Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2660 2661 [2662] 2663 2664 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4227623 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #39915 on: October 02, 2020, 02:51:01 am »

Oh my god my mother just came over; she saw the letter released by the president's physician, which reminded her...:

Trump's physician is a Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (D.O.) who, it was noted, administers Trump his preventative Hydroxocloroquine.

Oh boy. Trump may need those prayers pretty damn badly. I assumed he would get the finest care imaginable but...

EDIT: Maybe we've been thinking about this all wrong. After all, if he had simply not tested for it, would he really have it? Think about it.
I demand that Trump be administered only hydroxychloroquine and Tide Pod chewables.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #39916 on: October 02, 2020, 02:55:18 am »

Even if Trump does fuck up his own medical care, that only lasts until he ends up on a ventilator and unable to refuse. Then they can start with the stem cell magic or whatever else they've got in reserve.

Unless Pence decides otherwise, I suppose...
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #39917 on: October 02, 2020, 03:07:29 am »

Even if Trump does fuck up his own medical care, that only lasts until he ends up on a ventilator and unable to refuse. Then they can start with the stem cell magic or whatever else they've got in reserve.

Unless Pence decides otherwise, I suppose...
Twist ending: Trump and Biden both wind up on ventilators in the same ICU unit at Walter Reed, until Biden regains just enough consciousness to stagger out of bed and unplug Trump's vent before collapsing. Kind of like the end to Bubba Ho-tep but even more inspiring.

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #39918 on: October 02, 2020, 03:09:55 am »

I mean thing is if they fuck it up there isn't necessarily a way out. That's how Steve Jobs went down you know (admittedly Cancer is more exponential than most diseases). But I mean he's 74, he's obese; he's got a lot less margin for error than Boris Johnson did, to say the least, and ol Boris ended up needing every bit of margin they could get.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39919 on: October 02, 2020, 03:33:55 am »

Speaking of Melania...

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/01/us/politics/melania-trump-tapes.html

A little old to come out NOW, but this is an election year.  Oh, if only we could get candid recordings of her and Donny as they get sick as hell from their 'little flu'.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #39920 on: October 02, 2020, 03:38:41 am »

Trump is very proud that he aced his COVID test. Nobody has ever had such a positive result! All the doctors were amazed!

Of course, this is his own fault for getting tested. If he hadn't gotten tested, he wouldn't have gotten it.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39921 on: October 02, 2020, 03:40:39 am »

The test kit made him positive!

Finally, PROOF!

/s

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #39922 on: October 02, 2020, 03:47:12 am »

Meanwhile, right-wingers are clutching their collective pearls and are shocked, SHOCKED at the terrible, hateful things godless libcommie ANTIFA Soros operatives are saying about Glorious Leader. Y'know, slightly less than two weeks after they were posting tasteless memes and celebrating about Ginsburg dying.  ::)

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #39923 on: October 02, 2020, 04:04:45 am »

Jesse Jackson tweeted that we should all pray for the President and Melania to have a full and speedy recovery, and most folks are like, "Naw, fam...karma is a bitch." XD

I applaud him for the decorum, but yeah...sending whatever the opposite of Thoughts and Prayers are.

Curses ought to be the opposite of prayers; as for thoughts, my search engine tells me indifference is the opposite, but it's hard to curse someone with indifference... Or perhaps the opposite of a thought is an action, Curses and Actions then.
I'm not sure what personal actions could negatively affect the President's health though, that do not put one in risk of the Secret Service.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #39924 on: October 02, 2020, 04:12:10 am »

You need to send your thoughts and prayers in the opposite direction, to interfere with the flow of thoughts and prayers towards the president.

So what you want to do might depend on where you live, but praying for Jacinda Ardern in the Kiwi elections is probably a safe bet for most people.
One wheel short of a wagon

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #39925 on: October 02, 2020, 04:14:54 am »

Jesse Jackson tweeted that we should all pray for the President and Melania to have a full and speedy recovery, and most folks are like, "Naw, fam...karma is a bitch." XD

I applaud him for the decorum, but yeah...sending whatever the opposite of Thoughts and Prayers are.

