Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2687 2688 [2689] 2690 2691 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4226084 times)

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #40320 on: October 09, 2020, 01:46:34 pm »

Given that Trump is the anti-authoritarian authority[1] that all kinds of that kind of person 'trusts'[2], I'm not sure we can dismiss that connection.

(Ninjaed twice.)

[1] "I will stop people from telling you what to do, for your own good. By Executive Order!"

[2] Insofar as if they are told to go and tidy their rooms by their parents, Trump would be the tornado that makes that no longer an issue.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #40321 on: October 09, 2020, 01:56:52 pm »

"Trump is a tyrant. Everyone in government is your enemy."

Disclaimer: I have never seen this "Robby Starbucks" before and have no idea what his connections or biases might be.
Love, scriver~

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40322 on: October 09, 2020, 02:07:06 pm »

Eh, I think it's feasible. Always better to get a better source than twitter, of course, but it is feasible.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #40323 on: October 09, 2020, 02:31:04 pm »

Oh, and since apparently some people are pushing this as meaning they are left-wing: Obviously being anti-Trump does not mean one isn't right-wing. Trump does not have a monopoly on the right-wing of politics.
Love, scriver~

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40324 on: October 09, 2020, 02:34:59 pm »

Haven't you heard? There's only two sides, and you're with us or you're against us.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #40325 on: October 09, 2020, 06:00:56 pm »

I mean people made the association after the president tweeted "LIBERATE MICHIGAN" while armed men were storming the Michigan statehouse. He didn't tell them to do that, but it sure looks like he's encouraging them by cheering them on.

Unrelated: second debate officially canceled by the commission. Meanwhile what is being billed as Trump's life physical on air will be occuring tonight on Fox (but pre-recorded; and it's a televisit and not an actual physical). His schedule remains in doubt: what was billed as a rally in Florida on Saturday has apparently been pushed to Monday, and he'll be doing some sort of mini rally or something tomorrow on the White House South lawn with 2000 people; he'll address the crowd from a balcony.

But he's totally fine guys. 100% over it, as people are usually totally better by day 10 of their illness and trending up indefinitely, as Boris Johnson taught us. (Unrelated: Chris Christie has been hospitalized for a week now).
« Last Edit: October 09, 2020, 06:03:29 pm by misko27 »
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #40326 on: October 09, 2020, 06:09:11 pm »

The corona judgement shall not be denied.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #40327 on: October 09, 2020, 06:51:02 pm »

In SC, Lindsey Graham is refusing to get COVID tested, leading to his second debate with Jaime Harrison being changed to essentially dueling infomercials. Clever move by Graham, as he's gotta know he looks bad on a debate stage alongside literally anyone with a pulse.

And don't worry about Michigan, because a private security firm is hiring former Special Forces guys to protect the polls.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40328 on: October 09, 2020, 06:55:33 pm »

I'm guessing Trump's too sick for the next debate, but rejecting the virtual format that's been proposed is a way of saving face over the matter.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40329 on: October 09, 2020, 06:58:13 pm »

He had a couple coughing fits on the Fox interview.  Which really does trigger my human empathy, respiratory troubles are a literal nightmare.

I hope it weakened his attempts at projecting power for the fascists in his audience.  And he's still a piece of shit for endangering so many other lives in that endeavor.  But if I or someone else had to die, I'd pick almost any other method. 

And yet that's what he's spreading to them and to us through his willful misinformation campaign, denying support to "blue states", and incompetence demanded by rampant egomania. 

Now he's taking products developed from aborted embryos while he forces his cultist nominee on the Court - the fundies know to put politics over personal animosity.  I'm not sure what fate will be more ironic:  Death by Covid, being dumped by the fundy right as soon as he loses the election, or being an unnoteable casualty of the violent political upheaval he's helped accelerate.  It's not going to be good for anyone, I picture us having more important things to worry about than his fate - and that's probably the worst thing he can imagine.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40330 on: October 09, 2020, 07:02:08 pm »

In bigger news, I have my local council elections in a couple of weeks and they mailed me a ballot. Oh the joy of a working postal system and nobody in office here trying to fuck it up.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #40331 on: October 09, 2020, 07:17:05 pm »

In bigger news, I have my local council elections in a couple of weeks and they mailed me a ballot. Oh the joy of a working postal system and nobody in office here trying to fuck it up.

My wife got her ballot done already man!

Obviously my anecdotal evidence Trumps everyone else’s experience.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40332 on: October 09, 2020, 07:34:59 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 04:56:39 pm by dragdeler »
let

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #40333 on: October 09, 2020, 09:45:22 pm »

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40334 on: October 10, 2020, 12:00:41 am »

In SC, Lindsey Graham is refusing to get COVID tested, leading to his second debate with Jaime Harrison being changed to essentially dueling infomercials. Clever move by Graham, as he's gotta know he looks bad on a debate stage alongside literally anyone with a pulse.

And don't worry about Michigan, because a private security firm is hiring former Special Forces guys to protect the polls.

Some are suggesting this is actually about the Supreme Court nomination. If more Republican Senators test positive and have to quarantine, it could kill the nomination.
Pages: 1 ... 2687 2688 [2689] 2690 2691 ... 3566