Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2336 2337 [2338] 2339 2340 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4197295 times)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #35055 on: February 26, 2020, 07:31:57 am »

I'm having trouble finding any of those memes, I don't think they're really ... catching on.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #35056 on: February 26, 2020, 07:34:34 am »

NEWS BREAK: CHINESE LICKING AND SPITTING ON DOORKNOBS TO SPREAD MEMES

Edit: Speaking of which Bloomberg is quickly becoming my favourite politician: https://imgur.com/gallery/J4BLDrw

Doubbledit: He looks so scared in that clip
« Last Edit: February 26, 2020, 07:44:03 am by scriver »
Love, scriver~

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35057 on: February 26, 2020, 08:49:34 am »

Bumber, this video is why I don't sleep at night.

Because people yell at you if you lick their doorknobs during the day?

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #35058 on: February 26, 2020, 08:57:24 am »

Show me in the law where it says I can't lick someone else's doorbell. I'm well within my rights.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35059 on: February 26, 2020, 09:04:13 am »

Broke: Licking doorknobs.
Woke: Eating doorknobs.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #35060 on: February 27, 2020, 05:12:13 am »

I'm having trouble finding any of those memes, I don't think they're really ... catching on.

Going viral?
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35061 on: February 28, 2020, 02:57:51 pm »

FiveThirtyEight predicts a very interesting SuperTuesday.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/election-update-what-our-forecast-says-about-every-super-tuesday-state/

We will see. If things turn out like they predict, I foresee a lot of very brown knickers in the DNC.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #35062 on: February 28, 2020, 05:47:09 pm »

Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35063 on: February 28, 2020, 07:47:12 pm »

Those numbers seem odd when you consider how well Buttyget has been doing so far.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35064 on: February 28, 2020, 10:05:23 pm »

Those numbers seem odd when you consider how well Buttyget has been doing so far.

IKR?  How could republican bloombutt get 3rd place in all that.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35065 on: February 28, 2020, 10:47:09 pm »

Maybe if the Buttigieg people are jumping ship to Bloomberg or something. I don't follow your guys closely enough to know their policies or voter-bases exactly however so may be off-base there.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #35066 on: February 28, 2020, 10:56:13 pm »

Possibly Bloomberg is appealing to people who would normally vote republican and see him as most aligned to their interests. There is also a group who are ardently against Sanders and will fall in line behind the next strongest candidate. Not sure how every state handles primaries, though, so I could be totally off there.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #35067 on: February 28, 2020, 11:25:00 pm »

Bloomberg is spending more money on ads this month than the majority of the people in this thread will ever have in their lifetimes. That gives him a huge edge, and there's several Super Tuesday states where Sanders is going to do very poorly. That leaves Biden and Bloomberg, so Bloomberg has a decent chance in those states. These are also states that are pretty much already counted for Trump, so they're not that important in the general, but they can affect the primaries some.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35068 on: February 28, 2020, 11:30:13 pm »

Ninja'd but yeah.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2020-campaign-ads/

The fact that he's spending, most weeks, more than every other campaign combined, on ads has a big effect.

It doesn't affect everyone, especially if you've been paying attention, but the ads go after people who specifically don't consume other political media, such as debates or pundit analyzing.

Ad Boomberg even sounds reasonable. And in some places, he's the only thing on TV or in the paper. Even where the other candidates are putting money into ads, he'll still likely have as many or more ads than they will. Name recognition means a lot, and it helps he's got a popular national scale newspaper with his name on it, and was mayor of New York City in one of its more memorable eras.

Name recognition. Name recognition. Name recognition. It's what was keeping Biden afloat for so long and now he's managed to ensure people will never forget his name by simply making sure it's the one they hear most often.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35069 on: February 29, 2020, 12:13:49 am »

Trump's now decided to tell his cultists the coronavirus is a hoax.

At this point it's only a matter of time before some Bernie bro figures out how to create a biological agent in his garage and use Trump's pathological inability to admit problems to have his supporters race to catch it to prove how harmless it is, thereby ensuring a Democratic majority.
Pages: 1 ... 2336 2337 [2338] 2339 2340 ... 3566