Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2787 2788 [2789] 2790 2791 ... 3567

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4231390 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #41820 on: November 10, 2020, 12:35:17 pm »

Any time you're struck by the feeling that your life is trivial and what you spend your time on is meaningless......just remember Q'Anon, and that people actually spend their waking time evolving this masturbatory fantasy where they believe they see through the veil.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41821 on: November 10, 2020, 12:55:51 pm »

White Wolf should really get onto this for a setting, right? QAnon: The Awakening.

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
« Reply #41822 on: November 10, 2020, 01:56:05 pm »

White Wolf should really get onto this for a setting, right? QAnon: The Awakening.

LOOOOOOOOL!

Yeah, the QAnon stuff really remind me of Hunter: The Reckoning though, but atleast in that universe the conspiracies the Imbued were posting and discussing about were actually real or could be real with further investigation to uncover such things. QAnon is just some fool taking advantage of idiot channers and their gullibility.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41823 on: November 10, 2020, 02:19:13 pm »

But your excuse/reason for voting Trump was "I just don't want to personally act to bring it closer" which acknowledges that what you do in the world matters.
It absolutely does not. I did not say that my personal action would have any effect. It is purely an aesthetic choice.
And remember the context was you saying to someone else not to bother with political action because "what will happen in the world is outside of your control".
This is completely false. I have never suggested people don't bother with political action. People should do whatever they feel like.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #41824 on: November 10, 2020, 02:35:42 pm »

So, how's that civil war going?
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
« Reply #41825 on: November 10, 2020, 03:20:33 pm »

Trump as usual refuses to concede anything (still waiting for him to acknowledge that he lost the popular vote in 2016).  Secretary of State Mike Pompeo is today promising "a smooth transition to a second Trump administration".  Unfortunately Mark Esper won't by around to see it.  Let's hope the purges don't get too severe over the next couple of months.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #41826 on: November 10, 2020, 03:24:53 pm »

Barr has ordered a federal review or whatever of counts in battleground states, and someone has resigned in protest.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #41827 on: November 10, 2020, 05:08:02 pm »

So, how's that civil war going?

Refreshingly civilly

Trump as usual refuses to concede anything (still waiting for him to acknowledge that he lost the popular vote in 2016).  Secretary of State Mike Pompeo is today promising "a smooth transition to a second Trump administration".  Unfortunately Mark Esper won't by around to see it.  Let's hope the purges don't get too severe over the next couple of months.

Pompeo mentioned the state electors which suggests they are at least considering trying to bypass the vote with faithless electors. I don't know much about whether it could succeed legally because I haven't had to look it up before and haven't yet. I'd lean towards it's not going to work without knowing much about it just on how much if flies in the face of what most people believe to be right in the US in regards to election results. This means even if it is completely legal, there is still a good chance someone will find themselves in a position to stop it if it flies in the face of their values more than party loyalty is important to them. Whether it even comes to that, and if my tentative confidence that those values weren't convenient hot air all those years I guess we will see.

Barr has ordered a federal review or whatever of counts in battleground states, and someone has resigned in protest.

From what I heard on the radio the host's expert guest hypothesized that the resignation is a reaction over Barr's as yet unrissued but from the resignation likely impending decision on announcing the opening of political electoral investigations without having all (any?) of the facts shown to the public the justification for the investigation. Parenthesis due to the radio show noting that the Justice Department usually waits until it can release weighty details on why it's publically announcing opening election related investigations because it normally feels it needs to justify very clearly why it is involving itself in elections.

EDIT: Maybe Barr already released the decision? I heard the radio show earlier today so this post could be out of date already.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2020, 05:30:25 pm by Duuvian »
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41828 on: November 10, 2020, 05:47:38 pm »

The Barr thing is (so far) an internal memo that basically clears the way for electoral investigations being done before the election is certified - generally a big no-no due to DOJ not really being an independent agency.

The resignation note clearly points to this particular memo, though obviously it can point just as much to what this sort of memo is suggesting in terms of activity.

We don't know if Barr's meeting with McConnell on Monday was just saying 'humor us a while' or 'mobilize your praetorian guardsmen'.

I'll say that based on my work (which is in the orbit of congress and the WH), few people outside the White House (probably not even McConnell) know what's going on in there. Rumors suggest everything from mere tantrums to orders to "burn it all down." That said, no rumors are suggesting he's going to change course anytime soon, for various reasons.

