Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2767 2768 [2769] 2770 2771 ... 3567

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4228047 times)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #41520 on: November 04, 2020, 11:28:50 pm »

What the hell is wrong with all of you to post such obscenities in a normally polite forum?

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
« Reply #41521 on: November 04, 2020, 11:41:31 pm »

lol

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #41522 on: November 04, 2020, 11:47:52 pm »

Bill de Blasio-Giuliani
This would provoke NYC to declare independence from the union.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #41523 on: November 05, 2020, 12:16:31 am »

Surely Jeb!-Jeb! is the only pair that makes sense.
That's not a pair, that's jeb jeb bush. The question is if they're jar jar binks running mate or the other way.

Well, the main question. The secondary question is if Binks/Bush is an election ticket or a pairing tag... or both. Think of the milestones if we had a president/VP that was a married homosexual interspecies couple! Never before seen in US history, and we'd have living proof aliens existed.

Just you wait, that meteor going to skim the atmosphere is actually jar jar's wedding procession coming down in proper 2020 style.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2020, 12:18:48 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41524 on: November 05, 2020, 12:30:27 am »

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez / her mind-controlled robo-simp Ben Shapiro
Black lives matter.

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41525 on: November 05, 2020, 01:29:33 am »

In other Ameripol news, one consequence of this (ongoing) outcome is that we're up for another round of Republican-favored redistricting. Not as thorough as 2010, but still pretty weighted.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #41526 on: November 05, 2020, 02:07:34 am »

Utah made hunting and fishing a constitutional right

Huh, I wonder how that will be implemented. Could go in quite a few different directions, and the new constitutional text doesn't really help. It does include conservation and "future hunting and fishing" as objectives, at least?
They tried that here several years ago. It's not so much about implementing anything as far as using it as a bulwark against environmental legislation. If it in any way curtails someone's ability to hunt or fish, a lawsuit will be raised on the grounds of infringing on Constitutional rights.

It's one of those innocuous-sounding measures that came out of ALEC, that miraculously shows up introduced into dozens of state legislatures with exactly the same wording..

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41527 on: November 05, 2020, 02:32:56 am »

Ah, shoulda figured it for an ALEC thing. Pity.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #41528 on: November 05, 2020, 04:08:20 am »

They tried that here several years ago. It's not so much about implementing anything as far as using it as a bulwark against environmental legislation. If it in any way curtails someone's ability to hunt or fish, a lawsuit will be raised on the grounds of infringing on Constitutional rights.

Should be quite simple. Anyone trying that, just evict them and bulldoze their home, because it is in the way for their neighbor's ability to fish or hunt.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #41529 on: November 05, 2020, 07:59:07 am »

This is always an unpopular position, but I'm gonna raise it again anyway. If the US would just get with modern times and do their voting through a phone app, the results would have been tabulated and we would have known our next president 2 days ago.
We would also have had higher turnout, and less Corona spread.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #41530 on: November 05, 2020, 08:01:48 am »

And much more vote hacking.

Literally no democratic country use programmed code to vote. It's pure folly.

(Forgive me the pun)
Love, scriver~

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #41531 on: November 05, 2020, 08:22:29 am »

This is always an unpopular position, but I'm gonna raise it again anyway. If the US would just get with modern times and do their voting through a phone app, the results would have been tabulated and we would have known our next president 2 days ago.
We would also have had higher turnout, and less Corona spread.
And have disenfranchised somewhere between a fifth and a tenth of the population :P

2019 smartphone ownership stateside looks like it was about 81%. It's probably up now, but you'd still be locking a lot of people out. Something that could be done with regular cell phones would still cut out somewhere around one in 20 people. It's the old problem with getting the US up to modern times with a lot of things -- swathes of it are little better than a third world shithole, and are going to have trouble with infrastructure.

Having the option might not be the worst idea, though. I'd rather we just do automatic registration or somethin' (if you're a citizen of age you get the vote, flat out, no conditionals, no registration, no way to take it away or deny it -- you vote in jail, you vote on the streets, you vote overseas, you have citizenship you get the vote regardless of anything else) and make election day a bloody holiday already. On top of just mailing everyone we can reach a mail-in, postage paid, ballot. Etc., etc.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41532 on: November 05, 2020, 08:54:45 am »

Trump's let slip his real feelings "we want all voting to stop". (my emphasis).

https://twitter.com/RedRebelReports/status/1323896210445406211

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #41533 on: November 05, 2020, 09:06:39 am »

2019 smartphone ownership stateside looks like it was about 81%. It's probably up now, but you'd still be locking a lot of people out.
Having the option might not be the worst idea, though.

Yeah, I didn't mean to imply that the existing voting methods would be discontinued. At least not right away.
But many people are locked out of the current system because they can't get to voting places, or don't have time on voting day. Many others just don't bother because of the lines and inconvenience. I'd wager that if app voting became a thing, the increased participation through the app would outweigh people doing it the old-fashioned way so heavily that most states would be able to declare their results before they even started counting the paper ballots.

And regarding security, a properly designed app would be far more difficult to hack compared to defrauding the pieces of paper and archaic machines we are using now.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41534 on: November 05, 2020, 09:09:28 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 05:09:25 pm by dragdeler »
let
Pages: 1 ... 2767 2768 [2769] 2770 2771 ... 3567