t do anything to fire up his base further.
Right?  I loved hearing NPR interview a McConnell staffer about how Biden is very wise for not pushing The Green New Deal, equating it to Trump's election-fraud in terms of divisiveness.  She was lauding him for being so moderate that he won't do anything with the trifecta.  So now we can heal or whatever by maintaining the status quo.

I find this message... frustrating... and I worry that it's very appealing to liberal voters and particularly politicians.  Which sucks since everything is obviously collapsing without an actual course-correction.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43047 on: January 08, 2021, 02:48:13 pm »

Yeah, at this point the republicans seemed to simply blowed any chance of a republican candidate for the next election, unless Biden fucks much everything, which is not impossible being a politician and all.

How are his records in public administration? I know he has been at it from so many years.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43048 on: January 08, 2021, 02:53:38 pm »

Don Jr. made a speech about trans women prior to his father's more famous one on Jan. 6.

I'm hoping we can keep any debates about whether we think he was right or not out of this thread. I hadn't heard about Don Jr.'s involvement, nor . . . I dunno, the double-header combo of ranting about trans women + electoral fraud.

EDIT: removed my emotional reaction. If I can find this written about in a more mainstream source, I'll link to that instead.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2021, 03:09:52 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #43049 on: January 08, 2021, 03:03:52 pm »

But there wasn't a concerted assault to break into a location either, at least from what I've seen.

There was that police precinct they broke into and burnt down near the beginning. Also that federal court they tried to break into and kept tossing molotovs inside, which resulted in Trump deploying the national guard. Plus a number of government buildings they occupied peacefully.

BLM riots were less bold, but there was plenty of opportunity for bad actors to do stuff because of how long they lasted.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2021, 03:08:15 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?
Pages: 1 ... 2868 2869 [2870] 2871 2872 ... 3569