Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2552 2553 [2554] 2555 2556 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4223790 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #38295 on: July 29, 2020, 08:41:22 pm »

Until some humans come along and dig up the tasty salt.

Obviously the glowing green salt is the best salt.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38296 on: July 29, 2020, 09:21:38 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 04:33:42 pm by dragdeler »
let

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38297 on: July 29, 2020, 10:16:36 pm »

So Pelosi is now mandating masks to be worn by everyone in the house due to the Gomert thing, how do you think they'll react to that?

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #38298 on: July 29, 2020, 11:12:04 pm »

That it's an attempt to mass assassinate congress, despite trump finally wearing a mask and advocating for it.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #38299 on: July 29, 2020, 11:33:02 pm »

Maskassination

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38300 on: July 30, 2020, 12:36:41 am »

Sorry, but that 'k' sort of stops the flow. No cigar.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #38301 on: July 30, 2020, 02:23:59 am »

Sorry, but that 'k' sort of stops the flow. No cigar.

Well so do cigars if you smoke them long enough

(I assume they have similar long-term effects on breathing as cigarettes do?)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #38302 on: July 30, 2020, 03:04:25 am »

"I am happy to inform you that anyone who is living their Suburban Lifestyle Dream will no longer be bothered or financially hit by housing for the lower incomes being built in your neighborhood", thus spoke Trump, who just cancelled the AFFH rule from the 1968 Civil Rights Act that had been finally instated by Obama.

Translation: fuck you, lower income black people, go build slums in the ghetto.

Where Hillary went way too far by calling Trump voters deplorables, this goes a step further.  According to Trump, there is no place for the poor in the American Dream.  Where Hillary's words were just that, words, Trump turns his words into action.

EDIT: In other news, unless a miracle happens, coming friday, 30 million Americans will no longer be able to withdraw cash from the ATM, or pay their rent, or buy groceries. Coming friday, the payments for those that lost their income due to the corona virus end.  Millions of Americans are panicking.
https://www.bbc.com/news/business-53534435
« Last Edit: July 30, 2020, 03:15:02 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #38303 on: July 30, 2020, 09:35:12 am »

Trump tweeted a quizzical "should we delay the election?" to avoid voter fraud by mail-in ballots. A type of fraud which doesn't exist. Not a good look.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #38304 on: July 30, 2020, 09:50:36 am »

It's only fraud when someone else does it. When him, Barr, Devos and others in his cabinet do it, why, it's just exercising their rights.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #38305 on: July 30, 2020, 10:33:13 am »

Meanwhile, Biden has openly called for political persecution of anarchists, while mimicking Trump narrative about violent protesters.

Not that it should be surprising to anyone who was paying any attention before the Trump era.

Just needs to be constantly reiterated how marginal the "lesser" is in this cycle's "lesser evil".  And that even the stuff going on in Portland did not began with Trump, and will not end with him.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38306 on: July 30, 2020, 10:33:26 am »

The whole ' delay the election' thing is probably Just an attempt by Trump to shift the media's focus away from the terrible economic data that just came out.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #38307 on: July 30, 2020, 10:42:28 am »

Oh goodness it's a busy day. Hang on I've just come back from work I'll supply links in a minute.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #38308 on: July 30, 2020, 10:55:47 am »

Herman Cain has succumbed to the 'Rona.
Didn't he get it at the last Trump rally?
Spoiler: F (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 30, 2020, 10:58:23 am by TamerVirus »
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38309 on: July 30, 2020, 11:11:04 am »

EDIT: In other news, unless a miracle happens, coming friday, 30 million Americans will no longer be able to withdraw cash from the ATM, or pay their rent, or buy groceries. Coming friday, the payments for those that lost their income due to the corona virus end.  Millions of Americans are panicking.
https://www.bbc.com/news/business-53534435

Don't be so sensationalist.  It isn't that they aren't able to withdraw from ATMs; it's that their accounts will be empty.
 This is bad, but not as bad as making it sound like someone has removed the ability for people to bank.

I'm of divided mind here: on one hand I wish we would be doing more as a society to help people out. On the other hand, for crying out loud everyone knew the benefits were scheduled to run out, so why continue with the blind hope that they would continue indefinitely?

Also - yeah I agree $150 a week is not enough for rent for a single person, but it should be more than enough for food.  If you can't do groceries on $50/week per person I don't know how to help.  But if you are 19 and getting $600 a month for nothing, and can't find roommates, I'm really not sure how to help you other than give you some short term funds and advice to help you transition to a workable situation.
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.
Pages: 1 ... 2552 2553 [2554] 2555 2556 ... 3566