Curses ought to be the opposite of prayers; as for thoughts, my search engine tells me indifference is the opposite, but it's hard to curse someone with indifference... Or perhaps the opposite of a thought is an action, Curses and Actions then.
I'm not sure what personal actions could negatively affect the President's health though, that do not put one in risk of the Secret Service.
Oh, given the number of pagans, witches, etc. in my friend circle I'm sure there are a lot of actions that would not be chargeable in an American court. Now, a Ugandan court, that's a different story.

Speaking of, I wonder if anyone should ask him if he's been having dream sex with demons.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #39926 on: October 02, 2020, 04:59:16 am »

I can't help but wonder if Trump getting corona is real, or just a fake, so he can say 'see, it's just a minor flu' after he 'recovers'.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39927 on: October 02, 2020, 07:22:02 am »

I'm content to send Ts&Ps, unvarnished and uninverted. It is, I believe, the least I can do with the least resultant effect. And, if it is not, then I have no cause to question whatever ineffibility is operating behind the scenes.  Indeed, I've already considered what it would be like if his attitudes (despite his reported/affected germophobia) resulted in something like this happening... Maybe this counted as a previously successful call for divine/infernal intervention?

When I went to bed, it was only the Hope Hicks announcement (I even at one point had my fingers over the Post button for something that was basically a very bad pun on the word "Hope", but withheld). Tried to imagine why it might be 'engineered'/up-played. Couldn't imagine Trump himself using that as a ruse to 'beg off' the next debate, though possibly he could be convinced, by someone who could reach through his ego.

(...maybe, I thought, a plan to get around the new debate restrictions (switch-offable mikes) by forcing an entirely remote debate and then engineering network drop-outs to blame upon enemies? Discredit his MM enemies?)

Right now, I'm more inclined to either just straight up karma-played-straight, an attempted Boris Bounce effect (Johnson was in ICU for a few days, though I don't see him willing to fake/overplay that, in hospital for a week and then took a while longer to publicly rehelm business) or an opportunistic combination of the two - so long as the disease is happy enough to oblige the planned script.

The latter scenario doesn't sound likely. And the desperation needed to implement a 'crisis' (entirely cut from whole-cloth, just the 'screenplay' and none of the confounding external factors) would need to be palpable. If it is, I'd not noticed it, with plenty of other little plans from the Trump Playbook still being worked.

(BTW, stupidiest Twitter exchange I saw (in a competative field) was basically - Supporter: "It's only flu, don't freak out, he'll recover"; Someone else: "I had this, it can lay you low, I'm still not right since March"; Other supporter: "Rubbish. I had it and I'm fine, so there's nothing to worry about".  i.e. an example of how it can be bad is tried to be dismissed with a single example where it happened not to be. Though the one touting the 4% (the new '6%'?) as just being natural selection that will make America stronger (in this case, used in a pro-Trump way, though the laser-guided-karma guys on the opposite side have for a long time touted a more Darwin Award spin on the idea) seemed particularly sociopathic.)

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #39928 on: October 02, 2020, 08:33:47 am »

I'm not hoping for him to die or suffer. I'm hoping for him to be shaken into growing up and developing a sense of perspective on the world by an experience that causes him to re-evaluate his entire life and become a better* person.

Admittedly the former is more likely, but still.

* Read: basically decent for a change.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #39929 on: October 02, 2020, 08:41:38 am »

That would be the ideal outcome, but realistically he's too old and set in his ways to do anything like that.  Not to mention even if he, personally, was humbled by it, he'd never admit it to The Base by acting any differently.
Through pain, I find wisdom.
Pages: 1 ... 2660 2661 [2662] 2663 2664 ... 3566