Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2847 2848 [2849] 2850 2851 ... 3569

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4253778 times)

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #42720 on: December 22, 2020, 03:52:17 pm »

Naxza, you are mad for the rigth reasons.

Im mad because my hands are sore from cutting wood for coocking, but that doesnt have anything to do, just sharing some anger since that thread was closed.

Public administration is an evil need, politics are not at all. Like religion, politics should be banned from public administration.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #42721 on: December 22, 2020, 05:58:29 pm »

haha if only religion was banned from public administration

... well, it'd get complicated, in any case. Public jobs only for the religiously unaffiliated would be a hell of an experiment, though. Wildly unrepresentative demographics wise, but probably pretty interesting.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #42722 on: December 23, 2020, 12:35:17 am »

Trump has given a LOW ENERGY speech where among other things he pardoned a number of criminal politicians who back him, some blackwater folks responsible for some massacres, and called for rejecting the omnibus bill and, among other things, raising the checks to $2000 from $600. Pelosi has gamely accepted this offer, no word from mitch yet.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42723 on: December 23, 2020, 12:51:11 am »

I'm betting my stimulus check, that the only reason trump hates the current relief bill is because unlike last time Trump can't put his name on the stimulus checks.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #42724 on: December 23, 2020, 10:01:37 am »

I'm sure that gets under his skin, but asking for a $2000 check instead of $600 won't change that, so who knows.

And while it's amusing to see Trump at odds with the Republicans in Congress over this, increasing the stimulus to $2000 is one of the rare things he's suggested that I support.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #42725 on: December 23, 2020, 10:17:47 am »

It smells like he is trying to bribe the people so he will get more support once the civil war starts
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42726 on: December 23, 2020, 10:44:39 am »

At the least, it's a last-minute attempt to get credit for at least attempting to pay out money (that won't even be his to control) so that his legacy is raised (and/or any spoilsport realists who have to deal with the outcome have theirs lowered).

It's exactly his modus operandi to splash around wealth that he doesn't actually have - a whole succession of ass-covering Ponzi Schemes that even draw banks into accepting liabilities - and the question really is where could he go from here. Somehow retaining the presidency is probably less inviting to him than you'd think, despite his protestations (and request for continuing donations from people who forget they liked him for "being so rich I won't need to raise campaign funds")...

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #42727 on: December 23, 2020, 11:07:27 am »

My hot take is that he knows that the republicans will reject that, causing more delays. And since the stimulus is attached to the omnibus, anything that delays that and further risks a shutdown adds another tick to the "torch the place and run" checklist.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42728 on: December 23, 2020, 11:10:34 am »

It smells like he is trying to bribe the people so he will get more support once the civil war starts
But what side will you be? Caps or Ironman?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42729 on: December 23, 2020, 12:17:10 pm »

Did the business liability waiver get rammed in, too? Is it somewhere in that 5,300 pages of bill?

That's one of the few positive things about this final bill - the liability waivers did not make it in.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #42730 on: December 23, 2020, 04:26:00 pm »

Oh, neat. Shitgibbon has apparently vetoed the defense spending bill. Let's see how the GOP reacts...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #42731 on: December 23, 2020, 06:02:24 pm »

Evidently he vetoed it despite it being veto proof, which... I don't really understand.  Does it just go back to the Senate for them to override his veto or something?

And I'm curious why he's making such a big deal about Section 230 since I'm not sure I see what difference it makes to him personally.  Does he want to be able to sue Twitter for people posting negative things about him or something?
Through pain, I find wisdom.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #42732 on: December 23, 2020, 06:19:55 pm »

Yes to both.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #42733 on: December 23, 2020, 06:23:36 pm »

Evidently he vetoed it despite it being veto proof, which... I don't really understand.  Does it just go back to the Senate for them to override his veto or something?
There’s a timing component to this. If it’s stalled long enough, the bill dies. Or something to that effect
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42734 on: December 23, 2020, 08:15:34 pm »

There’s a timing component to this. If it’s stalled long enough, the bill dies. Or something to that effect

If the teacher doesn't show up in 10 minutes, we don't have to vote on the bill.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again
Pages: 1 ... 2847 2848 [2849] 2850 2851 ... 3569