Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2624 2625 [2626] 2627 2628 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4226547 times)

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #39375 on: September 18, 2020, 07:03:49 pm »

My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #39376 on: September 18, 2020, 07:05:53 pm »

RIP.

At least she made it through most of Trump's first term. Just imagine how much worse 2020 could have been...

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #39377 on: September 18, 2020, 07:08:59 pm »

We're so fucked. Make way for Justice Tom Cotton.

But fuck her for not retiring in 08, fuck Obama for not taking McConnell to the mat when Scalia died, fuck every Trump voter and non-voter, fuck the Democratic Party for being useless feckless collaborators and bootlickers, and fuck America in general.

Anyone want to tell me I'm too negative again?
« Last Edit: September 18, 2020, 07:11:50 pm by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #39378 on: September 18, 2020, 07:13:29 pm »

Time to filibuster till Inauguration Day.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #39379 on: September 18, 2020, 07:15:32 pm »

Biden would appoint a Republican to show good faith. It doesn't matter.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #39380 on: September 18, 2020, 07:18:46 pm »

Biden would appoint a Republican to show good faith. It doesn't matter.
I can stomach a moderate Republican. Trump will appoint some crazed shit weasel. Yes, it makes a difference.

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #39381 on: September 18, 2020, 07:20:40 pm »

The one and only solution now is court packing, either through expansion or impeaching the existing fascists.

Nothing stops the Democrats from doing this if they win the election, although SCOTUS will just hand the election to the Republicans now even if the seat stays empty if they are given at all a chance.

I hope Roberts is shaking in his fucking boots about being remembered as the man who destroyed the Supreme Court, at least.

But yes, Biden's idea of a good SCOTUS judge is fucking Thomas, so there's not much hope of that.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #39382 on: September 18, 2020, 07:29:39 pm »

Here's a 2020 hell scenario for you:
Dems actually manage to block the vacancy from being filled.
Election comes down to one or two states with extremely close vote margins and widespread allegations of voter fraud/intimidation/suppression.
Lawsuit goes to the Supreme Court, a la Gore-Bush.
Court deadlocks 4-4.

Not trying to be a Chicken Little, but now might not be a bad time to stock up some extra food and ammo.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #39383 on: September 18, 2020, 07:45:22 pm »

Court deadlocks 4-4.

I can see it happen.

No Recount/Count Stop/No Investigation (Trump Wins): Thomas (Obvious), Alito (Also obvious), Kavanaugh (I like beer)

Recount/No Count Stop/Investigation (Biden Wins): Sotomayor (Obvious), Kagan (Also obvious), Breyer (oh god, oh fuck)

This leaves us with Roberts and Gorsuch. Roberts will do whatever he believes is less likely to see him and the court arrested. Gorsuch will continue to be a human text-parsing machine even if there is literally a CIA agent in the room telling him how he'll be voting.

So it comes down to how Gorsuch's dumb fucking legal philosophy interprets the state law, and if Roberts goes the other way which will largely depend on what the Congressional results look like and if the crowd outside the courthouse has pitchforks out. And what the CIA does, I guess.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2020, 07:49:14 pm by MetalSlimeHunt »
No Gods, No Masters.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39384 on: September 18, 2020, 07:56:18 pm »

I love how the supreme court is just a betting pool to see which old fuck will croak first.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

MasterFancyPants

• Bay Watcher
  • I LOVE TACOS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39385 on: September 18, 2020, 08:17:17 pm »

"But fuck her for not retiring in 08"
"We lost, so let's just change the rules!"
Lol.
RGB literally killed herself trying to outlast Trump. Even though I disagree with the vast majority of her opinions and hate her legislation from the court stance, I can respect her.
You know my first thought was Trump should hold off until after the election to give Dems a chance, but naw. Screw you guys, people who hate someone on their own side because she FUCKING DIED should not have any power.
A justice will likely be appointed and approved in the next month or two.
Quote from: Frumple
Flailing people to death with empty socks, though, that takes a lot of effort. Less so if the sock's made out of something interesting, but generally quite difficult.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #39386 on: September 18, 2020, 08:23:48 pm »

RBG was more concerned with her precious legacy than the effects of her dying in office right up until the day that it happened. Like every Democrat, she refused to take the threat of Republican fascism seriously and now we will all pay the price.

You will win nothing either, Trumpist. America's downfall will not confine itself to the cities.
No Gods, No Masters.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39387 on: September 18, 2020, 08:29:32 pm »

Blindly standing by one's own side sounds like that NPC meme the right is always bandying about to dehumanize us.

I'm sorry our ability to have our own opinions makes us, like, degenerate and inherently worth opposing on moral grounds.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #39388 on: September 18, 2020, 08:31:22 pm »

Screw you guys

Thank you for encapsulating the MAGAt thought process (such as it is) so succinctly.

Also, you realize MSH is not the appointed spokesperson for all things Left? You do know that, right?

Aaaaaand already the finest minds the Right has to offer are crafting shitty, tasteless memes to celebrate someone's death. Now, I'm not going to get too self-righteous about that, because frankly there's at least 100+ prominent folks in the GOP, Trump administration, and assorted "punditry" who I'd gleefully celebrate if they keeled over dead. But it's still a sign of where we are as a country, and where we're heading.

MasterFancyPants

• Bay Watcher
  • I LOVE TACOS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39389 on: September 18, 2020, 08:31:39 pm »

I win lots of laughs.
America isn't going to "fall" anymore than it did when Obama was elected, or Bush, or Clinton, or Bush #1, or Regan, or Carter.
Try and relax, there will be another Democrat president they you can talk down to the unhinged republicans who claim the world is ending. You're just gonna have to wait until after Trump second term. :)
Quote from: Frumple
Flailing people to death with empty socks, though, that takes a lot of effort. Less so if the sock's made out of something interesting, but generally quite difficult.
Pages: 1 ... 2624 2625 [2626] 2627 2628 ... 3566