Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2724 2725 [2726] 2727 2728 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4226315 times)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #40875 on: October 25, 2020, 11:19:39 pm »

^

The contents of the spoiler are dead-nuts correct.

It is also 100% why one should never use the "White males are racist shitbags by default" bullshit;  That modality of thinking is being promulgated by the people that profit from our fighting amongst ourselves.

I have vastly more in common with poor mexicans and black people than I EVER will with those shitstains in power, and drinking the coolaid those fuckers keep pouring out on us will only serve to poison us for centuries after those old shitbags succumb to their decadence and rot from the inside out.

Do you guys want to be like the middle east?  Do you want to have permanent hatred between black people, white people, and brown people?  Because drinking the fucking coolaid is how we end up like that, forever.

« Last Edit: October 25, 2020, 11:22:09 pm by wierd »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #40876 on: October 26, 2020, 01:32:26 am »

Recognizing this, in and of itself, helps fix it. It's not personal. It's not about you, a white straight man, you are not the profiteer. You may gain some small benefits but they are minuscule in comparison. But the fact that you asked that, that you feel attacked, that is precisely the goal of the system as constructed.

You're right about everything except this conclusion. It's the people who claim to be against this system that feed these feelings rather than striving for solidarity. You should not accept rhetoric that plays into the hands of your oppressors, and that's exactly what portraying white manitude as the source of evil does.

If the opponent team has been using a winning strategy for 200+ years you don't win by playing into their strategy. You break their strategy.
Love, scriver~

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #40877 on: October 26, 2020, 02:10:10 am »

That's not how I meant it to be understood but I concede it was late in the evening for me (it is later still as I write this) and I was preferring more succinct to less as I attempted to wrap it up, even if it sometimes led to misleading language. I'll look it over at a time when I am not tired.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #40878 on: October 26, 2020, 04:33:00 am »

The solution, then, is to educate the non-slaveholders in what they have in common with the slaves.

You'd think it would be obvious what the end result would be of asking the non-slaveholders to admit how great their life is, because at least they weren't born a slave! Not only does it not motivate the poor southerners to work in own best interest, it pushes them away because it shows a lack of regard for their individual experience by lumping them in a shared category with the wealthy slaveholder. Once offended, the non-slaveholder may tend towards negative emotion, not facts, and you've lost. That's how you get a Trump supporter Confederate soldier.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2020, 04:57:34 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40879 on: October 26, 2020, 05:26:37 am »

in the modern era, we are *ALL* slaves though.  There just isn't legal paperwork to that effect, just the end results in the final calculus.

Do you spend all your time working your ass off, while still in debt up to your motherfucking eyeballs, because you had no real choice but to accept a predatory loan you cant discharge just to get a job to begin with?

Do you get constantly neglected, but told to produce more and more, while you get paid less and less?

Is your district so fucking gerrymandered that you can't even calculate it's perimeter length?

Then you are a slave like the rest of us.  "not born black" my hairy ass. Like that fucking matters, in any measurably real capacity.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40880 on: October 26, 2020, 05:34:02 am »

in the modern era, we are *ALL* slaves though.  There just isn't legal paperwork to that effect, just the end results in the final calculus.

Do you spend all your time working your ass off, while still in debt up to your motherfucking eyeballs, because you had no real choice but to accept a predatory loan you cant discharge just to get a job to begin with?
No

Do you get constantly neglected, but told to produce more and more, while you get paid less and less?
No

Is your district so fucking gerrymandered that you can't even calculate it's perimeter length?
No

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40881 on: October 26, 2020, 05:51:25 am »

Once offended, the non-slaveholder may tend towards negative emotion, not facts, and you've lost. That's how you get a Trump supporter Confederate soldier.

How does one even go about convincing someone that behaves like a scared burrowing animal; that once frightened will retreat into its hole, and any attempt to force it out will just coax it to burrow down deeper and embed itself more permanently than ever before?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #40882 on: October 26, 2020, 06:01:33 am »

I, even I, know the solution
Love, music, wine, and revolution
Love, scriver~

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40883 on: October 26, 2020, 06:35:08 am »

How does one even go about convincing someone that behaves like a scared burrowing animal; that once frightened will retreat into its hole, and any attempt to force it out will just coax it to burrow down deeper and embed itself more permanently than ever before?
Nobody is really like that. People can tell when you think they're like that even if you think you're hiding it. Why are you surprised that you cannot convince people you treat like that?

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40884 on: October 26, 2020, 07:45:24 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 05:01:36 pm by dragdeler »
let

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40885 on: October 26, 2020, 07:48:45 am »

Nobody is really like that. People can tell when you think they're like that even if you think you're hiding it. Why are you surprised that you cannot convince people you treat like that?
No, plenty of people are. Siege mentality is a real thing, and is one reason why attack ads are very hit or miss in my opinion. The instant you speak ill of trump, some people just retreat into "YOU'RE BRAINWASHED BY THE LIBERAL MEDIA" and the conversation is effectively over.

Also, uh, Weird? Are you okay? You seem to have this strange misplaced hate for the new progressives in the Democratic party.

Edit: was Ninja'd by Dragdeler, they fucking nailed it.

Edit2: oh, today is Intersex awareness day. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intersex_Awareness_Day
« Last Edit: October 26, 2020, 07:53:28 am by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40886 on: October 26, 2020, 07:57:20 am »

I honestly can't understand how anyone could think that incomprehensible torrent of misdirected impotent rage nailed anything.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40887 on: October 26, 2020, 08:00:30 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 05:01:39 pm by dragdeler »
let

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40888 on: October 26, 2020, 08:01:00 am »

I honestly can't understand how anyone could think that incomprehensible torrent of misdirected impotent rage nailed anything.

Try and criticize the current administration to a hardcore trumper and let me know how it goes.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40889 on: October 26, 2020, 08:15:39 am »

Try and criticize the current administration to a hardcore trumper and let me know how it goes.
I have, in fact, done so and do so regularly, with members of my own family.

I am saying that, for the sake of your own humanity, if nothing else, you should at least consider the possibility that people aren't all one thing and you might not have them as sussed as you think.

There is a reason you can't raise your arm or read Mein Kampf in public in germany:
That reason is "because Germany is not a free state with Constitutional guarantees of freedom".
ETA: But actually, this is giving the statement way more credit than it deserves. The correct response was, "what the fuck does that have to do with anything?" It is in no way related to anything I said. You throw out nonsequiturs like this. Are you in fact a Markov chain generator?
« Last Edit: October 26, 2020, 08:20:19 am by Maximum Spin »
Pages: 1 ... 2724 2725 [2726] 2727 2728 ... 3566