Still no sign of substantive court challenges yet, for what it's worth.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41829 on: November 10, 2020, 06:17:43 pm »

I'm surprised cheeto in chief hasn't decided to nuke the capital of every blue state in the name of destroying illegal ballots.  After all nuclear blasted skeletons that used to be electoral college members can't vote against him.  At this point he could put on the infinity gauntlet and perform the snappening and his supporters would still call him the second coming of Jesus.

Maybe he's waiting to see if he can bribe the electoral college to become faithless electors instead, or waiting to see if he can convice his yes men in the supreme court to rule elections unconstitutional and declare him dictator for life, and his Jared Kushner doll that he thinks is a real person to be President-and-first-tiger minion.  Then once that fails he'll pretend that his finger slipped and hit the nuke it all button by mistake.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2020, 06:22:02 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #41830 on: November 10, 2020, 06:24:59 pm »

Hard to do that when the people with the nukes hate your guts. Trump was not popular in the military before the election, and now that most of the important Republicans are in full "We lost the White House, now we're focusing on the runoff races to try keeping the Senate" mode there's even less support.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #41831 on: November 10, 2020, 07:13:31 pm »

To be fair to the Supreme Court picks (unsure of the new lady yet) they do appear willing to put jurisprudence above party personal loyalty if it fits their interpretation of the laws. Whether I agree with the logic of that interpretation or not doesn't mean it's always a shoe-in court for Trumpism (specifically in comparison to conservatism generally), though I respect your opinion if you disagree.

I would say if the margins were closer in fewer or one state was the balance it would be more likely for the party to find a navigable route to Trump remaining but I think it's unlikely. Rocky transition? Absolutely

EDIT: I am sure there will likely be a day of decision I RUE speaking well of Trumps appointments I know. Yet I felt in the interest of fairness I should note they appear from my limited observation to be conservative jurists rather than Trumpist loyalists.

That said I am disappointed in the Senatorial games played with confirmations and the IDEA of expanding the court (if possible) has grown on me, though I lack the knowledge to know whether it is truly more than an illusively appealing idea or if makes terrible repurcussions more likely to result later.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2020, 07:37:50 pm by Duuvian »
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #41832 on: November 10, 2020, 07:43:46 pm »

Even at its barest minimum, expanding the courts would make it easier for the SCOTUS to actually do its bloody job, for what it's worth. One of the noted issues with the supreme court as is, is there's too damn few of them to really handle the load they're faced with. The US is a lot larger and its legal system that much messier than it was the last time the court was expanded. Enough justices to split up and handle multiple case loads would be a damn overdue improvement.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41833 on: November 10, 2020, 08:05:36 pm »

Yea I can absolutely see some non-partisan reasons for expanding the court, I feel more Judges would make it harder for a few heavily bias appointments to shift the whole thing, assuming it was originally filled in a non-partisan way (good luck with that though).  And a single justice not being available for a time would be less disruptive.

Though I was under the impression that largely they didn't do independent work, is there something individual justices do as part of the supreme court that more justices would help reduce the workload?  I was under the impression that handling cases was all they did which requires just about all of them anyway.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41834 on: November 10, 2020, 08:06:37 pm »

LOOOOOOOOL!

Yeah, the QAnon stuff really remind me of Hunter: The Reckoning though, but atleast in that universe the conspiracies the Imbued were posting and discussing about were actually real or could be real with further investigation to uncover such things. QAnon is just some fool taking advantage of idiot channers and their gullibility.

Ah I'm up to QAnonAnonymous episode 74, which is audio from a live QAnon rally. This shit needs to be heard to be believed. One of the main speakers, his actual theories are basically the plot of the show Stargate. He did the Looking Glass / deep state time travel bit first, then talked about awakening everyone's psychic powers, and how we then wouldn't need 'Pharaonic Illuminati' technologies such as Google or the postal service. He didn't say Looking Glass was definitely from aliens, however he then moves into how he's certain that Boeing and Lookheed get their R&D funding from the "off planet" slave trade. So, Hillary and co are the Goa'uld basically.

EDIT: this next speaker, he has a great conspiracy theory line. He's pointing out that Hollywood movies resemble the conspiracy theory because the liberal hollywood pedos put that stuff into their movies deliberately to taunt you about it. Brilliant stuff, since the theory can then rip off Tom Clancy, Terminator, Stargate etc and when people point that out, that's part of the conspiracy too.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2020, 08:49:31 pm by Reelya »
Pages: 1 ... 2787 2788 [2789] 2790 2791 ... 3567